|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the first things John Grady and Rawlins buy with the money Jimmy Blevins gave them?
2. In what room does John Grady meet with the Senora?
3. Where is the hotel John Grady and Rawlins stay on their first night out of prison?
4. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
5. What does Blevins say he believes will happen to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are John Grady's methods when it comes to dealing with horses? How are those methods different when dealing with humans?
Essay Topic 2
Though John Grady seems the obvious leader, there are some instances in which Rawlins makes demands or takes the lead. List at least two, including their significance.
Essay Topic 3
What is it that drives John Grady to set out to break the sixteen wild horses on Don Hector's ranch? Does he prove what he set out to do? Is this a natural part of John Grady's makeup?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)