|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
(a) That Helen is his "young lady".
(b) To not call him again at night unless it's an emergency.
(c) He thanks her for getting him out of the Ball.
(d) None of the above.
2. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(b) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(c) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
(d) Nobody wants his help or advice.
3. What is wrong with Bonzo, the first dog that Herriot sees for the Dimmocks?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He had cancer.
(c) He was suffering from neglect.
(d) He was hit by a car.
4. Why does Helen go with Herriot when he leaves the Daffodil Ball on his call?
(a) He asked her if she wanted to.
(b) The call is her father's prize bull.
(c) Richard Edmundson was drunk and she wanted to leave.
(d) She needed a lift home.
5. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
(a) Raging fever.
(c) Twice his original size.
(d) Skin and bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
2. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
3. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
4. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
5. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)