|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(c) A veterinary student.
2. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(b) The extreme cold.
(c) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(d) The mud.
3. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(b) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(c) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(d) Someone defending him against the accusations.
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(b) He is a very old dog.
(c) A stomach tumor.
(d) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
5. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(b) The puppies are sold.
(c) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
(d) He stops chasing cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
2. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
3. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
4. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
5. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)