|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
(a) She is offended and leaves.
(b) She tells him not to pester people by offering it.
(c) She warns Herriot that it is terrible.
(d) She encourages Herriot to try some of everything.
2. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(b) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(c) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
(d) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
3. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(b) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(c) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(d) All of the above.
4. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To sleep in the sunshine.
(b) To play with a pack of dogs.
(c) To chase cars.
(d) To teach puppies to run.
5. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
(b) She dies.
(c) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
(d) She goes into convulsions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
3. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
4. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
5. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)