|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(b) He completes the examination without a problem.
(c) Not at all.
(d) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
2. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
(b) "Stick to livestock."
(c) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
(d) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
3. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is not registered.
(b) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(c) The dog is uncontrollable.
(d) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
4. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
(b) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(c) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(d) He falls asleep in his car.
5. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
(a) Giving first place to the squire's son.
(b) Being biased against rabbits.
(c) Taking bribes.
(d) Awarding prizes to his clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
2. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
3. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
4. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)