|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
2. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
(b) An injection.
(c) An operation.
(d) Very little beyond worming them.
3. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
(a) The farmer ties a dead lamb skin on Herberts back.
(b) The ewe is too sick at first to notice it is not her lamb.
(c) Herbert persisted until the ewe gave up.
(d) The full udder was so uncomfortable the ewe liked Herbert to nurse.
4. What is Jock's favorite thing?
(a) To play with a pack of dogs.
(b) To sleep in the sunshine.
(c) To chase cars.
(d) To teach puppies to run.
5. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(b) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Because he is very smelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
2. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
3. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
5. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)