|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Richard Carmondy on a call with Herriot?
(a) He quit and decided to go home.
(b) The farmer laughed at him.
(c) He openly contradicted Herriot infront of a farmer.
(d) He lost his dignity when a dog bit him on his buttocks.
2. After driving by the scene of the hauntings at night, what is Herriot surprised by when he returns to Skeldale house?
(a) An unknown car parked in his spot in the garage.
(b) Tristan and Siegfried waiting up for him.
(c) Another sighting of the ghost that night.
(d) Tristan dressed as a monk in his room.
3. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
(b) He falls asleep in his car.
(c) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
(d) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
4. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
(a) Jock's puppies are Jock's equal in speed.
(b) Jock no longer seems to have fun chasing cars.
(c) Jock takes racing very seriously.
(d) All of the above.
5. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They are chased by a dog.
(b) They drink contaminated water.
(c) They catch a virus.
(d) They go hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
2. How was Richard Carmondy different from the other students?
3. What happened to Badger?
4. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
5. What flavors of wine does Herriot try at Mr. Crumps house?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)