|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(c) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
(d) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
2. What do vets do for husk today?
(a) The exact same process.
(b) Administer antibiotics.
(c) There is a vaccine and a good therapeutic agent.
(d) None of the above.
3. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) He fends for himself eating grass.
(b) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
(b) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
(c) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
(d) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
5. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
(a) Like royalty.
(b) With great empathy for the family's hardship.
(c) With fondness and jocularity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
2. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
3. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
5. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)