Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 23-26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Pickersgill call mastitis?
(b) Them masticks.
(d) Hot udder.
2. Why is communication with Joe Mulligan difficult?
(a) Joe never pays attention and does what he thinks is best.
(b) Joe is nearly deaf.
(c) Joe has an extremely thick accent.
(d) Joe always argues.
3. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(b) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(c) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(d) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
4. Why did Herriot stop halfway through the lethal injection?
(a) He decided to sedate the animal and try to repair it.
(b) He was startled by Colonel Bosworth's objections.
(c) He realized he had grabbed the wrong syringe.
(d) The animal had already died.
5. What interferes with the enjoyment of Herriot's purchase at home?
(a) There is no room to use it.
(b) The smell.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The color is awful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Badger?
2. Why does Herriot suspect that Mr. Pickersgill is the cause of the problem with his cow's mastitis?
3. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
4. What is husk, the first ailment that afflicted the Darby cattle?
5. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)