|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Transporting it to his car.
(b) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Figuring out how to set it up.
2. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) He fends for himself eating grass.
(b) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(c) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(d) The farmer feeds him.
3. What interferes with the enjoyment of Herriot's purchase at home?
(a) None of the above.
(b) There is no room to use it.
(c) The color is awful.
(d) The smell.
4. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
(b) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(c) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(d) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
5. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(b) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(c) Joe is nearly deaf.
(d) Joe always argues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
3. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
4. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
5. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)