|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
(a) The ringing of bells.
(b) The laughter of children.
(c) The sound of a choir singing,
(d) The barking of the neighbor's dog.
2. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
(a) Dogs, cats, rabbits, and a fish.
(b) A wide array from Mynah birds to bulldogs to goldfish.
(c) Dogs and cats.
(d) A broad selection of dogs, mostly herding dogs.
3. Who goes with Herriot to the Darrowby show?
(a) A veterinary student.
4. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
(a) One indoor cat and five outdoor cats.
(b) Three indoor cats and three outdoor cats.
(c) Many many cats both indoors and out.
(d) Only Boris.
5. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
(a) Ginger root and hot water.
(b) Sugar, a bottle, and a pig stool.
(c) A step ladder and a ten foot rope.
(d) Carrots and the mother's milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Kirby's do that Mr. Brown does not?
2. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
3. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
4. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
5. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)