|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) The extreme cold.
(b) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(c) The mud.
(d) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
2. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(b) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(c) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(d) None of the above.
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(b) He is a very old dog.
(c) A stomach tumor.
(d) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
4. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The bones of many cats.
(c) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(d) An old horse.
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(b) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
2. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
3. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
4. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
5. Who is Richard Edmundson?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)