|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(b) They thought he was homeless.
(c) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(d) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
2. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
(a) His car broke down nearby.
(b) A sick cow.
(c) Helen invited him to Sunday tea.
(d) He was following up on an animal Siegfried had treated.
3. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Not being punctual.
(b) Being careless and flippant.
(c) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(d) Drinking on the job.
4. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe always argues.
(b) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(c) Joe is nearly deaf.
(d) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(d) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jock's favorite thing?
2. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
3. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
5. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)