Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
(b) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(c) Onto Helen's family property.
(d) A small cottage on the edge of town.
2. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(b) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
(c) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(d) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
3. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(b) The puppies are sold.
(c) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
(d) He stops chasing cars.
4. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
(b) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
(c) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
(d) "Stick to livestock."
5. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
(a) The cow's dull coat.
(c) The odor in the barn.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill's back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
2. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
3. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
5. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)