|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the farm workers give John Grady to make his ride more comfortable?
(b) A seat
(c) Their bundles
(d) Their hats
2. When Rawlins says they are in prison over a horse, what is John Grady's reply?
(a) He says Rawlins is right
(b) That the horse had nothing to do with it
(c) That they're better off than Blevins
(d) That he'd do it again
3. How many farm workers are picked up near Paredon?
4. How does John Grady gain entrance to the school room where he expects to encounter the Captain?
(a) By opening an unlocked door
(b) By bribing the maid for a key
(c) By breaking a window
(d) By breaking down a door
5. What does the Senora say are the bonds that tie people closest together?
(a) The bonds of grief
(b) The bonds of love
(c) The bonds of friendship
(d) The bonds of parenting
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days do John Grady and Rawlins travel as captives?
2. What excuse does Alejandra say she'll give in order that she can leave to meet John Grady a day ahead of her planned arrival at the ranch?
3. What time do John Grady and his fellow travelers reach Monclova?
4. What color dress is Alejandra wearing when she arrives at the station to meet John Grady?
5. How are men judged within the prison hierarchy?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)