Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alejandra attend school?
2. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
3. How old is John?
4. Where has John's Mama gone?
5. Where does the kid say he got his gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Blevins says that he has run away from home before. What details does he give of his last attempt to run away?
2. What is the conversation between John Grady and Rawlins as Blevins is taken from the truck in the deserted area to be killed?
3. What does the surgeon say about the scar on John Grady's face?
4. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
5. What does the Senora say Alejandra promised in return for the Senora arranging John Grady's release? What is John Grady's response?
6. What does Luis say about seeing the souls of horses?
7. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
8. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
9. What does John Grady say to the horse as he rides the animal cross country from the ranch?
10. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
How is the relationship between John Grady and Alejandra discovered? Why is it that they kept it a secret? Could they have handled it differently?
How does Jimmy Blevins come to be involved with John Grady and Rawlins? What are the attitudes of Rawlins and John Grady toward Jimmy Blevins? How do their attitudes differ? Why?
What does Perez say about the differences between Mexican and American ideas of good and evil? Compare that to general opinions about races and the stigmas associated with good and evil.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)