|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(c) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(d) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
2. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) The bones of many cats.
(b) An old horse.
(c) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(d) All of the above.
3. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
(a) He was following up on an animal Siegfried had treated.
(b) Helen invited him to Sunday tea.
(c) His car broke down nearby.
(d) A sick cow.
4. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
(b) All of the above.
(c) A nosy old lady.
(d) An old gypsy.
5. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(b) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(c) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(d) The birth of a new lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
2. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
3. Who is Richard Edmundson?
4. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
5. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)