|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(c) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(d) Jock takes racing very seriously.
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(b) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(c) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
(d) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
3. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
(a) McLuskie's Disease
(c) He went blind.
(d) He had hairball in his fourth stomach.
4. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) An old horse.
(b) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The bones of many cats.
5. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) An old gypsy.
(b) A nosy old lady.
(c) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
2. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
3. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
4. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
5. What is Jock's favorite thing?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)