|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because he is very smelly.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(d) Because he is mean and extremely large.
2. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
(b) She rejected him at birth.
(c) None of the above.
(d) She died giving birth.
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(b) He is a very old dog.
(c) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(d) A stomach tumor.
4. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(b) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(c) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
(d) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
5. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(b) He falls asleep in his car.
(c) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(d) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
2. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
3. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
4. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
5. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)