|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is not registered.
(b) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(c) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(d) The dog is uncontrollable.
2. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To chase cars.
(b) To teach puppies to run.
(c) To play with a pack of dogs.
(d) To sleep in the sunshine.
3. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
(b) Horace Dawson.
(d) Deputy Claude Blenkiron.
4. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
(a) Crossing the town square.
(b) On a hill close to an old abbey.
(c) On the moor.
(d) Walking in the hallways of the church.
5. Why does Herriot get ill while waiting for Dinah with Granville?
(a) He came down with a flu going around.
(b) Granville gave him some tonic that made him ill.
(c) The farm they went to smelled horribly.
(d) He felt obliged to eat and drink what Granville served him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
2. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
3. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
5. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)