|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Frank's cows get sick?
(a) From a new cow Frank bought at market.
(b) The pasture was contaminated.
(c) The byre was unsanitary.
(d) Nobody knows.
2. What interferes with the enjoyment of Herriot's purchase at home?
(a) The smell.
(b) There is no room to use it.
(c) The color is awful.
(d) None of the above.
3. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Set a broken bone free of charge.
(b) Nurse Roy back to health.
(c) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(d) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
4. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(b) He fends for himself eating grass.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(c) Them masticks.
(d) Hot udder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
2. Which of the following could be used to describe Granville Bennett?
3. What does Herriot think about the new byre that Frank Metcalf has built?
4. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
5. What did Herriot like most about having students shadow him?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)