|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
2. What is NOT among the clothing items John Grady and Rawlns buy on their trip into town?
3. About what habit does John fuss at his father?
4. Which direction are John Grady and Rawlins taken after their arrest?
5. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John Grady and Rawlins decide to do when John Grady discovers that someone is following them?
2. What does John Grady learn about Rawlins' time in the infirmary and what it means to their friendship?
3. Why does the kid leave the house after falling off the bench in the home of the Mexican family?
4. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
5. What is the dream John Grady had in prison about Jimmy Blevins, and how does that compare to the dream he has on the afternoon of his return to the ranch?
6. What does Alfonsa say about the difference between a woman's reputation and that of a man, and what is John Grady's reply?
7. What does Rawlins say he hates about going home?
8. Who wins the chess games between Alfonsa and John Grady?
9. What does John Grady do with the old man who was imprisoned by the Captain and the young maid who he encountered at the schoolroom before leaving with the Captain?
10. What does John Grady say to the horse as he rides the animal cross country from the ranch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is it that makes John Grady go to Mexico in the first place? What is the effect of this situation over him as he ages?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the stay in prison for John Grady and Rawlins.
Essay Topic 3
How does Jimmy Blevins come to be involved with John Grady and Rawlins? What are the attitudes of Rawlins and John Grady toward Jimmy Blevins? How do their attitudes differ? Why?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)