|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do John Grady and Rawlins arrive in Saltillo?
2. What is the injury the Captain suffers?
3. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
4. Who is the first of the three to be taken to the Captain for questioning the day after John Grady and Rawlins' arrival?
5. The day John Grady reaches San Buenaventura, he sees some children. What are they playing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Captain's reasons for arranging the murder of Blevins? How does he use that as an example to John Grady and Rawlins?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Senora's attitude regarding fate? How does that compare to your own attitude on fate?
Essay Topic 3
What is it that makes John Grady go to Mexico in the first place? What is the effect of this situation over him as he ages?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)