|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Transporting it to his car.
(d) Figuring out how to set it up.
2. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
(b) An old set of outdated medical tools.
(c) A large rug for the living room.
(d) A weaving loom.
3. Who is Sam?
(a) Helen's brother.
(b) Helen and Herriot's beagle.
(c) A large great dane that lives in the neighborhood.
(d) The Fleming's bull.
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(b) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(c) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(d) None of the above.
5. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(a) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
(c) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(d) Fake money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
2. What has Gyp never done in his life?
3. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
4. Where was Percy's tumor?
5. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)