|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(b) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(c) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(d) None of the above.
2. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(b) Nurse Roy back to health.
(c) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(d) Set a broken bone free of charge.
3. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(d) Jock takes racing very seriously.
4. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(b) He falls asleep in his car.
(c) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(d) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
5. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(b) Joe is nearly deaf.
(c) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(d) Joe always argues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
2. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
3. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
4. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
5. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)