|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the charro hand John Grady as John Grady is riding out of the stable yard with the Captain?
2. What color dress is Alejandra wearing when she arrives at the station to meet John Grady?
3. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
4. What is the name of the hotel where John Grady waits for Alejandra?
5. To where does the Captain tell John Grady they will be transported?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are John Grady's methods when it comes to dealing with horses? How are those methods different when dealing with humans?
Essay Topic 2
Why does it seem that Rawlins always deferred to John Grady's judgments and decisions? Name at least three instances in which this is the case.
Essay Topic 3
Who is Jimmy Blevins? Describe his background, his life and the things that put him in the position to be killed.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)