|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A jug of ale.
(b) A new hoof knife.
(d) A wad of cash.
2. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(b) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
3. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) She died giving birth.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She rejected him at birth.
(d) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
4. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) The bones of many cats.
(b) An old horse.
(c) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(d) All of the above.
5. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(b) A veterinary student.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
3. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
4. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)