|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John Grady say he is going to return to the ranch?
2. What is in the envelope John Grady is given after the knife fight?
3. What are John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins chained to when they leave their temporary prison?
4. What decision does John Grady make as he prepares to leave Mexico?
5. What is the name of the town where John Grady and Rawlins stop with their captors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Who is Jimmy Blevins? Describe his background, his life and the things that put him in the position to be killed.
Essay Topic 2What is the price Alejandra pays for having John Grady as her lover? How does it impact her life and those of her family members?
Essay Topic 3What is the Captain's reasons for arranging the murder of Blevins? How does he use that as an example to John Grady and Rawlins?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)