|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(b) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(c) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(d) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
2. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(b) He fends for himself eating grass.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
3. What interferes with the enjoyment of Herriot's purchase at home?
(a) The color is awful.
(b) None of the above.
(c) There is no room to use it.
(d) The smell.
4. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
(b) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(c) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(d) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(b) Them masticks.
(c) Hot udder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
2. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
3. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
4. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
5. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)