Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
(a) A shot.
(b) A salve.
(c) Another vet.
(d) A long turn out in the pasture.
2. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(b) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(c) The birth of a new lamb.
(d) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
3. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(b) Set a broken bone free of charge.
(c) Nurse Roy back to health.
(d) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
4. Why is Herriot unable to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
(a) He does not have the time.
(b) Cindy is not close enough to delivery.
(c) The puppies have not been born yet.
(d) The pregnancy is too far along.
5. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
(a) A bone stuck in his teeth.
(d) A broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Mr. Biggins reluctant to ask Herriot to look at his cow?
2. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
3. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
4. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
5. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)