|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) A tabby cat.
(b) The mynah bird.
(c) The goldfish.
(d) The labrador.
2. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
(b) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
(c) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
(d) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
3. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(b) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
(c) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(d) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
4. How easy does Herriot find it to diagnose the second batch of Darby cattle?
(a) He still does not know what was wrong with them.
(b) It takes him a long time because he has to do several tests.
(c) He has no idea what is wrong the first two times he sees them.
(d) He knows almost immediately that it is going to be just as bad.
5. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
(a) The poodle tries to hide behind the lady, who says he never does that.
(b) They both glare at him hostilely.
(c) They both look at him with sweet, dewey eyes.
(d) The lady is appalled that the poodle likes Herriot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
2. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
3. What would Cliff do after he fought with his wife?
4. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
5. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)