|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
(a) Ginger root and hot water.
(b) A step ladder and a ten foot rope.
(c) Carrots and the mother's milk.
(d) Sugar, a bottle, and a pig stool.
2. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
(b) Raging fever.
(c) Skin and bones.
(d) Twice his original size.
3. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
(a) Because Gyp has epilepsy.
(b) Because all his dogs are related to Gyp.
(c) Because he doesn't have Gyp's registration papers.
(d) Because Gyp injured himself in a way that prevents him from being bred.
4. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
(a) A retired veterinarian.
(b) Mr. Thwaite's cousin from the city.
(c) A local animal healer.
(d) An experienced old farmer.
5. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
(a) She had a broken leg.
(b) She delivered her uterus.
(c) She had a severe copper deficiency .
(d) She calf was stillborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
2. Why does Helen go with Herriot when he leaves the Daffodil Ball on his call?
3. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
4. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
5. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)