|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) She ate a poisonous plant.
(b) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(c) A broken leg.
(d) They have no idea.
2. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
(b) The cow's dull coat.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill's back.
(d) The odor in the barn.
3. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
(b) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(c) The puppies are sold.
(d) He stops chasing cars.
4. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To teach puppies to run.
(b) To sleep in the sunshine.
(c) To chase cars.
(d) To play with a pack of dogs.
5. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
(b) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(c) Onto Helen's family property.
(d) A small cottage on the edge of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
2. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
3. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
4. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)