|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Ross is upset and wants to leave the Thwaite farm when he hears what news?
(a) His wife has gone missing.
(b) Marmaduke is in the barn treating the cow.
(c) Herriot has an urgent call and has to leave.
(d) The goat died on the operating table.
2. What odd tools did Mr. Ross require to fix the animal?
(a) Carrots and the mother's milk.
(b) Sugar, a bottle, and a pig stool.
(c) Ginger root and hot water.
(d) A step ladder and a ten foot rope.
3. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
(a) A mass of shredded newspaper.
(b) A Corn-cobb pipe.
(c) Mr. Kirby's summer drawers.
(d) A tin can.
4. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
(a) Owners tried to convince Herriot the ponies were a different size.
(b) The ponies wouldn't stand still to be measured.
(c) Herriot had to catch each pony to measure it.
(d) The ground was too uneven to measure well.
5. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
(a) The sound of a choir singing,
(b) The laughter of children.
(c) The barking of the neighbor's dog.
(d) The ringing of bells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday is Herriot about to celebrate in chapter twenty?
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
3. Despite his good lineage, why can't Gyp's owner breed Gyp?
4. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
5. What reason does Herriot believe is the true reason that Mr. Wilkin sold Sweep instead of Gyp?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)