|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(b) He is a very old dog.
(c) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(d) A stomach tumor.
2. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To teach puppies to run.
(b) To sleep in the sunshine.
(c) To chase cars.
(d) To play with a pack of dogs.
3. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
4. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(b) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(c) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(d) All of the above.
5. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(b) He falls asleep in his car.
(c) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(d) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Richard Edmundson?
2. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
3. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
4. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)