|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(b) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(c) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(d) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
2. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is uncontrollable.
(b) The dog is not registered.
(c) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(d) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
3. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(b) Joe always argues.
(c) Joe is nearly deaf.
(d) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(b) He is a very old dog.
(c) A stomach tumor.
(d) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
5. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Transporting it to his car.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Figuring out how to set it up.
(d) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
2. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
3. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
4. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
5. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)