|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The birth of a new lamb.
(b) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(c) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(d) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
2. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Drinking on the job.
(b) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(c) Not being punctual.
(d) Being careless and flippant.
3. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(b) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(c) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(d) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
4. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
(b) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(c) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
(d) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
5. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(b) Not at all.
(c) He completes the examination without a problem.
(d) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
2. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
3. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
4. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
5. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)