|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A dog and a pony.
(b) A pig and a horse.
(c) A cow and a dog.
(d) A cow and a pig.
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(d) Because he is very smelly.
3. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A wad of cash.
(c) A jug of ale.
(d) A new hoof knife.
4. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(b) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(c) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(d) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
5. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(c) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(d) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
2. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
3. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
4. Who is Richard Edmundson?
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)