|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He is a very old dog.
(b) A stomach tumor.
(c) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(d) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
2. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
(b) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(c) The puppies are sold.
(d) He stops chasing cars.
3. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
(a) A salve.
(b) Another vet.
(c) A long turn out in the pasture.
(d) A shot.
4. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A wad of cash.
(c) A new hoof knife.
(d) A jug of ale.
5. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To play with a pack of dogs.
(b) To chase cars.
(c) To teach puppies to run.
(d) To sleep in the sunshine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
2. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
3. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
4. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
5. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)