|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
(b) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(c) A small cottage on the edge of town.
(d) Onto Helen's family property.
2. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
3. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(b) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
4. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
(a) Operate on an old spaniel in delicate condition.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Agree to hand over a patient that needed to be hospitalized.
(d) Recommend him to a local farmer.
5. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) An injection.
(b) An operation.
(c) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
(d) Very little beyond worming them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
2. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
3. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
4. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
5. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)