|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) She ate a poisonous plant.
(b) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(c) A broken leg.
(d) They have no idea.
2. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A jug of ale.
(c) A wad of cash.
(d) A new hoof knife.
3. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(b) He completes the examination without a problem.
(c) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
(d) Not at all.
4. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Drinking on the job.
(b) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(c) Being careless and flippant.
(d) Not being punctual.
5. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He stops chasing cars.
(b) The puppies are sold.
(c) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(d) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jock's favorite thing?
2. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
3. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
4. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
5. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)