|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She died giving birth.
(c) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
(d) She rejected him at birth.
2. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(d) A veterinary student.
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
(a) He is a very old dog.
(b) A stomach tumor.
(c) He eats every bit of trash he finds.
(d) Joe feeds him rotten meat.
4. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(b) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(c) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(d) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
5. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) An old horse.
(b) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
(c) All of the above.
(d) The bones of many cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
2. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
3. What interferes with the enjoyment of Herriot's purchase at home?
4. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
5. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)