|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They thought he was homeless.
(b) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(c) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(d) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
2. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) The goldfish.
(b) The labrador.
(c) The mynah bird.
(d) A tabby cat.
3. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Stick to livestock."
(b) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
(c) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
(d) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
4. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) A wealthy young man.
(b) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
(c) Another suitor to Helen.
(d) All the above.
5. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The birth of a new lamb.
(b) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(c) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(d) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
2. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
3. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
4. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
5. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)