|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Hot udder.
(d) Them masticks.
2. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Set a broken bone free of charge.
(b) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(c) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(d) Nurse Roy back to health.
3. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(b) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(c) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(d) None of the above.
4. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
(a) Small worms that get into the bronchial tubes.
(b) General symptoms of neglect.
(c) A deficiency caused by malnutrution.
(d) A virus spread through bad water.
5. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
(b) The odor in the barn.
(c) The cow's dull coat.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill's back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jock's favorite thing?
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
3. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
5. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)