|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
(a) Another vet.
(b) A salve.
(c) A shot.
(d) A long turn out in the pasture.
2. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
(b) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(c) A small cottage on the edge of town.
(d) Onto Helen's family property.
3. Who is Mrs. Donovan?
(a) An old gypsy.
(b) A woman who fancies herself an animal doctor.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A nosy old lady.
4. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
(a) Leaving instruments at farms after a field call.
(b) Drinking on the job.
(c) Being careless and flippant.
(d) Not being punctual.
5. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(b) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(c) Because he is very smelly.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
2. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
3. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
4. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
5. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)