|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) An operation.
(b) An injection.
(c) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
(d) Very little beyond worming them.
2. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(b) The farmer feeds him.
(c) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(d) He fends for himself eating grass.
3. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
(a) Another vet.
(b) A long turn out in the pasture.
(c) A shot.
(d) A salve.
4. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
(a) Basics for the house like chairs and rugs.
(b) Decor for the walls.
(d) Antiques to give as gifts.
5. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
(a) Harry Sumner had no way to hold the bull still.
(b) The bull had grown and turned mean.
(c) Herriot hated drawing blood.
(d) The light was dim in the box. Herriot wasn't sure he could find a vein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
2. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
3. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
4. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
5. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)