|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) A small cottage on the edge of town.
(b) Onto Helen's family property.
(c) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(d) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
2. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Herriot advised him not to.
(b) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
(c) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
(d) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
3. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Transporting it to his car.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(d) Figuring out how to set it up.
4. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(b) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(c) Because he is very smelly.
(d) None of the above.
5. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To chase cars.
(b) To teach puppies to run.
(c) To sleep in the sunshine.
(d) To play with a pack of dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
2. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
3. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
4. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
5. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)