|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
(a) He refused to buy a house and lived off the land.
(b) He dressed unusually.
(c) He prefered cats to dogs,
(d) Although his background was farming he was an artist.
2. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Them masticks.
(c) Hot udder.
3. Who did Herriot bring the animal to?
(a) Granville Bennett.
(b) Colonel Bosworth.
4. What characteristic caused Colonel Bosworth to treat his animals so well?
(a) His fear of beasts.
(b) He depended on them for his living.
(c) His gentle nature.
(d) They were his wife's.
5. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(b) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
(c) Fake money.
(d) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
2. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
3. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
4. How does Carmondy get dragged?
5. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)