|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(b) He is a very old dog.
(c) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(d) A stomach tumor.
2. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(b) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) He fends for himself eating grass.
3. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Hot udder.
(d) Them masticks.
4. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(b) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
5. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(b) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
(c) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(d) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
3. Who is Richard Edmundson?
4. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
5. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)