|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
(a) Tristan flirted with her daughter.
(b) Tristan got all the cats riled up chasing Boris.
(c) Tristan was rude to her.
(d) Boris took an instant disliking to him.
2. What has Gyp never done in his life?
(b) Chase cars.
(c) Work sheep.
3. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
(a) After a quick stop at Skeldale House, to a farm on the outskirts to see a bull.
(b) First to Skeldale House for tools and then to see a dog.
(c) Straight to Heston Grange, Helen's home.
(d) After a long stop by the moonlit river, to Heston Grange.
4. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
(a) Because Gyp injured himself in a way that prevents him from being bred.
(b) Because he doesn't have Gyp's registration papers.
(c) Because all his dogs are related to Gyp.
(d) Because Gyp has epilepsy.
5. What does Herriot go to see Boris for?
(a) A bone stuck in his teeth.
(d) A broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
3. What do the Kirby's do that Mr. Brown does not?
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
5. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)