|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To play with a pack of dogs.
(b) To teach puppies to run.
(c) To sleep in the sunshine.
(d) To chase cars.
2. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(b) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They go hungry.
(b) They are chased by a dog.
(c) They catch a virus.
(d) They drink contaminated water.
4. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A cow and a dog.
(b) A dog and a pony.
(c) A pig and a horse.
(d) A cow and a pig.
5. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She goes into convulsions.
(b) She dies.
(c) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
(d) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
2. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
3. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
5. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)