|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 34-37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Herriot let the man with the terrier show his dog?
(a) The dog is uncontrollable.
(b) The dog has a temperature and Herriot suspects distemper.
(c) The dog is of the wrong breed.
(d) The dog is not registered.
2. Why does Herriot end up officiating at the Darrowby show?
(a) He was the only vet on the grounds.
(b) Siegfried is out of town that day.
(c) He owed a favor to the town councilman.
(d) The usual officiator fell ill that day.
3. What reception does Herriot receive from the lady and her poodle?
(a) The poodle tries to hide behind the lady, who says he never does that.
(b) They both glare at him hostilely.
(c) The lady is appalled that the poodle likes Herriot.
(d) They both look at him with sweet, dewey eyes.
4. What state is Toby in when Herriot makes his diagnosis and takes him to Granville Bennett?
(a) Skin and bones.
(b) Raging fever.
(c) Twice his original size.
5. What was wrong with Mr. Thwaite's cow?
(a) She had a severe copper deficiency .
(b) She calf was stillborn.
(c) She delivered her uterus.
(d) She had a broken leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gyp's response when he sees Sweep years later?
2. What two animals does Herriot treat or diagnose at the Darrowby show?
3. What animal does Herriot place first in the Family Pets competition?
4. What was caught in the throat of Mr. Kirby's goat Dorothy?
5. What was Herriot suspected of for his placement of the family pets winners?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)