|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(c) They have no idea.
(d) She ate a poisonous plant.
2. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Drinking on the job.
(b) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(c) Being careless and flippant.
(d) Not being punctual.
3. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
(a) The cow's dull coat.
(b) The odor in the barn.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill's back.
4. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
(b) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
(c) She dies.
(d) She goes into convulsions.
5. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) Not at all.
(b) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(c) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
(d) He completes the examination without a problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
3. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
4. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
5. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)