|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
(a) The Dimmock's neighbor, Mr. Bass.
(b) Jimmy Dimmock.
(c) Nellie Dimmock.
(d) Mrs. Dimmock.
2. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
(a) With a humane trap.
(b) Waiting next to the cat door and grabbing them when they come through.
(c) Luring them in with tuna.
(d) Patiently calling them and coaxing them.
3. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A dog and a pony.
(b) A pig and a horse.
(c) A cow and a dog.
(d) A cow and a pig.
4. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
(a) The ringing of bells.
(b) The barking of the neighbor's dog.
(c) The sound of a choir singing,
(d) The laughter of children.
5. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
(a) Mr. Thwaite's cousin from the city.
(b) A local animal healer.
(c) A retired veterinarian.
(d) An experienced old farmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
2. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
3. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
4. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
5. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)