|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
(b) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
(c) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
(d) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
2. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
(a) Mrs. Dimmock.
(b) Jimmy Dimmock.
(c) Nellie Dimmock.
(d) The Dimmock's neighbor, Mr. Bass.
3. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(b) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(c) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
(d) Nobody wants his help or advice.
4. How long does it take Granville to work on Dinah?
(a) Almost an hour.
(b) A couple hours.
(c) Almost all day.
5. How does Herriot consume the meal served to him by the Horners?
(a) He feeds much of it to the dog when the Horsners aren't looking.
(b) He gobbles it down voraciously.
(c) Slowly and appreciately.
(d) He smothers it in piccalilli so can't taste it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
2. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
3. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
4. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
5. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)