|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(b) He still does not know.
(c) A rare virus.
(d) Copper deficiency.
2. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(b) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(c) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(d) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
3. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
(a) Like royalty.
(b) With fondness and jocularity.
(c) With great empathy for the family's hardship.
4. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) A large rug for the living room.
(b) A weaving loom.
(c) An old set of outdated medical tools.
(d) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
5. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(b) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
(c) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(d) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
2. What happened to Badger?
3. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
4. What do vets do for husk today?
5. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)