|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe is nearly deaf.
(b) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(c) Joe always argues.
(d) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
2. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(b) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(c) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(d) None of the above.
3. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(b) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(c) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(d) All of the above.
4. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She goes into convulsions.
(b) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
(c) She dies.
(d) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(c) Hot udder.
(d) Them masticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
2. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
3. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
4. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
5. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)