|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(b) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(c) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
(d) All of the above.
2. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) They have no idea.
(b) She ate a poisonous plant.
(c) A broken leg.
(d) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
3. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) He falls asleep in his car.
(b) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
(c) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(d) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
4. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) A wealthy young man.
(b) Another suitor to Helen.
(c) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
(d) All the above.
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
(a) A shot.
(b) A salve.
(c) A long turn out in the pasture.
(d) Another vet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
2. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
3. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
4. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)