|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) They have no idea.
(b) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(c) A broken leg.
(d) She ate a poisonous plant.
2. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Parsely, clover, gooseberry, bettroot, and crabapple.
(c) Rhubarb, elderflower, blackberry, and parsnip,
(d) Dandelion, turnips, and cowslip.
3. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) The mud.
(b) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(c) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(d) The extreme cold.
4. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(b) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
5. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
(b) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
(c) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(d) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
2. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
3. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
4. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
5. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)