|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(b) They have no idea.
(c) She ate a poisonous plant.
(d) A broken leg.
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because he is very smelly.
(d) Because he is mean and extremely large.
3. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
4. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
(b) Onto Helen's family property.
(c) A small cottage on the edge of town.
(d) The third story of the Skeldale House.
5. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) All the above.
(b) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
(c) A wealthy young man.
(d) Another suitor to Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
2. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
3. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
4. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
5. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)