|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the envelope John Grady is given after the knife fight?
2. What does John Grady have for dinner with the Reverend and Mrs. Blevins?
3. What does Blevins say he believes will happen to him?
4. What does the Senora say are the bonds that tie people closest together?
5. Why does Perez say he chooses to remain in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does it seem that Rawlins always deferred to John Grady's judgments and decisions? Name at least three instances in which this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
What is the advice John Grady gets from a group of Mexican children when he explains that he is going to try to win Alejandra's love? What does John Grady do with that advice? How does it compare with the reality of the situation between the two?
Essay Topic 3
What is it that makes John Grady go to Mexico in the first place? What is the effect of this situation over him as he ages?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)