|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herbert not have a mother?
(a) His mother is sickly and the farmer removed him.
(b) She died giving birth.
(c) None of the above.
(d) She rejected him at birth.
2. What happens when Herriot injects the cow?
(a) She dies.
(b) She goes into convulsions.
(c) She stops panicking so they can set her leg.
(d) She relaxes, and few minutes later stands up.
3. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(c) Because he is very smelly.
(d) Because he is mean and extremely large.
4. What interferes with the enjoyment of Herriot's purchase at home?
(a) There is no room to use it.
(b) The color is awful.
(c) The smell.
(d) None of the above.
5. What response does Mrs. Crump have to Mr. Crump offering Herriot some of his wine?
(a) She encourages Herriot to try some of everything.
(b) She warns Herriot that it is terrible.
(c) She tells him not to pester people by offering it.
(d) She is offended and leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
2. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
3. What causes Herriot concern about Jock?
4. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
5. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)