|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are men judged within the prison hierarchy?
2. What do the men give John Grady when they catch up with him and the Captain?
3. Who is the first of the three to be taken to the Captain for questioning the day after John Grady and Rawlins' arrival?
4. What is the dead animal John Grady finds during his ride that afternoon?
5. Where is the man hiding when he shoots John Grady?
Essay Topic 1
Though John Grady seems the obvious leader, there are some instances in which Rawlins makes demands or takes the lead. List at least two, including their significance.
Essay Topic 2
What is the Captain's reasons for arranging the murder of Blevins? How does he use that as an example to John Grady and Rawlins?
Essay Topic 3
Why does it seem that Rawlins always deferred to John Grady's judgments and decisions? Name at least three instances in which this is the case.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)