|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
(a) To not call him again at night unless it's an emergency.
(b) He thanks her for getting him out of the Ball.
(c) That Helen is his "young lady".
(d) None of the above.
2. Which of the following best characterizes Herriot's opinion of Carmondy at the end of their acquaintance?
(a) He was tired of his attitude.
(b) He thought he was intolerable.
(c) He liked him.
(d) He thought he was comical.
3. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) A tabby cat.
(b) The mynah bird.
(c) The goldfish.
(d) The labrador.
4. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
(a) A bone stuck in his teeth.
(b) A broken leg.
5. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
(a) Call the knackerman.
(b) Butcher her that evening.
(c) Let her "take her chances" and see if she lives or dies.
(d) Do everything he can to save her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
2. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
3. What does Granville Bennett do for Herriot?
4. Why does Helen go with Herriot when he leaves the Daffodil Ball on his call?
5. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)