|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
(a) Let her "take her chances" and see if she lives or dies.
(b) Do everything he can to save her.
(c) Call the knackerman.
(d) Butcher her that evening.
2. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
(b) A nosy old lady.
(c) An old gypsy.
(d) All of the above.
3. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
(a) Because he doesn't have Gyp's registration papers.
(b) Because Gyp has epilepsy.
(c) Because Gyp injured himself in a way that prevents him from being bred.
(d) Because all his dogs are related to Gyp.
4. In chapter 39, what trait of Helen's does Herriot discuss?
(a) Her hard work and perserverance.
(b) Her wonderful cooking.
(c) Her strict control of his diet.
(d) Her obsession with cooking with fat.
5. What does Carmondy ask Herriot for?
(b) Hands on experience.
(c) A referral.
(d) To stop quizzing him about diseases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
2. In the beginning of chapter 15, why is Siegfried especially touchy and cantankerous?
3. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
4. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
5. Who is Herriot with when they see the monk at night?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)