|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
(b) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(c) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(d) They thought he was homeless.
2. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(b) Joe is nearly deaf.
(c) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(d) Joe always argues.
3. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(b) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(c) The extreme cold.
(d) The mud.
4. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) They have no idea.
(b) She ate a poisonous plant.
(c) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(d) A broken leg.
5. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Not being punctual.
(b) Being careless and flippant.
(c) Drinking on the job.
(d) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
2. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
3. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
4. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
5. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)