|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of John's family attorney?
2. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
3. Which horse is John Grady riding when he beats Rawlins in their impromptu race on the day they go into town?
4. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
5. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alejandra say she learned about her father after she told him that she and John Grady were lovers?
2. After Blevins loses his horse, the three encounter a work camp. What offer is made by the workmen concerning Blevins?
3. On what two things is it said John Grady and Don Hector totally agree?
4. What does the surgeon say about the scar on John Grady's face?
5. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
6. What prediction does Rawlins make regarding their situation and the complication of John Grady being interested in Alejandra?
7. Who wins the chess games between Alfonsa and John Grady?
8. What does Alfonsa say about the difference between a woman's reputation and that of a man, and what is John Grady's reply?
9. Why does Alejandra say she told her father that she and John Grady were lovers?
10. What does the Senora say Alejandra promised in return for the Senora arranging John Grady's release? What is John Grady's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does it seem that Rawlins always deferred to John Grady's judgments and decisions? Name at least three instances in which this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
What are John Grady's methods when it comes to dealing with horses? How are those methods different when dealing with humans?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the stay in prison for John Grady and Rawlins.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)