|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(b) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(c) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(d) They thought he was homeless.
2. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Set a broken bone free of charge.
(b) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(c) Nurse Roy back to health.
(d) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
3. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(d) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(b) He is a very old dog.
(c) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(d) A stomach tumor.
5. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) The farmer feeds him.
(b) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(c) He fends for himself eating grass.
(d) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
2. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
3. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
4. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)