|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the eventual disappearance of the draught horse?
(a) Their replacement with mules.
(b) A mass outbreak of equine diseases.
(c) The disapearance of family farms.
(d) The invention of the tractor.
2. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
(a) The lady is appalled that the poodle likes Herriot.
(b) The poodle tries to hide behind the lady, who says he never does that.
(c) They both glare at him hostilely.
(d) They both look at him with sweet, dewey eyes.
3. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
(a) With great empathy for the family's hardship.
(b) With fondness and jocularity.
(d) Like royalty.
4. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Them masticks.
(c) Hot udder.
5. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(c) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(d) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
2. Who is Richard Edmundson?
3. What is Jock's favorite thing?
4. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
5. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)