|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Figuring out how to set it up.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(d) Transporting it to his car.
2. What is wrong with the cow that Herriot and Helen's father go to treat?
(a) They have no idea.
(b) A broken leg.
(c) A magnesium deficiency called "the staggers."
(d) She ate a poisonous plant.
3. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
(b) "Stick to livestock."
(c) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
(d) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
4. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) The puppies are sold.
(b) He stops chasing cars.
(c) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(d) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
5. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
(a) His car broke down nearby.
(b) A sick cow.
(c) Helen invited him to Sunday tea.
(d) He was following up on an animal Siegfried had treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Herriot discomfort during chapter one?
2. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
3. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
4. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
5. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)