|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(b) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(c) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(d) He was the only vet on the grounds.
2. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
(a) Tristan is spending all his time with a girl and he's left all alone.
(b) He gets called away to see a bull.
(c) The girl he is with is loud and rude.
(d) He sees Helen dancing with Richard Edmundson.
3. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(d) A veterinary student.
4. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
(a) Dogs and cats.
(b) A broad selection of dogs, mostly herding dogs.
(c) A wide array from Mynah birds to bulldogs to goldfish.
(d) Dogs, cats, rabbits, and a fish.
5. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A cow and a pig.
(b) A dog and a pony.
(c) A pig and a horse.
(d) A cow and a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
3. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
4. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
5. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)