|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(b) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
2. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
(a) Deputy Claude Blenkiron.
(c) Horace Dawson.
3. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(b) An old horse.
(c) The bones of many cats.
(d) All of the above.
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
(b) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
(c) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
(d) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
5. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(b) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(c) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(d) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
3. What is Jock's favorite thing?
4. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)