|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
(b) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(c) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
(d) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
2. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) The bones of many cats.
(b) An old horse.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
3. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Nurse Roy back to health.
(b) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(c) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(d) Set a broken bone free of charge.
4. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
(b) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
(c) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(d) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
5. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Drinking on the job.
(b) Being careless and flippant.
(c) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(d) Not being punctual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
2. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
3. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
4. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
5. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)