|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot think might have caused Kitson's dying ewe to recover?
(a) The lamb for her to take care of.
(b) Relief from the pain and suffering.
(c) The care and love she received.
(d) The antibiotics.
2. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) He falls asleep in his car.
(b) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(c) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(d) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
3. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(b) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(c) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(d) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
4. What does Siegfried do to get even with Walt Bennett?
(a) Lets his dog bite him.
(b) Ridicules his horse to a group in a pub.
(c) Turns him into the authorities for animal abuse.
(d) He charges him ten pounds for a job that usually costs one or two.
5. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
(b) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
(c) That his tired were to bald to drive.
(d) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interferes with the enjoyment of Herriot's purchase at home?
2. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
3. What does Walt Bennett do that angers Siegfried?
4. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
5. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)