|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They go hungry.
(b) They catch a virus.
(c) They drink contaminated water.
(d) They are chased by a dog.
2. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(a) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
(b) Fake money.
(c) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
3. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
(b) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
(c) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
(d) "Stick to livestock."
4. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(b) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
(c) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
(d) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
5. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) Another suitor to Helen.
(b) All the above.
(c) A wealthy young man.
(d) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
2. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
3. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
4. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
5. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)