|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
(a) The lady is appalled that the poodle likes Herriot.
(b) They both glare at him hostilely.
(c) The poodle tries to hide behind the lady, who says he never does that.
(d) They both look at him with sweet, dewey eyes.
2. What was wrong with Harry Sumner's young bull?
(a) He had hairball in his fourth stomach.
(b) McLuskie's Disease
(d) He went blind.
3. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Because he is very smelly.
(c) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(d) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
4. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(a) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
(c) Fake money.
(d) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
5. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
(a) He was every worker's favorite horse.
(b) He was the only stallion.
(c) He was their only prized show horse.
(d) He was the last work horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
2. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
3. After chastising Herriot and Tristan, how successful is Siegfried at examining Clancy?
4. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
5. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)