|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(b) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(c) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
(d) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
2. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(b) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(c) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(d) The birth of a new lamb.
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(b) A stomach tumor.
(c) He is a very old dog.
(d) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
4. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(b) Fake money.
(c) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(d) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
5. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(b) The extreme cold.
(c) The mud.
(d) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
2. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
3. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
4. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
5. Who is Richard Edmundson?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)