|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
2. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
(a) He has no idea what is wrong the first two times he sees them.
(b) He still does not know what was wrong with them.
(c) He knows almost immediately that it is going to be just as bad.
(d) It takes him a long time because he has to do several tests.
3. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
(a) The poodle tries to hide behind the lady, who says he never does that.
(b) The lady is appalled that the poodle likes Herriot.
(c) They both glare at him hostilely.
(d) They both look at him with sweet, dewey eyes.
4. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(b) Not being punctual.
(c) Being careless and flippant.
(d) Drinking on the job.
5. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
(a) On the moor.
(b) Crossing the town square.
(c) On a hill close to an old abbey.
(d) Walking in the hallways of the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
2. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
3. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
4. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
5. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)