|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(b) The dog is not registered.
(c) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(d) The dog is uncontrollable.
2. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
(a) He sees Helen dancing with Richard Edmundson.
(b) The girl he is with is loud and rude.
(c) Tristan is spending all his time with a girl and he's left all alone.
(d) He gets called away to see a bull.
3. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
(a) Because Gyp has epilepsy.
(b) Because all his dogs are related to Gyp.
(c) Because he doesn't have Gyp's registration papers.
(d) Because Gyp injured himself in a way that prevents him from being bred.
4. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(c) A veterinary student.
5. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
(a) The sound of a choir singing,
(b) The laughter of children.
(c) The barking of the neighbor's dog.
(d) The ringing of bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
2. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
3. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
4. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
5. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)