|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they see Blevins' horse?
2. Why do Rawlins and John tell the young Mexican they are fleeing?
3. What kind of horses are in the painting in the dining room, according to John's grandfather?
4. What does Blevins have in his possession the morning after the thunderstorm?
5. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luis say about seeing the souls of horses?
2. What does Rawlins say he hates about going home?
3. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
4. What does John Grady say when Rawlins tells him that his father has passed away?
5. Why do John Grady and Rawlins say that the kid cannot ride with them?
6. What is the basis of the first conversation between Don Hector and John Grady?
7. On what two things is it said John Grady and Don Hector totally agree?
8. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
9. Why does Alejandra say she told her father that she and John Grady were lovers?
10. What prediction does Rawlins make regarding their situation and the complication of John Grady being interested in Alejandra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Perez say about the differences between Mexican and American ideas of good and evil? Compare that to general opinions about races and the stigmas associated with good and evil.
Essay Topic 2
Why are John Grady and Rawlins arrested? Why are they held?
Essay Topic 3
What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have after they are arrested? How does this impact the two of them and their relationship?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)