|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
(a) Because he doesn't have Gyp's registration papers.
(b) Because all his dogs are related to Gyp.
(c) Because Gyp injured himself in a way that prevents him from being bred.
(d) Because Gyp has epilepsy.
2. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
(a) Twice his original size.
(b) Skin and bones.
(d) Raging fever.
3. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
(a) None of the above.
(b) That Helen is his "young lady".
(c) To not call him again at night unless it's an emergency.
(d) He thanks her for getting him out of the Ball.
4. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is uncontrollable.
(b) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(c) The dog is not registered.
(d) The dog is of the wrong breed.
5. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
(a) He sees Helen dancing with Richard Edmundson.
(b) The girl he is with is loud and rude.
(c) Tristan is spending all his time with a girl and he's left all alone.
(d) He gets called away to see a bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
2. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
3. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
4. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
5. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)