|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Granville Bennett?
(a) A local horse vet.
(b) A very accomplished small animal vet in a nearby town.
(c) A dangerously incompetent veterinarian nearby.
(d) An animal healer.
2. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A wad of cash.
(b) A new hoof knife.
(d) A jug of ale.
3. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(b) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(c) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
(d) All of the above.
4. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(c) Hot udder.
(d) Them masticks.
5. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
(b) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
(c) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
(d) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
2. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
3. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
4. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
5. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)