|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A dog and a pony.
(b) A cow and a pig.
(c) A cow and a dog.
(d) A pig and a horse.
2. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) A mass of shredded newspaper.
(b) A Corn-cobb pipe.
(c) A tin can.
(d) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
3. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
(a) Nothing, he's just a runt.
(b) Internal infection.
(c) He ate something bad.
4. What has Gyp never done in his life?
(a) Chase cars.
(c) Work sheep.
5. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(b) The dog is not registered.
(c) The dog is uncontrollable.
(d) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
2. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
3. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
4. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
5. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)