|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
(a) Because all his dogs are related to Gyp.
(b) Because Gyp injured himself in a way that prevents him from being bred.
(c) Because he doesn't have Gyp's registration papers.
(d) Because Gyp has epilepsy.
2. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
(a) She never fully recovers.
(b) She recovers quickly.
(c) She is hospitalized for over a week.
(d) She dies three days later.
3. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The birth of a new lamb.
(b) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(c) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(d) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
4. What do the Kirby's do that Mr. Brown does not?
(a) They offer Herriot something to eat and drink.
(b) They wish Herriot a Merry Christmas.
(c) All of the above.
(d) They apologize for getting him up early.
5. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(b) He fends for himself eating grass.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
2. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
3. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
4. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
5. What has Gyp never done in his life?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)