|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) A stomach tumor.
(b) He is a very old dog.
(c) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(d) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
(a) Another vet.
(b) A salve.
(c) A long turn out in the pasture.
(d) A shot.
3. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
(b) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
(c) "Stick to livestock."
(d) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(b) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(c) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(d) Siegfried is out of town that day.
5. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
(b) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(c) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(d) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
2. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
3. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
4. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
5. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)