|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
2. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
(a) He went blind.
(b) McLuskie's Disease
(d) He had hairball in his fourth stomach.
3. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
(a) Being biased against rabbits.
(b) Taking bribes.
(c) Awarding prizes to his clients.
(d) Giving first place to the squire's son.
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(b) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(c) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(d) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
5. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(a) Copper deficiency.
(b) A rare virus.
(d) He still does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
2. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
3. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
4. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
5. Who did Herriot bring the animal to?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)