|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job do Herriot and Siegfried do for Walt Bennett?
(a) Remove a tumor from a horse's eye.
(b) Saving a colicing horse.
(c) Treat an abscess in an old workhorse.
(d) Geld a colt.
2. Why was the conversation with Mr. Fryer frustrating for Herriot?
(a) Mr. Fryer was constantly busy so Herriot couldn't get him to commit to a time.
(b) Mr. Fryer's voice was high pitched and sometimes hard to understand.
(c) Mr. Fryer was consistently vague with his answers.
(d) Mr. Fryer would not stop cursing while explaining what was wrong.
3. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
(a) He has an epileptic fit.
(b) He barks.
(c) He runs to help him work sheep in the dog trial.
(d) He runs madly in circles.
4. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
(a) Antiques to give as gifts.
(b) Basics for the house like chairs and rugs.
(d) Decor for the walls.
5. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
(b) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
(c) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
(d) That his tired were to bald to drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
2. How was Richard Carmondy different from the other students?
3. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
4. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
5. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)