|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Grady gain entrance to the school room where he expects to encounter the Captain?
2. What time do John Grady and Rawlins arrive in Saltillo?
3. How are men judged within the prison hierarchy?
4. For what city does Rawlins buy a bus ticket?
5. What does the Captain tell John Grady they know about Rawlins from his confession?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are John Grady's methods when it comes to dealing with horses? How are those methods different when dealing with humans?
Essay Topic 2
What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have after they are arrested? How does this impact the two of them and their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
How is the relationship between John Grady and Alejandra discovered? Why is it that they kept it a secret? Could they have handled it differently?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)