|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Siegfried able to comply with Miss Dooley's request?
(a) He is more accomodating that Herriot.
(b) He and Miss Dooley are good friends.
(c) He has more experience.
(d) He happens to be there at the right time.
2. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
(a) He has no idea what is wrong the first two times he sees them.
(b) It takes him a long time because he has to do several tests.
(c) He still does not know what was wrong with them.
(d) He knows almost immediately that it is going to be just as bad.
3. Which of the following best characterizes Herriot's opinion of Carmondy at the end of their acquaintance?
(a) He liked him.
(b) He was tired of his attitude.
(c) He thought he was comical.
(d) He thought he was intolerable.
4. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
(a) Horace Dawson.
(b) Deputy Claude Blenkiron.
5. How do Frank's cows get sick?
(a) The byre was unsanitary.
(b) Nobody knows.
(c) From a new cow Frank bought at market.
(d) The pasture was contaminated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
2. Why was Mr. Biggins reluctant to ask Herriot to look at his cow?
3. Who is Sam?
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
5. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)