|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) All of the above.
(b) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
(c) An old gypsy.
(d) A nosy old lady.
2. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
(b) She goes into convulsions.
(c) She dies.
(d) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
3. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(b) They have no idea.
(c) She ate a poisonous plant.
(d) A broken leg.
4. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) All the above.
(b) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
(c) Another suitor to Helen.
(d) A wealthy young man.
5. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(b) Joe is nearly deaf.
(c) Joe always argues.
(d) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
3. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
4. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
5. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)