|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They thought he was homeless.
(b) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(c) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(d) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
2. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
3. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(c) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(d) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
4. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(b) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
5. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) The mud.
(b) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(c) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(d) The extreme cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
2. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
3. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
4. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)