|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
(a) He was the only stallion.
(b) He was their only prized show horse.
(c) He was the last work horse.
(d) He was every worker's favorite horse.
2. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A wad of cash.
(b) A jug of ale.
(c) A new hoof knife.
3. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She goes into convulsions.
(b) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
(c) She dies.
(d) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
4. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(b) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Jock takes racing very seriously.
5. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They drink contaminated water.
(b) They catch a virus.
(c) They are chased by a dog.
(d) They go hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
2. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
3. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
4. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
5. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)