|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Herriot refuse the refills of whiskey and food?
(a) He enjoyed the taste too much to refuse.
(b) Granville would have taken it personally.
(c) He knew it would be a long night.
(d) He was too hungry to bother.
2. What was especially difficult about Herriot's purchase at the auction house?
(a) Transporting it to his car.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Explaining to Helen what he had purchased.
(d) Figuring out how to set it up.
3. Why did Harry Sumner get Monty?
(a) Because something had been attacking his cows.
(b) Because he was for sale at the fair for almost nothing.
(c) To improve his herd.
(d) Monty was given to him because he was mean.
4. What made survival for the Dalby family especially difficult?
(a) The death of Billy Dalby, the father.
(b) They weren't from the area and so didn't know the land well.
(c) A horrible accident that had crippled the father, Billy.
(d) They had a huge family and a supported others that couldn't work.
5. Where was Percy's tumor?
(a) Above his left eye.
(b) At the base of his tail.
(c) His testicle.
(d) His mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
2. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
3. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
4. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
5. What does Herriot feel vets are regularly called to do?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)