|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
2. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(b) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(c) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(d) Someone defending him against the accusations.
3. What do vets do for husk today?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The exact same process.
(c) There is a vaccine and a good therapeutic agent.
(d) Administer antibiotics.
4. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
(a) He has a toothache.
(b) He was unsuccesful treating a dog the day before and it died.
(c) He and Tristan had been fighting about finances.
(d) He has just been forced to give up smoking for health reasons.
5. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
(a) Horace Dawson.
(d) Deputy Claude Blenkiron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
2. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
3. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
4. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
5. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)