|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe always argues.
(b) Joe is nearly deaf.
(c) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(d) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
2. What did the A.A man say to Herriot?
(a) That he would have to detour down more windy road.
(b) That driving in the snow would be too dangerous.
(c) That his tired were to bald to drive.
(d) That the road they had driven the previous night was closed.
3. What form of self indulgence has Herriot developed over his time as a country vet?
(a) None of the above.
(b) He occasionally stops and just lies in the sunshine when he's on his rounds.
(c) He carries a jug of ale in the car for after especially challenging calls.
(d) He insists on warm water even when the weather is warm.
4. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
(a) An old set of outdated medical tools.
(b) A twenty-four volume set of the the geography of the world.
(c) A large rug for the living room.
(d) A weaving loom.
5. Why did Harry say that Monty was ungrateful?
(a) Monty refused the food offered to him.
(b) He was mean despite living an easy life.
(c) Herriot had saved his life and the bull had turned on him.
(d) Monty could have been put down, but they saved him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Herriot and Tristan reluctant to fully diagnose Clancy?
2. Where was Percy's tumor?
3. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
4. What caused the eventual disappearance of the draught horse?
5. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)