|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(b) A new hoof knife.
(c) A wad of cash.
(d) A jug of ale.
2. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They drink contaminated water.
(b) They catch a virus.
(c) They go hungry.
(d) They are chased by a dog.
3. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(b) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(c) He falls asleep in his car.
(d) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He is a very old dog.
(b) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(c) A stomach tumor.
(d) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
5. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
(b) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(c) The puppies are sold.
(d) He stops chasing cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
2. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
3. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
4. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
5. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)