|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(b) Nobody wants his help or advice.
(c) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(d) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
2. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
(a) Someone defending him against the accusations.
(b) That gossip and rumors are the best part of the show.
(c) That Helen and Richard were to be married.
(d) About suspected corruption and cheating in the vegetable competitions.
3. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
(a) They both glare at him hostilely.
(b) The poodle tries to hide behind the lady, who says he never does that.
(c) They both look at him with sweet, dewey eyes.
(d) The lady is appalled that the poodle likes Herriot.
4. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
(a) A retired veterinarian.
(b) Mr. Thwaite's cousin from the city.
(c) An experienced old farmer.
(d) A local animal healer.
5. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) A Corn-cobb pipe.
(b) A mass of shredded newspaper.
(c) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
(d) A tin can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
2. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
3. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
4. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
5. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)