|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Figuring out how to set it up.
(d) Transporting it to his car.
2. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
(a) Agree to hand over a patient that needed to be hospitalized.
(b) Operate on an old spaniel in delicate condition.
(c) Recommend him to a local farmer.
(d) None of the above.
3. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He stops chasing cars.
(b) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(c) The puppies are sold.
(d) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
4. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(b) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(c) Joe always argues.
(d) Joe is nearly deaf.
5. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(b) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(c) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
(d) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
2. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
3. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
4. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
5. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)