|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
(b) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
(c) "Stick to livestock."
(d) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
2. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
(a) Antiques to give as gifts.
(b) Basics for the house like chairs and rugs.
(d) Decor for the walls.
3. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) She ate a poisonous plant.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) They have no idea.
(d) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
4. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) A large rug for the living room.
(b) An old set of outdated medical tools.
(c) A weaving loom.
(d) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
5. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
(a) She tells him not to pester people by offering it.
(b) She encourages Herriot to try some of everything.
(c) She is offended and leaves.
(d) She warns Herriot that it is terrible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
2. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
4. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
5. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)