|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(b) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
(c) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(d) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
2. What do the Kirby's do that Mr. Brown does not?
(a) They apologize for getting him up early.
(b) They wish Herriot a Merry Christmas.
(c) They offer Herriot something to eat and drink.
(d) All of the above.
3. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
(a) To not call him again at night unless it's an emergency.
(b) He thanks her for getting him out of the Ball.
(c) That Helen is his "young lady".
(d) None of the above.
4. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
(a) Because Gyp injured himself in a way that prevents him from being bred.
(b) Because Gyp has epilepsy.
(c) Because all his dogs are related to Gyp.
(d) Because he doesn't have Gyp's registration papers.
5. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
(a) A bone stuck in his teeth.
(d) A broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
2. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
3. What has Gyp never done in his life?
4. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
5. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)