|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(b) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(c) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(d) Siegfried is out of town that day.
2. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(b) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(c) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
(d) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
3. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(d) A veterinary student.
4. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
(a) She calf was stillborn.
(b) She had a broken leg.
(c) She delivered her uterus.
(d) She had a severe copper deficiency .
5. What do the Kirby's do that Mr. Brown does not?
(a) They offer Herriot something to eat and drink.
(b) They apologize for getting him up early.
(c) All of the above.
(d) They wish Herriot a Merry Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
2. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
3. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
4. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
5. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)