|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) A large rug for the living room.
(b) A weaving loom.
(c) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
(d) An old set of outdated medical tools.
2. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
(a) Jimmy Dimmock.
(b) Nellie Dimmock.
(c) The Dimmock's neighbor, Mr. Bass.
(d) Mrs. Dimmock.
3. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(b) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
(c) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
(d) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
4. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
(a) Because Gyp injured himself in a way that prevents him from being bred.
(b) Because he doesn't have Gyp's registration papers.
(c) Because all his dogs are related to Gyp.
(d) Because Gyp has epilepsy.
5. What happened to Richard Carmondy on a call with Herriot?
(a) He openly contradicted Herriot infront of a farmer.
(b) He quit and decided to go home.
(c) The farmer laughed at him.
(d) He lost his dignity when a dog bit him on his buttocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
2. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
3. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
4. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
5. Who is Richard Edmundson?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)