|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far do John and Rawlins travel by noon their first day?
(a) Four miles
(b) Forty-four miles
(c) Forty miles
(d) Fourteen miles
2. What information does the lawyer tell John about his mother and father?
(a) That they are still married
(b) That they have his best interests at heart
(c) That they are divorced
(d) That they don't have to give him any part of the ranch
3. What color are the boots Rawlins buys in town?
4. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
(a) A cheap motel
(b) The Eagle Cafe
(d) The theater
5. How much land is in the la Purisima ranch?
(a) Eleven hundred acres
(b) Eleven thousand hectres
(c) Eleven thousand acres
(d) Eleven hundred hectres
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Rawlins and John tell the young Mexican they are fleeing?
2. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
3. What is NOT among the clothing items John Grady and Rawlns buy on their trip into town?
4. What is it that John Grady and Rawlins talk about for a time on the night of their second trip away from the Ranch?
5. What is the gift his father gives John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man in the cell with John Grady and Rawlins say about his confinement at Encantada?
2. List at least six of the items John Grady and Rawlins buy at the small store near the Mexican border.
3. Why does the kid leave the house after falling off the bench in the home of the Mexican family?
4. What are the difficulties described by the man who traveled to America to pick up the new horse for Don Hector?
5. What is revealed during the conversation between John Grady and Alejandra at the dance?
6. What does John Grady say when Rawlins tells him that his father has passed away?
7. What is the difference between how Rawlins is questioned by the Captain and how John Grady is questioned?
8. What do John Grady and Rawlins do with the deer Rawlins shoots?
9. What do John Grady and Rawlins decide to do when John Grady discovers that someone is following them?
10. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)