|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(b) The extreme cold.
(c) The mud.
(d) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
2. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) The mynah bird.
(b) The labrador.
(c) The goldfish.
(d) A tabby cat.
3. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Because he is very smelly.
(c) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(d) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
4. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
(b) "Stick to livestock."
(c) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
(d) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(b) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
2. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
3. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
4. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
5. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)