|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) A large rug for the living room.
(b) A weaving loom.
(c) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
(d) An old set of outdated medical tools.
2. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
(a) He falls asleep in his car.
(b) To the Crump's neighbors called the Bamfords.
(c) Back to his house without finishing his rounds.
(d) He is called to the Bamfords for an emergency calving.
3. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
(a) They both look at him with sweet, dewey eyes.
(b) They both glare at him hostilely.
(c) The lady is appalled that the poodle likes Herriot.
(d) The poodle tries to hide behind the lady, who says he never does that.
4. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
(a) An old horse.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The bones of many cats.
(d) A patient, starving, yellow dog.
5. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) An old gypsy.
(b) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A nosy old lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
2. Who is Richard Edmundson?
3. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
4. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
5. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)