|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Grady buy with the last of the money he has at Los Picos?
(a) Tinned fruit, tortillas, salt and cornmeal
(b) Coffee, tortillas, tinned fruit and beans
(c) Coffee, salt, cornmal and tinned fruit
(d) Cornmeal, tinned fruit and beans
2. Where is the hotel John Grady and Rawlins stay on their first night out of prison?
(a) Aldama Street
(b) Alamedia Street
(c) Cabella Street
(d) Castela Street
3. What does John Grady confess to the judge after the hearing is over?
(a) That the horse really is not his
(b) That he is a runaway
(c) That he killed a boy while in prison
(d) That he wants to go home
4. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
(a) He does not say
(b) To be tortured
(c) A guard wants the pants
(d) To check for a birthmark
5. What do the men give John Grady when they catch up with him and the Captain?
(a) A horse
(b) A saddle
(d) A blanket
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first of the three to be taken to the Captain for questioning the day after John Grady and Rawlins' arrival?
2. What do John Grady and Rawlins eat their first lunchtime of captivity?
3. What does the Captain tell John Grady they know about Rawlins from his confession?
4. What is the dead animal John Grady finds during his ride that afternoon?
5. How does Blevins say he recovered his gun?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)