|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe always argues.
(b) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(c) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(d) Joe is nearly deaf.
2. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(b) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(c) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(d) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
3. What caused the eventual disappearance of the draught horse?
(a) A mass outbreak of equine diseases.
(b) The invention of the tractor.
(c) The disapearance of family farms.
(d) Their replacement with mules.
4. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) An old set of outdated medical tools.
(b) A large rug for the living room.
(c) A weaving loom.
(d) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
5. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
(a) They were attacking Percy.
(b) Mr. Partridge was feeding the strays.
(c) They were attracted to Percy.
(d) They were going through his trash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
2. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
3. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
4. Who or what does Herriot end up prescribing a solution for that also cures the mastitis of Mr. Pickersgill's cow?
5. What does Herriot get caught picking up at the surgery?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)