|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the horse John rides as he is out checking cattle in the rain?
(a) Red Dog
2. What is the name of the town where John Grady and Rawlins go on a Sunday afternoon?
(a) La Purisima
(b) La Vega
(d) Mexico City
3. What is the general conversation when John Grady and Rawlins take their seats at the dinner table their first night on the ranch?
(a) Why John Grady and Rawlins are in Mexico
(b) Horses, cattle and America
(c) Plans for the following day's work
(d) There is no conversation at the table
4. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
5. How much land is in the la Purisima ranch?
(a) Eleven thousand hectres
(b) Eleven thousand acres
(c) Eleven hundred hectres
(d) Eleven hundred acres
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
2. What kind of dogs are with Don Hector Rocha y Villareal on the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
3. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
4. About what habit does John fuss at his father?
5. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
2. Blevins says that he has run away from home before. What details does he give of his last attempt to run away?
3. What is the basis of the first conversation between Don Hector and John Grady?
4. What is the conversation between John Grady and Rawlins as Blevins is taken from the truck in the deserted area to be killed?
5. What does John Grady do with the old man who was imprisoned by the Captain and the young maid who he encountered at the schoolroom before leaving with the Captain?
6. After Blevins loses his horse, the three encounter a work camp. What offer is made by the workmen concerning Blevins?
7. What is the first question posed by Don Hector upon the return of the man who traveled to America to get his horse?
8. What does Rawlins say he hates about going home?
9. What is revealed during the conversation between John Grady and Alejandra at the dance?
10. Why does John's father say John's mother returned to them when John was a child?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)