|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(b) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(c) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(d) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
2. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(c) A veterinary student.
3. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(b) The extreme cold.
(c) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(d) The mud.
4. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(b) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(c) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
(d) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
5. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(b) The dog is not registered.
(c) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(d) The dog is uncontrollable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
3. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
4. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
5. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)