|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Them masticks.
(d) Hot udder.
2. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) A large rug for the living room.
(b) A weaving loom.
(c) An old set of outdated medical tools.
(d) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
3. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(b) The birth of a new lamb.
(c) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(d) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
4. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(b) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(c) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(d) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
5. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(b) They have no idea.
(c) She ate a poisonous plant.
(d) A broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
2. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
3. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
4. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
5. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)