|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(a) A veterinary student.
2. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A new hoof knife.
(b) A wad of cash.
(c) A jug of ale.
3. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is uncontrollable.
(b) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(c) The dog is not registered.
(d) The dog is of the wrong breed.
4. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(b) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(c) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
(d) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
5. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
(a) He knows almost immediately that it is going to be just as bad.
(b) He has no idea what is wrong the first two times he sees them.
(c) He still does not know what was wrong with them.
(d) It takes him a long time because he has to do several tests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
2. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
3. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
4. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
5. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)