|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) The labrador.
(b) A tabby cat.
(c) The mynah bird.
(d) The goldfish.
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because he is very smelly.
(d) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
3. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(a) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(b) Fake money.
(d) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
(b) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
5. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
(b) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
(c) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
(d) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
2. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
3. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
4. Who is Richard Edmundson?
5. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)