|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drink is John Grady given while he's recuperating from his knife wounds?
2. What time do John Grady and Rawlins arrive in Saltillo?
3. Where does John Grady cross the Pecos four days after Abuela's funeral?
4. What decision does John Grady make as he prepares to leave Mexico?
5. What do John Grady and Rawlins eat their first lunchtime of captivity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Jimmy Blevins? Describe his background, his life and the things that put him in the position to be killed.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between John Grady and his mother? Between John Grady and his father? Compare the two.
Essay Topic 3
What does John Grady plan to do when he takes the Captain hostage? What happens? Why?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)