|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
2. What does Antonio call the new stud horse?
3. What color is Alejandra's dress at the dance?
4. What clue do John Grady and Rawlins have that Don Hector is near their camping place in the mountains?
5. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Blevins say made him run away to Mexico?
2. What is the difference between how Rawlins is questioned by the Captain and how John Grady is questioned?
3. What does the surgeon say about the scar on John Grady's face?
4. What bet does John Henry make while he and Rawlins are waiting to go to prison?
5. What does John Grady say when Rawlins tells him that his father has passed away?
6. What does John Grady say to the horse as he rides the animal cross country from the ranch?
7. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
8. What is John Grady's reception upon his arrival back at the ranch?
9. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
10. What is it that Perez says he wants from John Grady?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Jimmy Blevins? Describe his background, his life and the things that put him in the position to be killed.
Essay Topic 2
What are John Grady's methods when it comes to dealing with horses? How are those methods different when dealing with humans?
Essay Topic 3
Though John Grady seems the obvious leader, there are some instances in which Rawlins makes demands or takes the lead. List at least two, including their significance.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)