|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Alejandra's dress at the dance?
2. How does John know his former girlfriend is watching him as he walks away from her?
3. What is the name of the eatery where John and his father share a meal?
4. Who is it that stops John and asks if they can be friends just before he leaves San Angelo?
5. What kind of dogs are with Don Hector Rocha y Villareal on the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wins the chess games between Alfonsa and John Grady?
2. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
3. What does Alfonsa say about the difference between a woman's reputation and that of a man, and what is John Grady's reply?
4. What are the difficulties described by the man who traveled to America to pick up the new horse for Don Hector?
5. What does Luis say about seeing the souls of horses?
6. How does John Grady discover that Alejandra has been at the ranch house?
7. What does the attorney tell John about the family ranch?
8. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
9. What is the Senora's response when John Grady says that he intends to see Alejandra?
10. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between John Grady and Lacy Rawlins? How does it evolve over time?
Essay Topic 2
What does John Grady plan to do when he takes the Captain hostage? What happens? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the stay in prison for John Grady and Rawlins.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)