|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Frank's cows get sick?
(a) Nobody knows.
(b) The pasture was contaminated.
(c) From a new cow Frank bought at market.
(d) The byre was unsanitary.
2. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) A Corn-cobb pipe.
(b) A tin can.
(c) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
(d) A mass of shredded newspaper.
3. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(d) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
4. What saves Herriot from being squashed by Mr. Dacre's bull?
(a) Mr. Dacre intervenes by slapping the bull.
(b) A cow walks by the window.
(c) Rotten boards that give way.
(d) The bull gets bored.
5. Why did it take so long for Herriot and Granville to reach the bar?
(a) Harriot kept trying to steer Granville away.
(b) Their were tables and chairs in their way.
(c) The crowd was too large.
(d) Granville kept running into people he knew.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
2. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
3. Why does Mr. Dacre's bull pin Herriot against the boards?
4. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
5. How does Herriot feel about eating fat on meat?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)