|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They are chased by a dog.
(b) They catch a virus.
(c) They drink contaminated water.
(d) They go hungry.
2. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(b) A stomach tumor.
(c) He is a very old dog.
(d) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
3. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) Onto Helen's family property.
(b) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(c) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
(d) A small cottage on the edge of town.
4. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(b) They thought he was homeless.
(c) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(d) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
5. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
(a) "The most dangerous and thrilling work for a vet."
(b) "The bleakest and least studied part of our field."
(c) "The simplest and most pleasant work we are handed."
(d) "The roughest and most arduous part of our life."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
2. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
3. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
4. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
5. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)