Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alejandra attend school?
2. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
3. How old is John?
4. Where has John's Mama gone?
5. Where does the kid say he got his gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Blevins says that he has run away from home before. What details does he give of his last attempt to run away?
2. What is the conversation between John Grady and Rawlins as Blevins is taken from the truck in the deserted area to be killed?
3. What does the surgeon say about the scar on John Grady's face?
4. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
5. What does the Senora say Alejandra promised in return for the Senora arranging John Grady's release? What is John Grady's response?
6. What does Luis say about seeing the souls of horses?
7. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
8. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
9. What does John Grady say to the horse as he rides the animal cross country from the ranch?
10. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
Essay Topic 1
What does Perez say about the differences between Mexican and American ideas of good and evil? Compare that to general opinions about races and the stigmas associated with good and evil.
Essay Topic 2
Though John Grady seems the obvious leader, there are some instances in which Rawlins makes demands or takes the lead. List at least two, including their significance.
Essay Topic 3
What are John Grady's methods when it comes to dealing with horses? How are those methods different when dealing with humans?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)