|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shots do John Grady and Rawlins hear when Jimmy Blevins is shot?
2. Why does Perez say he chooses to remain in prison?
3. How does John Grady leave the city?
4. What is the fate of the Captain?
5. Where does John Grady discover the Senora is going to be gone the entire day he arrives back at the ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story Alejandra's godmother tells John Grady? What is the significance of the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jimmy Blevins come to be involved with John Grady and Rawlins? What are the attitudes of Rawlins and John Grady toward Jimmy Blevins? How do their attitudes differ? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Senora's attitude regarding fate? How does that compare to your own attitude on fate?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)