Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is peace restored to Jock's life?
(a) He finds a short cut that makes him win.
(b) The puppies are sold.
(c) He figures out he can outsmart the puppies.
(d) He stops chasing cars.
2. What does Harold Ingledew do that keeps his neighbors awake?
(a) Keeps his lambing pens near his neighbors house.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Do his repair work at night on full moons.
(d) Sing loudly when he's drunk.
3. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe is nearly deaf.
(b) Joe always argues.
(c) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(d) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
4. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) Very little beyond worming them.
(b) An operation.
(c) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
(d) An injection.
5. What phrase does Mrs Donovan repeat to Herriot for years?
(a) "Haven't I made a difference to this dog?"
(b) "Stick to livestock."
(c) "Old remedies are the best remedies."
(d) "Don't you wish you knew my secrets?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
2. Where did James and Helen move to after their marriage?
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
4. What takes Herriot to the Alderson homestead in chapter seven?
5. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)