|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
(a) A dog and a pony.
(b) A pig and a horse.
(c) A cow and a pig.
(d) A cow and a dog.
2. Who owns the cocker spaniel that the Dimmocks bring to Herriot?
(a) The Dimmock's neighbor, Mr. Bass.
(b) Mrs. Dimmock.
(c) Nellie Dimmock.
(d) Jimmy Dimmock.
3. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(b) A veterinary student.
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(b) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(c) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(d) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
5. What causes a cloud to darken Herriot's day a the Darrowby show?
(a) The usual officiator keeps telling him what to do.
(b) Helen is walking around with Richard Edmundson.
(c) He realizes he won't be getting paid for the job.
(d) Nobody wants his help or advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marmaduke "Duke" Skelton?
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
3. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
4. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
5. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)