|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
(a) Granville would have taken it personally.
(b) He was too hungry to bother.
(c) He enjoyed the taste too much to refuse.
(d) He knew it would be a long night.
2. Who did Herriot bring the animal to?
(a) Granville Bennett.
(d) Colonel Bosworth.
3. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
(a) "The bleakest and least studied part of our field."
(b) "The most dangerous and thrilling work for a vet."
(c) "The simplest and most pleasant work we are handed."
(d) "The roughest and most arduous part of our life."
4. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(a) Copper deficiency.
(b) A rare virus.
(d) He still does not know.
5. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A pig and a horse.
(b) A cow and a pig.
(c) A dog and a pony.
(d) A cow and a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
2. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
3. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
4. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
5. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)