|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(b) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(c) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(d) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
2. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
3. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is uncontrollable.
(b) The dog is not registered.
(c) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(d) The dog is of the wrong breed.
4. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
(a) She warns Herriot that it is terrible.
(b) She tells him not to pester people by offering it.
(c) She encourages Herriot to try some of everything.
(d) She is offended and leaves.
5. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(b) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(c) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(d) The birth of a new lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
2. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
3. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
4. Who is Richard Edmundson?
5. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)