|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
(a) His car broke down nearby.
(b) A sick cow.
(c) Helen invited him to Sunday tea.
(d) He was following up on an animal Siegfried had treated.
2. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
(a) Mr. Wilkin knew Sweep was epileptic.
(b) Gyp was illegitimately bred.
(c) Mr. Wilkin believed Gyp to be the better dog.
(d) He became attached to Gyp.
3. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
(a) He ate something bad.
(c) Internal infection.
(d) Nothing, he's just a runt.
4. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To play with a pack of dogs.
(b) To teach puppies to run.
(c) To chase cars.
(d) To sleep in the sunshine.
5. How was Mr. Bentley acting strangely?
(a) He was crawling on his hands and knees.
(b) He was dressed in his pajamas to call on the vet.
(c) He was talking to Herriot through an imaginary telephone.
(d) He did not respond to Herriot until Herriot began yelling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
2. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
3. Why was the conversation with Mr. Fryer frustrating for Herriot?
4. Who is Sam?
5. Which of the following best characterizes Herriot's opinion of Carmondy at the end of their acquaintance?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)