|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
(a) Answer general questions about animal husbandry.
(b) To keep a safe distance from any unruly animal.
(c) To influence farmers to treat their animals better.
(d) To step open-eyed into dangerous situations.
2. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
(a) Disapear for a few days and return as if nothing had happened.
(b) Throw himself into his work.
(c) Make her sleep outside.
(d) Go to the stables and spend the night with the horses.
3. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(b) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
(c) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
(d) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
4. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
(a) An unknown car parked in his spot in the garage.
(b) Tristan dressed as a monk in his room.
(c) Tristan and Siegfried waiting up for him.
(d) Another sighting of the ghost that night.
5. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
(a) "The bleakest and least studied part of our field."
(b) "The most dangerous and thrilling work for a vet."
(c) "The simplest and most pleasant work we are handed."
(d) "The roughest and most arduous part of our life."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
2. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
3. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
4. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)