|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Alejandra say she'll give in order that she can leave to meet John Grady a day ahead of her planned arrival at the ranch?
2. Where does Rawlins say he wants to go next?
3. What does John Grady use to cauterize the gunshot wound in his thigh?
4. What is the name of the prison where John Grady and Rawlins are taken?
5. What does the Captain tell John Grady they know about Rawlins from his confession?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does John Grady plan to do when he takes the Captain hostage? What happens? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the advice John Grady gets from a group of Mexican children when he explains that he is going to try to win Alejandra's love? What does John Grady do with that advice? How does it compare with the reality of the situation between the two?
Essay Topic 3
What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have after they are arrested? How does this impact the two of them and their relationship?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)