|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
(a) Lethargic and feverish.
(b) Clearly very sick and thin,
(c) Robust and energetic.
(d) Coughing uncontrallably.
2. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(b) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(c) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
(d) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
3. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
(a) The extreme cold.
(b) Being the outsider in a local gathering.
(c) Mr Ingledew's inappropriate stories.
(d) The mud.
4. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
(b) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
(c) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(d) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
5. In chapter one, Herriot returns to bed after a long night out. Where was he?
(a) Stuck at a social gathering at the Ingledew farm.
(b) Rescuing Mr. Ingledew's injured horse.
(c) Delivering a lamb at the Ingledew farm.
(d) Out drinking with Mr. Ingledew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
2. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
3. Who is Richard Edmundson?
4. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
5. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)