|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Agree to hand over a patient that needed to be hospitalized.
(c) Operate on an old spaniel in delicate condition.
(d) Recommend him to a local farmer.
2. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) The mynah bird.
(b) The goldfish.
(c) A tabby cat.
(d) The labrador.
3. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The birth of a new lamb.
(b) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(c) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(d) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
4. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(b) A veterinary student.
5. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
(a) Helen invited him to Sunday tea.
(b) A sick cow.
(c) His car broke down nearby.
(d) He was following up on an animal Siegfried had treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
2. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
4. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
5. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)