|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To chase cars.
(b) To play with a pack of dogs.
(c) To sleep in the sunshine.
(d) To teach puppies to run.
2. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(c) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(d) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They go hungry.
(b) They are chased by a dog.
(c) They drink contaminated water.
(d) They catch a virus.
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) A stomach tumor.
(b) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(c) He is a very old dog.
(d) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
5. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(b) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
(c) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
(d) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
2. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
3. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
4. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
5. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)