|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hotel John Grady and Rawlins stay on their first night out of prison?
2. What does the Captain tell John Grady they know about Rawlins from his confession?
3. What does John Grady set out to do with the forty-five pesos left from the money he received from Jimmy Blevins?
4. Where do John Grady and Rawlins discover Blevins worked after they parted?
5. What color dress is Alejandra wearing when she arrives at the station to meet John Grady?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Captain's reasons for arranging the murder of Blevins? How does he use that as an example to John Grady and Rawlins?
Essay Topic 2
What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have after they are arrested? How does this impact the two of them and their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
How is the relationship between John Grady and Alejandra discovered? Why is it that they kept it a secret? Could they have handled it differently?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)