|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Transporting it to his car.
(b) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Figuring out how to set it up.
2. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(b) A wad of cash.
(c) A new hoof knife.
(d) A jug of ale.
3. How long does it take Granville to work on Dinah?
(a) A couple hours.
(b) Almost an hour.
(d) Almost all day.
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(b) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(c) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(d) Siegfried is out of town that day.
5. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(b) Drinking on the job.
(c) Being careless and flippant.
(d) Not being punctual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
2. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
3. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
4. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
5. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)