|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
(b) That his tired were to bald to drive.
(c) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
(d) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
2. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
(b) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
(c) Herriot advised him not to.
(d) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
3. Where was Percy's tumor?
(a) His testicle.
(b) His mouth.
(c) At the base of his tail.
(d) Above his left eye.
4. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
(a) He was their only prized show horse.
(b) He was the last work horse.
(c) He was the only stallion.
(d) He was every worker's favorite horse.
5. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
(b) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(c) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
(d) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
2. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
3. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
4. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
5. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)