|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To chase cars.
(b) To sleep in the sunshine.
(c) To play with a pack of dogs.
(d) To teach puppies to run.
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
(b) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(c) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(d) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
3. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(b) The bones of many cats.
(c) An old horse.
(d) All of the above.
4. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(b) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(c) Set a broken bone free of charge.
(d) Nurse Roy back to health.
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(d) Jock takes racing very seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
2. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
3. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
4. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)