|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
(c) Horace Dawson.
(d) Deputy Claude Blenkiron.
2. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(b) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(c) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(d) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
3. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(b) Nurse Roy back to health.
(c) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(d) Set a broken bone free of charge.
4. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
(b) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(c) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(d) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
5. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(b) The bones of many cats.
(c) All of the above.
(d) An old horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
2. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
3. Why does Herriot get ill while waiting for Dinah with Granville?
4. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
5. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)