|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Grady passes up the offer of a bed one night and sleeps in a grove of trees. What is in the road the following morning?
(a) Sheep followed by a truck
(b) A group of men on horseback
(c) A wagon
(d) Children playing a game
2. What do the farm workers give John Grady to make his ride more comfortable?
(a) Their hats
(c) A seat
(d) Their bundles
3. In what room does John Grady meet with the Senora?
(a) The kitchen
(b) The dining room
(c) The parlor
(d) Her suite
4. What excuse does Alejandra say she'll give in order that she can leave to meet John Grady a day ahead of her planned arrival at the ranch?
(a) The her aunt is ill
(b) That she has family business
(c) The she is sick
(d) That she is to be married
5. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
(a) He does not say
(b) To be tortured
(c) A guard wants the pants
(d) To check for a birthmark
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
2. Why does John Grady say he is going to return to the ranch?
3. Who is the man who cuts Rawlins the day after their encounter with Perez?
4. What is the first real meal John Grady is given after his injury from the knife fight?
5. For what city does Rawlins buy a bus ticket?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)