|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
(b) Herriot advised him not to.
(c) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
(d) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
2. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
3. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) The goldfish.
(b) The mynah bird.
(c) The labrador.
(d) A tabby cat.
4. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
(a) He knew it would be a long night.
(b) Granville would have taken it personally.
(c) He enjoyed the taste too much to refuse.
(d) He was too hungry to bother.
5. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
(b) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(c) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(d) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
2. Why did Harry say that Monty was ungrateful?
3. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
4. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)