|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(b) The mud.
(c) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(d) The extreme cold.
2. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Not being punctual.
(b) Being careless and flippant.
(c) Drinking on the job.
(d) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They drink contaminated water.
(b) They catch a virus.
(c) They are chased by a dog.
(d) They go hungry.
4. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) All the above.
(b) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
(c) Another suitor to Helen.
(d) A wealthy young man.
5. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
(b) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(c) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(d) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
2. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
3. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
4. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
5. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)