|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
(a) They both look at him with sweet, dewey eyes.
(b) The lady is appalled that the poodle likes Herriot.
(c) They both glare at him hostilely.
(d) The poodle tries to hide behind the lady, who says he never does that.
2. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
(a) Taking bribes.
(b) Being biased against rabbits.
(c) Awarding prizes to his clients.
(d) Giving first place to the squire's son.
3. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(b) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) He fends for himself eating grass.
4. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is uncontrollable.
(b) The dog is not registered.
(c) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(d) The dog is of the wrong breed.
5. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
(a) She encourages Herriot to try some of everything.
(b) She is offended and leaves.
(c) She warns Herriot that it is terrible.
(d) She tells him not to pester people by offering it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
2. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
3. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
4. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
5. What is Jock's favorite thing?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)