|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Colonel Bosworth's reason for seeing Herriot?
(a) His terrior, Emmit was not eating.
(b) His collie, Sam was injured in a fight.
(c) His rabbit, Duchess was attacked by dogs.
(d) His cat, Maudie was struck by a car.
2. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
(a) "The roughest and most arduous part of our life."
(b) "The most dangerous and thrilling work for a vet."
(c) "The simplest and most pleasant work we are handed."
(d) "The bleakest and least studied part of our field."
3. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A pig and a horse.
(b) A cow and a dog.
(c) A cow and a pig.
(d) A dog and a pony.
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(b) None of the above.
(c) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(d) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
5. Where was Percy's tumor?
(a) His testicle.
(b) His mouth.
(c) Above his left eye.
(d) At the base of his tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
2. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
3. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
4. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
5. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)