|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Badger?
(a) He developed lockjaw.
(b) He was retired from plowing and died of old age.
(c) He broke his leg jumping a fence.
(d) He went blind.
2. What was Herriot's opinion of horse work?
(a) "The roughest and most arduous part of our life."
(b) "The simplest and most pleasant work we are handed."
(c) "The most dangerous and thrilling work for a vet."
(d) "The bleakest and least studied part of our field."
3. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
(a) Awarding prizes to his clients.
(b) Being biased against rabbits.
(c) Giving first place to the squire's son.
(d) Taking bribes.
4. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is uncontrollable.
(b) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(c) The dog is not registered.
(d) The dog is of the wrong breed.
5. What does Mr Kendall give to Siegfried when they call to his ranch to see a cow?
(b) A jug of ale to share when the job was done.
(c) A stethoscope Siegfried left there.
(d) Fake money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the eventual disappearance of the draught horse?
2. What was Colonel Bosworth's reason for seeing Herriot?
3. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
4. Why were dogs flocking to Mr. Partridge's house?
5. How was Badger's death significant to Harland Grange?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)