|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used as lighting at the dance John Grady and Rawlins attend?
2. What does John Grady say about the smell of the first horse he catches?
3. What does Don Hector reveal about plans for Alejandra?
4. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
5. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Perez say a prison resembles and why?
2. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
3. Why does John's father say John's mother returned to them when John was a child?
4. What is revealed during the conversation between John Grady and Alejandra at the dance?
5. What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have when they first encounter the kid?
6. Why does Blevins say he cannot be outside during the thunderstorm?
7. What is it that Perez says he wants from John Grady?
8. What does the Senora say Alejandra promised in return for the Senora arranging John Grady's release? What is John Grady's response?
9. It is noted that John's grandfather has the distinction of being the first to die in a particular way. What was that way?
10. What event prompts Alfonsa to call for a meeting with John Grady?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Jimmy Blevins? Describe his background, his life and the things that put him in the position to be killed.
Essay Topic 2
What is the Captain's reasons for arranging the murder of Blevins? How does he use that as an example to John Grady and Rawlins?
Essay Topic 3
How is the relationship between John Grady and Alejandra discovered? Why is it that they kept it a secret? Could they have handled it differently?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)