|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
(a) Throw himself into his work.
(b) Disapear for a few days and return as if nothing had happened.
(c) Go to the stables and spend the night with the horses.
(d) Make her sleep outside.
2. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
(a) Like royalty.
(b) With fondness and jocularity.
(d) With great empathy for the family's hardship.
3. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
(b) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
(c) "Stick to livestock."
(d) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
4. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(b) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(c) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(d) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
5. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(b) An old horse.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The bones of many cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
2. What happened to Badger?
3. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
4. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
5. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)