|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Blevins determine that they' ae being followed after he gets his horse back?
2. Where does Blevins wait out the thunderstorm?
3. What is the name of John's family attorney?
4. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
5. What was the original purpose of the room in which John Grady and Don Hector play a game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alfonsa say about the difference between a woman's reputation and that of a man, and what is John Grady's reply?
2. After Blevins loses his horse, the three encounter a work camp. What offer is made by the workmen concerning Blevins?
3. Why does John's father say John's mother returned to them when John was a child?
4. What prediction does Rawlins make regarding their situation and the complication of John Grady being interested in Alejandra?
5. What is Rawlins' response when John Grady says Don Hector has asked John Grady to move into the barn to work with the horses?
6. How does John Grady come to believe that the man who attacks him is hired?
7. On what two things is it said John Grady and Don Hector totally agree?
8. What does Blevins say made him run away to Mexico?
9. What is the conversation between John Grady and Rawlins as Blevins is taken from the truck in the deserted area to be killed?
10. Why does Blevins say he cannot be outside during the thunderstorm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Perez say about the differences between Mexican and American ideas of good and evil? Compare that to general opinions about races and the stigmas associated with good and evil.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Jimmy Blevins? Describe his background, his life and the things that put him in the position to be killed.
Essay Topic 3
Though John Grady seems the obvious leader, there are some instances in which Rawlins makes demands or takes the lead. List at least two, including their significance.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)