|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
(a) He does not say
(b) To check for a birthmark
(c) A guard wants the pants
(d) To be tortured
2. What does John Grady use to cauterize the gunshot wound in his thigh?
(a) The heated belt buckle
(b) The heated edge of a rock
(c) The heated barrel of a pistol
(d) The heated blade of a knife
3. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
4. How are men judged within the prison hierarchy?
(a) Their willingness to kill
(b) The level of their guilt
(c) Their ability to withstand torture
(d) Their possessions
5. What do the farm workers give John Grady to make his ride more comfortable?
(b) Their hats
(c) Their bundles
(d) A seat
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Abuela worked for John Grady's family?
2. What does Reverend Jimmy Blevins' wife think John Henry wants from her husband?
3. What are the first things John Grady and Rawlins buy with the money Jimmy Blevins gave them?
4. What is the dead animal John Grady finds during his ride that afternoon?
5. Who carries John Grady out of the prison yard after the fight?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)