|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(b) Because he is very smelly.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Because he is mean and extremely large.
2. How does Herbert stay alive without a mother?
(a) He fends for himself eating grass.
(b) He nurses off random unsuspecting ewes.
(c) The farmer feeds him.
(d) An old ewe lets him nurse with her babies.
3. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(b) Not at all.
(c) He completes the examination without a problem.
(d) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
4. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
(a) A new hoof knife.
(b) A jug of ale.
(c) A wad of cash.
5. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
(b) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
(c) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(d) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
2. Where does Herriot go when he leaves the Crumps?
3. What happens to the ewes that causes one to lose her babies?
4. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
5. How do Herbert and the ewe end up together?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)