Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 45-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Drinking on the job.
(b) Being careless and flippant.
(c) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(d) Not being punctual.
2. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) A small cottage on the edge of town.
(b) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(c) Onto Helen's family property.
(d) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
3. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
(a) The lady is appalled that the poodle likes Herriot.
(b) They both glare at him hostilely.
(c) They both look at him with sweet, dewey eyes.
(d) The poodle tries to hide behind the lady, who says he never does that.
4. How late is Herriot by the end of the afternoon?
(a) He is three hours late.
(b) He is under a half hour late.
(c) He has time to spare.
(d) Not at all - he makes it just on time.
5. As Penny, the poodle with gastroenteritis, get worse and worse, what does Herriot suspect is keeping her from getting better?
(a) The vicious cycle of drinking and vomiting.
(b) Her owners feeding her too much.
(d) The medicines are old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Helen go with Herriot when he leaves the Daffodil Ball on his call?
2. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
3. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
4. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
5. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)