|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
(b) She died giving birth.
(c) She rejected him at birth.
(d) None of the above.
2. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
(b) Not at all.
(c) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(d) He completes the examination without a problem.
3. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
(a) Do everything he can to save her.
(b) Let her "take her chances" and see if she lives or dies.
(c) Call the knackerman.
(d) Butcher her that evening.
4. How long does it take Granville to work on Dinah?
(b) Almost an hour.
(c) A couple hours.
(d) Almost all day.
5. Why is Siegfried able to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
(a) He has more experience.
(b) He is more accomodating that Herriot.
(c) He happens to be there at the right time.
(d) He and Miss Dooley are good friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
2. What chance does Herriot take before euthanizing Penny?
3. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
4. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
5. Why was Mr. Biggins reluctant to ask Herriot to look at his cow?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)