|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(b) Them masticks.
(c) Hot udder.
2. What delightful occurrence makes Herriot forget his discomfort while out for a moment in chapter one?
(a) The sight of a cow he saved the year before.
(b) The farmer's hearty welcome and thanks.
(c) A taste of Mrs Ingledew's pie.
(d) The birth of a new lamb.
3. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(b) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(c) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(d) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
4. What is wrong with Bonzo, the first dog that Herriot sees for the Dimmocks?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was suffering from neglect.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He had cancer.
5. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
(b) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
(c) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
(d) That his tired were to bald to drive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mr. Kitson decided to do with the dying ewe in the corner?
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
3. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
4. How does Dinah do after being treated by Granville?
5. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)