|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They catch a virus.
(b) They drink contaminated water.
(c) They go hungry.
(d) They are chased by a dog.
2. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
(b) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(c) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(d) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
3. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(b) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
4. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) She died giving birth.
(b) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
(c) She rejected him at birth.
(d) None of the above.
5. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Set a broken bone free of charge.
(b) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(c) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(d) Nurse Roy back to health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
2. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
3. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
4. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
5. Who is Richard Edmundson?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)