|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is uncontrollable.
(b) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(c) The dog is not registered.
(d) The dog is of the wrong breed.
2. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To sleep in the sunshine.
(b) To play with a pack of dogs.
(c) To teach puppies to run.
(d) To chase cars.
3. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) She rejected him at birth.
(b) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
(c) She died giving birth.
(d) None of the above.
4. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) Onto Helen's family property.
(b) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
(c) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(d) A small cottage on the edge of town.
5. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
2. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
3. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
4. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
5. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)