|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(b) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(c) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(d) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
2. After all the horses were gone from Harland Grange, what animal replaced them?
3. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(a) Them masticks.
(b) Hot udder.
4. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
(b) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(c) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(d) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
5. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
(a) They were attracted to Percy.
(b) Mr. Partridge was feeding the strays.
(c) They were going through his trash.
(d) They were attacking Percy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot purchase in the auction house?
2. How did Mr. Partridge react to the mob of dogs?
3. What happened to Badger?
4. What was Colonel Bosworth's reason for seeing Herriot?
5. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)