|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Siegfried able to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
(a) He and Miss Dooley are good friends.
(b) He happens to be there at the right time.
(c) He has more experience.
(d) He is more accomodating that Herriot.
2. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
(a) He gets called away to see a bull.
(b) Tristan is spending all his time with a girl and he's left all alone.
(c) The girl he is with is loud and rude.
(d) He sees Helen dancing with Richard Edmundson.
3. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She died giving birth.
(c) She rejected him at birth.
(d) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
4. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
(b) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(c) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
(d) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
5. What does Herriot think about the new byre that Frank Metcalf has built?
(a) It shows Frank's inexperience.
(b) It is the future of dairy farming.
(c) It is a perfect reflection of all the local byres.
(d) It will never work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Harry say that Monty was ungrateful?
2. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
3. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
4. What does Carmondy ask Herriot for?
5. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)