|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
(a) A virus spread through bad water.
(b) General symptoms of neglect.
(c) A deficiency caused by malnutrution.
(d) Small worms that get into the bronchial tubes.
2. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
(a) There were ruthlessly against drinking and alcohol.
(b) They often hosted people leaving the Crumps.
(c) They thought he was homeless.
(d) They lost a cow because he didn't make it there in time.
3. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) The puppies are sold.
(b) He stops chasing cars.
(c) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(d) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
4. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) An old gypsy.
(b) A nosy old lady.
(c) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
(d) All of the above.
5. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
(b) Very little beyond worming them.
(c) An operation.
(d) An injection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
2. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
3. What do vets do for husk today?
4. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
5. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)