|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could Herriot do medicinally for the cattle with husk?
(a) Very little beyond worming them.
(b) An operation.
(c) Pump a vitamin syrup into their stomachs.
(d) An injection.
2. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
(a) He treated them as his own.
(b) He yelled songs to drown out the howls.
(c) He beat them back with a stick.
(d) He cried when they wouldn't leave him alone.
3. Why did Herriot stop halfway through the lethal injection?
(a) He decided to sedate the animal and try to repair it.
(b) He realized he had grabbed the wrong syringe.
(c) The animal had already died.
(d) He was startled by Colonel Bosworth's objections.
4. Why did it take so long for Herriot and Granville to reach the bar?
(a) Harriot kept trying to steer Granville away.
(b) Granville kept running into people he knew.
(c) Their were tables and chairs in their way.
(d) The crowd was too large.
5. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
(a) Antiques to give as gifts.
(b) Decor for the walls.
(d) Basics for the house like chairs and rugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill want to try on his cow to cure the mastitis?
2. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
3. Who did Herriot bring the animal to?
4. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
5. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)