|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) The mud.
(b) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(c) The extreme cold.
(d) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
2. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(c) Figuring out how to set it up.
(d) Transporting it to his car.
3. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
(a) The bull had grown and turned mean.
(b) The light was dim in the box. Herriot wasn't sure he could find a vein.
(c) Harry Sumner had no way to hold the bull still.
(d) Herriot hated drawing blood.
4. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
(a) Make her sleep outside.
(b) Throw himself into his work.
(c) Disapear for a few days and return as if nothing had happened.
(d) Go to the stables and spend the night with the horses.
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Hot udder.
(d) Them masticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
2. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
3. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
4. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
5. Who is Richard Edmundson?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)