|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Harry say that Monty was ungrateful?
(a) Monty refused the food offered to him.
(b) He was mean despite living an easy life.
(c) Monty could have been put down, but they saved him.
(d) Herriot had saved his life and the bull had turned on him.
2. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
(b) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(c) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(d) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
3. What caused the eventual disappearance of the draught horse?
(a) The disapearance of family farms.
(b) A mass outbreak of equine diseases.
(c) Their replacement with mules.
(d) The invention of the tractor.
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(b) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(c) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(d) He was the only vet on the grounds.
5. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
(a) The odor in the barn.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill's back.
(d) The cow's dull coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
2. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
3. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
5. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)