|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
(a) The bull had grown and turned mean.
(b) Herriot hated drawing blood.
(c) The light was dim in the box. Herriot wasn't sure he could find a vein.
(d) Harry Sumner had no way to hold the bull still.
2. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She died giving birth.
(c) She rejected him at birth.
(d) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
3. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) The mud.
(b) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(c) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(d) The extreme cold.
4. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(b) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(c) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
(d) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
5. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herriot get ill while waiting for Dinah with Granville?
2. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
3. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
5. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)