|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) The extreme cold.
(b) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(c) The mud.
(d) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
2. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
(a) Dogs, cats, rabbits, and a fish.
(b) A broad selection of dogs, mostly herding dogs.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) A wide array from Mynah birds to bulldogs to goldfish.
3. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) A nosy old lady.
(b) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
(c) All of the above.
(d) An old gypsy.
4. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(c) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(d) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
5. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) They have no idea.
(b) She ate a poisonous plant.
(c) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(d) A broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
2. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
3. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
4. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
5. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)