|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Gyp never done in his life?
(a) Chase cars.
(b) Work sheep.
2. What is the last thing Herriot sees at the Darrowby show?
(a) Helen leaving in a fancy car with Richard while he crank starts his.
(b) The cow he treated at the beginning getting into a truck.
(c) The usual officiator laughing over beer with all the farmers.
(d) The goldfish in its bowl forgotten on a table.
3. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is not registered.
(b) The dog is uncontrollable.
(c) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(d) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
4. Why does Mrs. Bond ask Herriot not to bring Tristan back?
(a) Tristan was rude to her.
(b) Tristan flirted with her daughter.
(c) Tristan got all the cats riled up chasing Boris.
(d) Boris took an instant disliking to him.
5. Where do Herriot and Helen go when they leave the Daffodil Ball?
(a) First to Skeldale House for tools and then to see a dog.
(b) After a long stop by the moonlit river, to Heston Grange.
(c) After a quick stop at Skeldale House, to a farm on the outskirts to see a bull.
(d) Straight to Heston Grange, Helen's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
2. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
3. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
4. What animals does Herriot have to judge in the family pet competition?
5. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)