|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot do for Mrs Donovan and Roy?
(a) Agree to visit them daily for a couple weeks.
(b) Convince the inspector to let her keep him.
(c) Set a broken bone free of charge.
(d) Nurse Roy back to health.
2. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(b) The dog is uncontrollable.
(c) The dog is not registered.
(d) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
3. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
(a) Onto Helen's family property.
(b) A small cottage on the edge of town.
(c) The third story of the Skeldale House.
(d) Into a flat next door to the clinic.
4. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
5. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(b) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(c) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(d) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
2. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
3. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
5. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)