|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blevins pull from his boot and give John Grady and Rawlins just before he is killed?
2. What is the fate of the Captain?
3. What does John Grady set out to do with the forty-five pesos left from the money he received from Jimmy Blevins?
4. What does the charro hand John Grady as John Grady is riding out of the stable yard with the Captain?
5. What are the first things John Grady and Rawlins buy with the money Jimmy Blevins gave them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does it seem that Rawlins always deferred to John Grady's judgments and decisions? Name at least three instances in which this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between John Grady and Lacy Rawlins? How does it evolve over time?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Senora's attitude regarding fate? How does that compare to your own attitude on fate?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)