|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Drinking on the job.
(b) Not being punctual.
(c) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(d) Being careless and flippant.
2. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
(a) A broad selection of dogs, mostly herding dogs.
(b) A wide array from Mynah birds to bulldogs to goldfish.
(c) Dogs, cats, rabbits, and a fish.
(d) Dogs and cats.
3. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(b) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
(c) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(d) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
4. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
(a) She encourages Herriot to try some of everything.
(b) She tells him not to pester people by offering it.
(c) She is offended and leaves.
(d) She warns Herriot that it is terrible.
5. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
(b) Like royalty.
(c) With great empathy for the family's hardship.
(d) With fondness and jocularity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
2. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
3. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
4. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
5. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)