|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
(a) The laughter of children.
(b) The sound of a choir singing,
(c) The barking of the neighbor's dog.
(d) The ringing of bells.
2. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
(a) First to Skeldale House for tools and then to see a dog.
(b) After a quick stop at Skeldale House, to a farm on the outskirts to see a bull.
(c) Straight to Heston Grange, Helen's home.
(d) After a long stop by the moonlit river, to Heston Grange.
3. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(b) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(c) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(d) Siegfried is out of town that day.
4. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
(a) With a humane trap.
(b) Waiting next to the cat door and grabbing them when they come through.
(c) Luring them in with tuna.
(d) Patiently calling them and coaxing them.
5. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
(b) A tin can.
(c) A mass of shredded newspaper.
(d) A Corn-cobb pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
2. What has Gyp never done in his life?
3. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
4. What dampens Herriot's spirits when he is attending the Daffodil Ball?
5. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)