|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day John Grady reaches San Buenaventura, he sees some children. What are they playing?
2. What color is the envelope John Grady is given as he prepares to leave the ranch?
3. Who is the first of the three to be taken to the Captain for questioning the day after John Grady and Rawlins' arrival?
4. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
5. Why does John Grady say he is going to return to the ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Though John Grady seems the obvious leader, there are some instances in which Rawlins makes demands or takes the lead. List at least two, including their significance.
Essay Topic 2
Why does it seem that Rawlins always deferred to John Grady's judgments and decisions? Name at least three instances in which this is the case.
Essay Topic 3
What is the Senora's attitude regarding fate? How does that compare to your own attitude on fate?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)