|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(b) A rare virus.
(c) Copper deficiency.
(d) He still does not know.
2. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
(a) Mr. Pickersgill in always inventing new "vitamins" for the cow.
(b) Mr. Pickersgill beds the stall so deeply it chaffes the cow.
(c) Mr. Pickersgill milks the cow very roughly.
(d) Mr. Pickersgill constantly sprays chemicals in the barn.
3. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
(b) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
(c) Herriot advised him not to.
(d) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
4. What condition are the second group of young cows in that Herriot goes to see at the Dalby farm?
(a) Robust and energetic.
(b) Lethargic and feverish.
(c) Coughing uncontrallably.
(d) Clearly very sick and thin,
5. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Transporting it to his car.
(b) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Figuring out how to set it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
2. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
3. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
4. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
5. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)