|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rawlins throw up in the air for the kid to shoot?
2. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
3. About what habit does John fuss at his father?
4. What is the name of John's family attorney?
5. What do the three drink at the small store in Reforma?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
2. What do John Grady and Rawlins decide to do when John Grady discovers that someone is following them?
3. How does John Grady come to be allowed to ride the prize stallion on the ranch?
4. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
5. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
6. What is the Senora's response when John Grady asks if she thinks he's a criminal?
7. What is the conversation between John Grady and Rawlins as Blevins is taken from the truck in the deserted area to be killed?
8. What does John Grady leave behind as he crosses open country to buy some time from his pursuers?
9. What bet does John Henry make while he and Rawlins are waiting to go to prison?
10. What does the surgeon say about the scar on John Grady's face?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stay in prison for John Grady and Rawlins.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Jimmy Blevins? Describe his background, his life and the things that put him in the position to be killed.
Essay Topic 3
What is the price Alejandra pays for having John Grady as her lover? How does it impact her life and those of her family members?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)