|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
(b) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
(c) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(d) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
2. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) An old gypsy.
(b) A nosy old lady.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
3. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(b) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(c) Fake money.
(d) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
4. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(c) Figuring out how to set it up.
(d) Transporting it to his car.
5. Who is Granville Bennett?
(a) An animal healer.
(b) A local horse vet.
(c) A dangerously incompetent veterinarian nearby.
(d) A very accomplished small animal vet in a nearby town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
2. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
3. What is Jock's favorite thing?
4. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
5. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)