|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Them masticks.
(c) Hot udder.
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
(a) A long turn out in the pasture.
(b) Another vet.
(c) A shot.
(d) A salve.
3. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(b) She ate a poisonous plant.
(c) They have no idea.
(d) A broken leg.
4. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(b) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(c) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(d) The birth of a new lamb.
5. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A dog and a pony.
(b) A cow and a pig.
(c) A cow and a dog.
(d) A pig and a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
3. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
4. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
5. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)