|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To play with a pack of dogs.
(b) To sleep in the sunshine.
(c) To teach puppies to run.
(d) To chase cars.
2. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) She ate a poisonous plant.
(b) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(c) A broken leg.
(d) They have no idea.
3. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
(a) The odor in the barn.
(b) The cow's dull coat.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill's back.
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He is a very old dog.
(b) A stomach tumor.
(c) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(d) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
5. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(b) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(c) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
2. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
3. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
4. Who is Richard Edmundson?
5. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)