|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
(a) Helen invited him to Sunday tea.
(b) A sick cow.
(c) He was following up on an animal Siegfried had treated.
(d) His car broke down nearby.
2. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(b) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(c) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(d) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
3. Who is Richard Edmundson?
(a) All the above.
(b) Another suitor to Helen.
(c) A wealthy young man.
(d) The son of local famer and good friends of Helen's family.
4. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because he is very smelly.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(d) Because he is mean and extremely large.
5. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Stick to livestock."
(b) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
(c) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
(d) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot learn about the Bamfords the day after he goes there?
2. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
3. What did the inspector find in an old shed?
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
5. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)