|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(a) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
(c) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(d) Fake money.
2. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
(a) A wide array from Mynah birds to bulldogs to goldfish.
(b) Dogs and cats.
(c) Dogs, cats, rabbits, and a fish.
(d) A broad selection of dogs, mostly herding dogs.
3. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A wad of cash.
(c) A jug of ale.
(d) A new hoof knife.
4. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(b) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(c) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(d) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(c) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(d) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
2. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
3. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
4. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
5. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)