|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do people report seeing the monk at night?
(a) On the moor.
(b) Walking in the hallways of the church.
(c) Crossing the town square.
(d) On a hill close to an old abbey.
2. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(b) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(c) They thought he was homeless.
(d) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
3. What do Granville and Herriot do while waiting for Dinah to wake up?
(a) Make a call to treat a cow.
(b) Eat and drink.
(c) Discuss animal care.
(d) Place bets on race horses.
4. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(b) They have no idea.
(c) She ate a poisonous plant.
(d) A broken leg.
5. As Penny, the poodle with gastroenteritis, get worse and worse, what does Herriot suspect is keeping her from getting better?
(b) The vicious cycle of drinking and vomiting.
(c) The medicines are old.
(d) Her owners feeding her too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Horners feed Herriot for breakfast one morning when they call him out early?
2. What has Gyp never done in his life?
3. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
4. What does Herriot do to remedy the situation about Peter, Mrs. Tompkin's budgie?
5. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)