|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) An old gypsy.
(b) A nosy old lady.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
2. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(b) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(c) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(d) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
3. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(a) Fake money.
(b) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(d) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
4. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(b) He fends for himself eating grass.
(c) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(d) The farmer feeds him.
5. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(b) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(c) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
(d) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
2. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
3. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
4. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
5. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)