|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Granville to work on Dinah?
(a) Almost all day.
(b) A couple hours.
(d) Almost an hour.
2. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(b) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
3. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Drinking on the job.
(b) Not being punctual.
(c) Being careless and flippant.
(d) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
(b) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
(c) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
(d) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
5. Why does Herriot get ill while waiting for Dinah with Granville?
(a) He came down with a flu going around.
(b) The farm they went to smelled horribly.
(c) Granville gave him some tonic that made him ill.
(d) He felt obliged to eat and drink what Granville served him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
2. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
3. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
4. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)