|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) He falls asleep in his car.
(b) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
(c) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(d) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
2. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(b) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(c) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(d) The birth of a new lamb.
3. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
(b) All the above.
(c) A wealthy young man.
(d) Another suitor to Helen.
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(d) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
5. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
(b) She goes into convulsions.
(c) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
(d) She dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
4. What is Jock's favorite thing?
5. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)