|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
(a) Although his background was farming he was an artist.
(b) He dressed unusually.
(c) He refused to buy a house and lived off the land.
(d) He prefered cats to dogs,
2. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(b) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
(c) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(d) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
3. What chance does Herriot take before euthanizing Penny?
(a) Taking her to the clinic to heal.
(b) Sedating her heavily for several days to break the cycle.
(c) Threatening to call the authorities.
(d) Doubling the dosage of the medicine.
4. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
(a) A retired veterinarian.
(b) Mr. Thwaite's cousin from the city.
(c) An experienced old farmer.
(d) A local animal healer.
5. How was Richard Carmondy different from the other students?
(a) He had an air of superiority.
(b) He did not seem at all interested in veterinary science,
(c) He was not afraid to do the jobs that even Herriot cringed from doing.
(d) He was lazy and unappreciative of the favor Herriot was doing for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
2. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
3. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
4. How does Carmondy get dragged?
5. What does Miss Dooley, the owner of Cindy, the little pregnant dog, want from Herriot?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)