|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(b) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
(c) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(d) All of the above.
2. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
(a) Larger than life.
(b) Work hard play hard.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A local legend.
3. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(b) He fends for himself eating grass.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
4. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
(b) She goes into convulsions.
(c) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
(d) She dies.
5. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
(a) To step open-eyed into dangerous situations.
(b) Answer general questions about animal husbandry.
(c) To keep a safe distance from any unruly animal.
(d) To influence farmers to treat their animals better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
2. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
3. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
4. What caused the eventual disappearance of the draught horse?
5. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)