|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
(a) He ate something bad.
(c) Nothing, he's just a runt.
(d) Internal infection.
2. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
(b) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
(c) Many many cats both indoors and out.
(d) Only Boris.
3. What is wrong with Bonzo, the first dog that Herriot sees for the Dimmocks?
(a) He was suffering from neglect.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) He had cancer.
(d) He was hit by a car.
4. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
(a) Boris took an instant disliking to him.
(b) Tristan was rude to her.
(c) Tristan flirted with her daughter.
(d) Tristan got all the cats riled up chasing Boris.
5. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
(a) Mr. Wilkin knew Sweep was epileptic.
(b) Mr. Wilkin believed Gyp to be the better dog.
(c) He became attached to Gyp.
(d) Gyp was illegitimately bred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
2. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
3. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
4. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
5. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)