|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
(b) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(c) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
(d) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
2. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) A small cottage on the edge of town.
(b) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(c) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
(d) Onto Helen's family property.
3. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(b) They thought he was homeless.
(c) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(d) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
4. What do vets do for husk today?
(a) There is a vaccine and a good therapeutic agent.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Administer antibiotics.
(d) The exact same process.
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(b) Hot udder.
(c) Them masticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Harry say that Monty was ungrateful?
2. How long does it take Granville to work on Dinah?
3. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
4. What do Granville and Herriot do while waiting for Dinah to wake up?
5. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)