|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
(a) Basics for the house like chairs and rugs.
(c) Antiques to give as gifts.
(d) Decor for the walls.
2. What happened to Badger?
(a) He was retired from plowing and died of old age.
(b) He developed lockjaw.
(c) He broke his leg jumping a fence.
(d) He went blind.
3. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) The goldfish.
(b) The mynah bird.
(c) A tabby cat.
(d) The labrador.
4. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) An injection.
(b) An operation.
(c) Very little beyond worming them.
(d) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
5. What interferes with the enjoyment of Herriot's purchase at home?
(a) The color is awful.
(b) The smell.
(c) There is no room to use it.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Percy's tumor?
2. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
3. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
4. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
5. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)