|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
(a) Small worms that get into the bronchial tubes.
(b) A virus spread through bad water.
(c) A deficiency caused by malnutrution.
(d) General symptoms of neglect.
2. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
(b) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
(c) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
(d) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
3. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(b) They have no idea.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) She ate a poisonous plant.
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(b) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
5. How long does it take Granville to work on Dinah?
(a) A couple hours.
(b) Almost all day.
(c) Almost an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
2. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
3. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
4. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
5. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)