|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(b) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(c) He fends for himself eating grass.
(d) The farmer feeds him.
2. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To play with a pack of dogs.
(b) To teach puppies to run.
(c) To chase cars.
(d) To sleep in the sunshine.
3. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) She died giving birth.
(b) None of the above.
(c) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
(d) She rejected him at birth.
4. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(b) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(c) They thought he was homeless.
(d) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
5. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
(a) Awarding prizes to his clients.
(b) Being biased against rabbits.
(c) Taking bribes.
(d) Giving first place to the squire's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
2. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
3. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
4. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
5. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)