|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
(a) The cow's dull coat.
(b) The odor in the barn.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill's back.
2. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(a) A veterinary student.
3. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
(a) Small worms that get into the bronchial tubes.
(b) A virus spread through bad water.
(c) A deficiency caused by malnutrution.
(d) General symptoms of neglect.
4. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
(a) He knows almost immediately that it is going to be just as bad.
(b) He still does not know what was wrong with them.
(c) It takes him a long time because he has to do several tests.
(d) He has no idea what is wrong the first two times he sees them.
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(b) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
2. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
3. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
5. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)