|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of furniture is described in some detail as being in the hallway of the ranch house?
2. What is it that the waitress calls everyone?
3. What is the gift his father gives John?
4. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
5. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what two things is it said John Grady and Don Hector totally agree?
2. After Blevins loses his horse, the three encounter a work camp. What offer is made by the workmen concerning Blevins?
3. How does John Grady come to believe that the man who attacks him is hired?
4. What does the Senora say Alejandra promised in return for the Senora arranging John Grady's release? What is John Grady's response?
5. How does John Grady handle the new horse on his first encounter with it?
6. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
7. What does Rawlins say about Alejandra's likely taste in guys to date?
8. What does the attorney tell John about the family ranch?
9. What prediction does Rawlins make regarding their situation and the complication of John Grady being interested in Alejandra?
10. What plan does Blevins propose when the three are being chased by those from whom Blevins took his horse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the advice John Grady gets from a group of Mexican children when he explains that he is going to try to win Alejandra's love? What does John Grady do with that advice? How does it compare with the reality of the situation between the two?
Essay Topic 2
What is it that makes John Grady go to Mexico in the first place? What is the effect of this situation over him as he ages?
Essay Topic 3
What is the story Alejandra's godmother tells John Grady? What is the significance of the story?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)