|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John Grady shot?
2. How are men judged within the prison hierarchy?
3. What advice are John Grady and Rawlins given upon arriving in the tiny hut where they are held prisoner?
4. The day John Grady reaches San Buenaventura, he sees some children. What are they playing?
5. What gift does John Grady buy for Alejandra while he waits for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stay in prison for John Grady and Rawlins.
Essay Topic 2
What is the price Alejandra pays for having John Grady as her lover? How does it impact her life and those of her family members?
Essay Topic 3
Why does it seem that Rawlins always deferred to John Grady's judgments and decisions? Name at least three instances in which this is the case.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)