|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
(b) Raging fever.
(c) Skin and bones.
(d) Twice his original size.
2. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
(a) The labrador.
(b) The goldfish.
(c) A tabby cat.
(d) The mynah bird.
3. What does Herriot tell Mrs. Chapman as he leaves her house the night of the Daffodil Ball?
(a) He thanks her for getting him out of the Ball.
(b) To not call him again at night unless it's an emergency.
(c) None of the above.
(d) That Helen is his "young lady".
4. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(b) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(c) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
(d) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
5. How does Herriot usually catch Mrs. Bond's cats?
(a) With a humane trap.
(b) Patiently calling them and coaxing them.
(c) Waiting next to the cat door and grabbing them when they come through.
(d) Luring them in with tuna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Throughout the beginning of chapter 20, what sound is present?
2. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
3. What does Herriot think is wrong with Toby, the cocker spaniel?
4. How many cats does Mrs. Bond keep?
5. What was the challenge measuring ponies at the Darrowby show?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)