|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
(a) Tristan flirted with her daughter.
(b) Tristan was rude to her.
(c) Boris took an instant disliking to him.
(d) Tristan got all the cats riled up chasing Boris.
2. What has Gyp never done in his life?
(a) Chase cars.
(c) Work sheep.
3. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(a) A veterinary student.
4. What is wrong with Bonzo, the first dog that Herriot sees for the Dimmocks?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was suffering from neglect.
(c) He was hit by a car.
(d) He had cancer.
5. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
(b) New Years.
(c) All Saint's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
2. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
3. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
4. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
5. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)