|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(b) Hot udder.
(c) Them masticks.
2. What interferes with the enjoyment of Herriot's purchase at home?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The smell.
(c) There is no room to use it.
(d) The color is awful.
3. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Transporting it to his car.
(b) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(c) Figuring out how to set it up.
(d) None of the above.
4. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(b) He fends for himself eating grass.
(c) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
(d) The farmer feeds him.
5. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(b) Joe is nearly deaf.
(c) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(d) Joe always argues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
2. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
3. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
4. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
5. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)