|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is not registered.
(b) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(c) The dog is uncontrollable.
(d) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
2. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) The mynah bird.
(b) The labrador.
(c) A tabby cat.
(d) The goldfish.
3. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A pig and a horse.
(b) A dog and a pony.
(c) A cow and a dog.
(d) A cow and a pig.
4. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
(a) A broken leg.
(d) A bone stuck in his teeth.
5. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
(b) A Corn-cobb pipe.
(c) A tin can.
(d) A mass of shredded newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
2. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
3. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
4. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
5. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)