|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where John Grady and Rawlins go on a Sunday afternoon?
2. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
3. How old is John?
4. What is used as lighting at the dance John Grady and Rawlins attend?
5. What is it that the waitress calls everyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John Grady learn about Rawlins' time in the infirmary and what it means to their friendship?
2. What does Alfonsa say about the difference between a woman's reputation and that of a man, and what is John Grady's reply?
3. What is the conversation between John Grady and Rawlins as Blevins is taken from the truck in the deserted area to be killed?
4. What do John Grady and Rawlins decide to do when John Grady discovers that someone is following them?
5. What are the difficulties described by the man who traveled to America to pick up the new horse for Don Hector?
6. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
7. What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have when they first encounter the kid?
8. List at least six of the items John Grady and Rawlins buy at the small store near the Mexican border.
9. What does Rawlins say he hates about going home?
10. Describe the girl John Grady and Rawlins see as they join up with the cattle herd.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story Alejandra's godmother tells John Grady? What is the significance of the story?
Essay Topic 2
How is the relationship between John Grady and Alejandra discovered? Why is it that they kept it a secret? Could they have handled it differently?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Senora's attitude regarding fate? How does that compare to your own attitude on fate?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)