|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(c) A veterinary student.
2. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
(a) Luring them in with tuna.
(b) Waiting next to the cat door and grabbing them when they come through.
(c) With a humane trap.
(d) Patiently calling them and coaxing them.
3. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) A mass of shredded newspaper.
(b) A Corn-cobb pipe.
(c) A tin can.
(d) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
4. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(b) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(c) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(d) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
5. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
(a) Nellie Dimmock.
(b) The Dimmock's neighbor, Mr. Bass.
(c) Jimmy Dimmock.
(d) Mrs. Dimmock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
2. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
3. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
4. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
5. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)