|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was wrong with the second batch of cows on the Darby farm?
(a) He still does not know.
(b) A rare virus.
(d) Copper deficiency.
2. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
(a) He was too hungry to bother.
(b) Granville would have taken it personally.
(c) He enjoyed the taste too much to refuse.
(d) He knew it would be a long night.
3. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(b) The dog is uncontrollable.
(c) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(d) The dog is not registered.
4. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(b) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
(c) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
(d) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
5. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Them masticks.
(c) Hot udder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Siegfried chastise Herriot and Tristan for in chapter six?
2. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
3. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
4. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
5. What characteristic caused Colonel Bosworth to treat his animals so well?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)