|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
(a) A step ladder and a ten foot rope.
(b) Sugar, a bottle, and a pig stool.
(c) Ginger root and hot water.
(d) Carrots and the mother's milk.
2. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
(b) Only Boris.
(c) Many many cats both indoors and out.
(d) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
3. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
(a) Nellie Dimmock.
(b) Mrs. Dimmock.
(c) Jimmy Dimmock.
(d) The Dimmock's neighbor, Mr. Bass.
4. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) The mynah bird.
(b) The labrador.
(c) A tabby cat.
(d) The goldfish.
5. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
(a) Boris took an instant disliking to him.
(b) Tristan got all the cats riled up chasing Boris.
(c) Tristan was rude to her.
(d) Tristan flirted with her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Herriot goes walking through the vegetables to clear his mind, what does he hear?
2. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
3. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
4. Why does Helen go with Herriot when he leaves the Daffodil Ball on his call?
5. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)