|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) A tabby cat.
(b) The mynah bird.
(c) The goldfish.
(d) The labrador.
2. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
(b) Only Boris.
(c) Many many cats both indoors and out.
(d) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
3. What has Gyp never done in his life?
(b) Chase cars.
(d) Work sheep.
4. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(b) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
(c) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(d) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
5. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
(a) Being biased against rabbits.
(b) Taking bribes.
(c) Giving first place to the squire's son.
(d) Awarding prizes to his clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
2. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
3. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
5. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)