|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of horses are in the painting in the dining room, according to John's grandfather?
2. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
3. What day does John Grady and Rawlins begin breaking the horses?
4. Where do John Grady and Rawlins wait out the thunderstorm?
5. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bet does John Henry make while he and Rawlins are waiting to go to prison?
2. What does John Grady leave behind as he crosses open country to buy some time from his pursuers?
3. What is the dream John Grady had in prison about Jimmy Blevins, and how does that compare to the dream he has on the afternoon of his return to the ranch?
4. What does John Grady learn about Rawlins' time in the infirmary and what it means to their friendship?
5. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
6. What does Blevins say made him run away to Mexico?
7. What prediction does Rawlins make regarding their situation and the complication of John Grady being interested in Alejandra?
8. What does the old man in the cell with John Grady and Rawlins say about his confinement at Encantada?
9. What is the conversation between John Grady and Rawlins as Blevins is taken from the truck in the deserted area to be killed?
10. What does Alejandra say she learned about her father after she told him that she and John Grady were lovers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does it seem that Rawlins always deferred to John Grady's judgments and decisions? Name at least three instances in which this is the case.
Essay Topic 2
What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have after they are arrested? How does this impact the two of them and their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
What is the story Alejandra's godmother tells John Grady? What is the significance of the story?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)