|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Stick to livestock."
(b) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
(c) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
(d) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
2. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(b) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(c) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(d) They thought he was homeless.
3. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(c) She ate a poisonous plant.
(d) They have no idea.
4. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(b) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(c) Joe is nearly deaf.
(d) Joe always argues.
5. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
(a) Helen invited him to Sunday tea.
(b) He was following up on an animal Siegfried had treated.
(c) His car broke down nearby.
(d) A sick cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
2. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
3. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
4. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
5. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)