|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
(a) He refused to buy a house and lived off the land.
(b) He dressed unusually.
(c) Although his background was farming he was an artist.
(d) He prefered cats to dogs,
2. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(c) A veterinary student.
3. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
(a) They were attacking Percy.
(b) They were attracted to Percy.
(c) Mr. Partridge was feeding the strays.
(d) They were going through his trash.
4. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) An injection.
(b) An operation.
(c) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
(d) Very little beyond worming them.
5. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
(a) Basics for the house like chairs and rugs.
(b) Antiques to give as gifts.
(d) Decor for the walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did it take so long for Herriot and Granville to reach the bar?
2. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
3. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
4. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
5. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)