|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) They have no idea.
(c) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(d) She ate a poisonous plant.
2. What do vets do for husk today?
(a) Administer antibiotics.
(b) The exact same process.
(c) None of the above.
(d) There is a vaccine and a good therapeutic agent.
3. What has Gyp never done in his life?
(a) Work sheep.
(b) Chase cars.
4. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A cow and a pig.
(b) A cow and a dog.
(c) A pig and a horse.
(d) A dog and a pony.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Walt Barnett?
(a) Quiet and unassuming.
(b) Pompous and demeaning.
(c) Professional and courteous.
(d) Rude and demanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
2. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
3. Why does Herriot get ill while waiting for Dinah with Granville?
4. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
5. What does Carmondy ask Herriot for?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)