|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Bonzo, the first dog that Herriot sees for the Dimmocks?
(a) He was suffering from neglect.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He had cancer.
2. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(b) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
(c) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(d) Fake money.
3. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(c) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(d) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
4. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(b) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(c) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(d) Someone defending him against the accusations.
5. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(b) A jug of ale.
(c) A new hoof knife.
(d) A wad of cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
2. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
3. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
4. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
5. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)