|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(a) Copper deficiency.
(b) A rare virus.
(c) He still does not know.
2. What happened to Badger?
(a) He developed lockjaw.
(b) He went blind.
(c) He was retired from plowing and died of old age.
(d) He broke his leg jumping a fence.
3. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
(a) The poodle tries to hide behind the lady, who says he never does that.
(b) They both glare at him hostilely.
(c) The lady is appalled that the poodle likes Herriot.
(d) They both look at him with sweet, dewey eyes.
4. What characteristic caused Colonel Bosworth to treat his animals so well?
(a) He depended on them for his living.
(b) His fear of beasts.
(c) They were his wife's.
(d) His gentle nature.
5. What do Helen and Herriot need that he is designated to pick up at house sales?
(a) Basics for the house like chairs and rugs.
(b) Decor for the walls.
(c) Antiques to give as gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
2. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
3. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
4. Where did Herriot agree to go before returning home?
5. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)