|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(b) The dog is uncontrollable.
(c) The dog is not registered.
(d) The dog is of the wrong breed.
2. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(b) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
(c) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(d) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
3. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(b) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(c) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(d) None of the above.
4. What caused the eventual disappearance of the draught horse?
(a) A mass outbreak of equine diseases.
(b) Their replacement with mules.
(c) The disapearance of family farms.
(d) The invention of the tractor.
5. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
(a) She tells him not to pester people by offering it.
(b) She is offended and leaves.
(c) She warns Herriot that it is terrible.
(d) She encourages Herriot to try some of everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herriot get ill while waiting for Dinah with Granville?
2. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
3. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
4. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
5. What is Jock's favorite thing?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)