|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Set a broken bone free of charge.
(b) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(c) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(d) Nurse Roy back to health.
2. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(b) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
3. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) He falls asleep in his car.
(b) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
(c) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(d) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
4. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(b) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
(c) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
(d) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
5. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
2. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
4. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)