|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(b) The mud.
(c) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(d) The extreme cold.
2. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(b) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
(c) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
(d) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
3. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
(a) Small worms that get into the bronchial tubes.
(b) A deficiency caused by malnutrution.
(c) General symptoms of neglect.
(d) A virus spread through bad water.
4. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) An operation.
(b) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
(c) Very little beyond worming them.
(d) An injection.
5. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
(a) Like royalty.
(b) With fondness and jocularity.
(c) With great empathy for the family's hardship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
2. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
3. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
4. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
5. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)