|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
(b) A mass of shredded newspaper.
(c) A tin can.
(d) A Corn-cobb pipe.
2. What caused the eventual disappearance of the draught horse?
(a) A mass outbreak of equine diseases.
(b) The disapearance of family farms.
(c) Their replacement with mules.
(d) The invention of the tractor.
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
(a) They drink contaminated water.
(b) They catch a virus.
(c) They go hungry.
(d) They are chased by a dog.
4. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
5. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
(a) Mrs. Dimmock.
(b) The Dimmock's neighbor, Mr. Bass.
(c) Nellie Dimmock.
(d) Jimmy Dimmock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Herriot feel about eating fat on meat?
2. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
3. Where was Percy's tumor?
4. Which of the following best characterizes Walt Barnett?
5. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)