Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They catch a virus.
(b) They are chased by a dog.
(c) They drink contaminated water.
(d) They go hungry.
2. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(b) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
3. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Them masticks.
(b) Hot udder.
4. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
(b) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
(c) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
(d) Herriot advised him not to.
5. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
(a) With fondness and jocularity.
(b) With great empathy for the family's hardship.
(d) Like royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Granville Bennett?
2. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
3. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
4. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
5. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)