|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original purpose of the room in which John Grady and Don Hector play a game?
2. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
3. What color is the plane flown by the owner of the ranch in Mexico where John Grady works?
4. What kind of horses does Don Hector say he intends to raise?
5. Who is watching John Grady and Rawlins as they continue working on the horses after lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John Grady come to be allowed to ride the prize stallion on the ranch?
2. Why does the kid leave the house after falling off the bench in the home of the Mexican family?
3. Why does John Grady say he does not think about Alejandra while he is recovering from his knife wounds?
4. Blevins says that he has run away from home before. What details does he give of his last attempt to run away?
5. What does Rawlins say he hates about going home?
6. What does John Grady do with the old man who was imprisoned by the Captain and the young maid who he encountered at the schoolroom before leaving with the Captain?
7. What is Rawlins' response when John Grady says Don Hector has asked John Grady to move into the barn to work with the horses?
8. Why does Blevins say he cannot be outside during the thunderstorm?
9. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
10. What is it that Perez says he wants from John Grady?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are John Grady's methods when it comes to dealing with horses? How are those methods different when dealing with humans?
Essay Topic 2
What is the story Alejandra's godmother tells John Grady? What is the significance of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the stay in prison for John Grady and Rawlins.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)