|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trick does Rawlins perform that makes the little Mexican girls laugh?
2. Where does Blevins wait out the thunderstorm?
3. How old does John Grady say Rawlins is?
4. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
5. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John Grady come to believe that the man who attacks him is hired?
2. How does John Grady handle the new horse on his first encounter with it?
3. Why does Alejandra say she told her father that she and John Grady were lovers?
4. What is it that Perez says he wants from John Grady?
5. What does the old man in the cell with John Grady and Rawlins say about his confinement at Encantada?
6. How does John Grady come to be allowed to ride the prize stallion on the ranch?
7. What does Rawlins say about Alejandra's likely taste in guys to date?
8. What is the difference between how Rawlins is questioned by the Captain and how John Grady is questioned?
9. Why does Blevins say he cannot be outside during the thunderstorm?
10. What is revealed during the conversation between John Grady and Alejandra at the dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the stay in prison for John Grady and Rawlins.
Essay Topic 2
What are John Grady's methods when it comes to dealing with horses? How are those methods different when dealing with humans?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Jimmy Blevins? Describe his background, his life and the things that put him in the position to be killed.
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)