|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To sleep in the sunshine.
(b) To play with a pack of dogs.
(c) To teach puppies to run.
(d) To chase cars.
2. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
(a) "The roughest and most arduous part of our life."
(b) "The most dangerous and thrilling work for a vet."
(c) "The bleakest and least studied part of our field."
(d) "The simplest and most pleasant work we are handed."
3. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
4. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
(b) All of the above.
(c) An old gypsy.
(d) A nosy old lady.
5. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
(a) The light was dim in the box. Herriot wasn't sure he could find a vein.
(b) The bull had grown and turned mean.
(c) Harry Sumner had no way to hold the bull still.
(d) Herriot hated drawing blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
2. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
3. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
4. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
5. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)