|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A pig and a horse.
(b) A dog and a pony.
(c) A cow and a dog.
(d) A cow and a pig.
2. Which of the following best describes Zoe, Granville's wife?
(a) A radiant and independent beauty.
(b) A bitter and sarcastic older woman.
(c) A warm and welcoming home matron.
(d) A quiet and subdued domestic wife.
3. What do vets do for husk today?
(a) The exact same process.
(b) Administer antibiotics.
(c) There is a vaccine and a good therapeutic agent.
(d) None of the above.
4. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Figuring out how to set it up.
(d) Transporting it to his car.
5. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
(a) Larger than life.
(b) Work hard play hard.
(c) A local legend.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
2. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
3. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
4. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
5. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)