|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) They have no idea.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) She ate a poisonous plant.
(d) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
2. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
(a) Larger than life.
(b) Work hard play hard.
(c) A local legend.
(d) All of the above.
3. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
(b) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
(c) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
(d) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
4. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe is nearly deaf.
(b) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(c) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(d) Joe always argues.
5. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
(b) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(c) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
(d) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
2. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
3. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
4. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
5. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)