|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the charro hand John Grady as John Grady is riding out of the stable yard with the Captain?
(a) A pistol
(b) The reins to Blevins' horse
(c) A knife
(d) His hat
2. Why does John Grady say he is going to return to the ranch?
(a) The girl
(b) To prove his innocence
(c) The horses
(d) The horses and the girl
3. What does John Grady go to Perez's quarters to ask?
(a) For a job
(b) Rawlins' condition
(c) For money
(d) For protection
4. In what room does John Grady meet with the Senora?
(a) The parlor
(b) The kitchen
(c) The dining room
(d) Her suite
5. How does John Grady gain entrance to the school room where he expects to encounter the Captain?
(a) By breaking down a door
(b) By bribing the maid for a key
(c) By breaking a window
(d) By opening an unlocked door
Short Answer Questions
1. The day John Grady reaches San Buenaventura, he sees some children. What are they playing?
2. What do the farm workers give John Grady to make his ride more comfortable?
3. What are John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins chained to when they leave their temporary prison?
4. What time do John Grady and his fellow travelers reach Monclova?
5. What decision does John Grady make as he prepares to leave Mexico?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)