|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) The mud.
(b) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(c) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(d) The extreme cold.
2. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
(b) She goes into convulsions.
(c) She dies.
(d) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
3. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(a) A rare virus.
(b) He still does not know.
(c) Copper deficiency.
4. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(b) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
5. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(a) Fake money.
(b) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(c) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
3. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
5. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)