|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what game does Don Hector invite John Grady to join?
2. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
3. Where does Don Hector Rocha y Villareal's wife live?
4. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
5. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed during the conversation between John Grady and Alejandra at the dance?
2. What does John Grady do with the old man who was imprisoned by the Captain and the young maid who he encountered at the schoolroom before leaving with the Captain?
3. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
4. What is it that Perez says he wants from John Grady?
5. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
6. Why do John Grady and Rawlins say that the kid cannot ride with them?
7. How does John Grady come to be allowed to ride the prize stallion on the ranch?
8. What does Blevins say made him run away to Mexico?
9. What is Rawlins' response when John Grady says Don Hector has asked John Grady to move into the barn to work with the horses?
10. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the story Alejandra's godmother tells John Grady? What is the significance of the story?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Captain's reasons for arranging the murder of Blevins? How does he use that as an example to John Grady and Rawlins?
Essay Topic 3
What are John Grady's methods when it comes to dealing with horses? How are those methods different when dealing with humans?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)