|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does John Grady buy for Alejandra while he waits for her?
2. Where is the man hiding when he shoots John Grady?
3. What kind of drink is John Grady given while he's recuperating from his knife wounds?
4. What does the charro hand John Grady as John Grady is riding out of the stable yard with the Captain?
5. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Perez say about the differences between Mexican and American ideas of good and evil? Compare that to general opinions about races and the stigmas associated with good and evil.
Essay Topic 2
What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have after they are arrested? How does this impact the two of them and their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between John Grady and Lacy Rawlins? How does it evolve over time?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)