|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(b) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) He fends for himself eating grass.
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(d) Because he is very smelly.
3. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
4. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
(b) Another suitor to Helen.
(c) All the above.
(d) A wealthy young man.
5. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(b) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
(c) The puppies are sold.
(d) He stops chasing cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
2. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
3. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
4. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
5. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)