|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
(a) Mr. Partridge was feeding the strays.
(b) They were attracted to Percy.
(c) They were going through his trash.
(d) They were attacking Percy.
2. Why was Herriot uneasy about taking a blood sample from Monty?
(a) Harry Sumner had no way to hold the bull still.
(b) Herriot hated drawing blood.
(c) The bull had grown and turned mean.
(d) The light was dim in the box. Herriot wasn't sure he could find a vein.
3. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
(b) That his tired were to bald to drive.
(c) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
(d) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
4. What made Ben Ashby rethink getting a closer look at Harry Sumner's heifer?
(a) Ben has arthritus and couldn't make it over the fence.
(b) Monty, Harry Sumner's bull.
(c) Herriot advised him not to.
(d) No one wanted to go with him into the pasture.
5. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
(a) Because he is very smelly.
(b) Because he is mean and extremely large.
(c) Because they are afraid of what they will find.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Roland Partridge considered an unlikely character in Darrowby?
2. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
3. How does Siegfried treat Mrs. Dalby when she comes to Skeldale house?
4. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
5. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)