|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(b) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(c) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(d) The birth of a new lamb.
2. Why did Harry say that Monty was ungrateful?
(a) Monty could have been put down, but they saved him.
(b) Herriot had saved his life and the bull had turned on him.
(c) Monty refused the food offered to him.
(d) He was mean despite living an easy life.
3. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
(a) Walking in the hallways of the church.
(b) On the moor.
(c) Crossing the town square.
(d) On a hill close to an old abbey.
4. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Herriot advised him not to.
(b) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
(c) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
(d) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
5. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is not registered.
(b) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(c) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(d) The dog is uncontrollable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
4. What do Granville and Herriot do while waiting for Dinah to wake up?
5. What happened to Badger?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)