|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do vets do for husk today?
(a) There is a vaccine and a good therapeutic agent.
(b) The exact same process.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Administer antibiotics.
2. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) Another suitor to Helen.
(b) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
(c) A wealthy young man.
(d) All the above.
3. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
(a) To step open-eyed into dangerous situations.
(b) Answer general questions about animal husbandry.
(c) To keep a safe distance from any unruly animal.
(d) To influence farmers to treat their animals better.
4. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
5. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
(b) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
(c) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(d) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
2. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
3. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
4. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
5. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)