|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(b) The dog is uncontrollable.
(c) The dog is not registered.
(d) The dog is of the wrong breed.
2. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
(a) To keep a safe distance from any unruly animal.
(b) To step open-eyed into dangerous situations.
(c) Answer general questions about animal husbandry.
(d) To influence farmers to treat their animals better.
3. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
(a) McLuskie's Disease
(b) He went blind.
(d) He had hairball in his fourth stomach.
4. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
(a) He gets bitten, but completes the examination.
(b) He completes the examination without a problem.
(c) He manages to examine Clancy with the help of three men.
(d) Not at all.
5. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(a) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(c) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
(d) Fake money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Percy's tumor?
2. Who did Herriot bring the animal to?
3. What does Siegfried suspect is the cause of Clancy's vomiting?
4. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
5. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)