|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(a) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
(c) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(d) Fake money.
2. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The bones of many cats.
(c) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(d) An old horse.
3. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) The puppies are sold.
(b) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(c) He stops chasing cars.
(d) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
4. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
(b) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
(c) "Stick to livestock."
(d) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(b) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
2. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
3. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
4. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
5. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)