|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
(b) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
(c) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(d) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
2. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(c) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
(d) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) A stomach tumor.
(b) He is a very old dog.
(c) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(d) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
4. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(b) He fends for himself eating grass.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
5. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A wad of cash.
(b) A new hoof knife.
(d) A jug of ale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
2. What is Jock's favorite thing?
3. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
4. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
5. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)