|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) The bones of many cats.
(b) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(c) An old horse.
(d) All of the above.
2. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She rejected him at birth.
(c) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
(d) She died giving birth.
3. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(b) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(c) The dog is uncontrollable.
(d) The dog is not registered.
4. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(b) He falls asleep in his car.
(c) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(d) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
5. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
2. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
3. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
4. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
5. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)