|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
(a) She is offended and leaves.
(b) She encourages Herriot to try some of everything.
(c) She tells him not to pester people by offering it.
(d) She warns Herriot that it is terrible.
2. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
(b) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(c) Onto Helen's family property.
(d) A small cottage on the edge of town.
3. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(d) Because he is very smelly.
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
(b) A stomach tumor.
(c) He is a very old dog.
(d) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(b) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(c) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
2. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
4. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
5. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)