|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
(a) Robust and energetic.
(b) Lethargic and feverish.
(c) Coughing uncontrallably.
(d) Clearly very sick and thin,
2. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(c) A veterinary student.
3. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To sleep in the sunshine.
(b) To play with a pack of dogs.
(c) To teach puppies to run.
(d) To chase cars.
4. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
(b) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(c) He completes the examination without a problem.
(d) Not at all.
5. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
(a) He knows almost immediately that it is going to be just as bad.
(b) He still does not know what was wrong with them.
(c) He has no idea what is wrong the first two times he sees them.
(d) It takes him a long time because he has to do several tests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
2. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
3. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
4. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
5. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)