Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) She died giving birth.
(b) She rejected him at birth.
(c) None of the above.
(d) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
2. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(b) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(c) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(d) None of the above.
3. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
4. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
(a) Walking in the hallways of the church.
(b) On a hill close to an old abbey.
(c) Crossing the town square.
(d) On the moor.
5. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) The goldfish.
(b) A tabby cat.
(c) The labrador.
(d) The mynah bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
2. What is Jock's favorite thing?
3. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
4. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
5. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)