|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mexican woman gives John Grady and Rawlins a lunch after they leave her home. What do they carry the lunch in?
(a) A cloth
(b) A box
(c) A bag
(d) A bucket
2. What information does the lawyer tell John about his mother and father?
(a) That they have his best interests at heart
(b) That they are divorced
(c) That they don't have to give him any part of the ranch
(d) That they are still married
3. Who is it that stops John and asks if they can be friends just before he leaves San Angelo?
(a) Cathy Martin
(b) Martha Agnes
(c) Mary Catherine
(d) Mary Elizabeth
4. What do John and Rawlins have for their first meal on their trip?
(b) Jack rabbit
5. How did the father of the man who cooks for the group in the mountains die?
(a) Breaking a horse
(b) In a war
(c) He isn't dead
(d) During a robbery
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of horse is ridden by the young girl John Grady and Rawlins see on their way to the ranch for the first time?
2. How does John know his former girlfriend is watching him as he walks away from her?
3. How much money do Rawlins and John Grady bet on their impromptu race on the Sunday they go into town?
4. What two things do the soldiers ask John Grady as he is being arrested?
5. Which direction are John Grady and Rawlins taken after their arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the difficulties described by the man who traveled to America to pick up the new horse for Don Hector?
2. After Blevins loses his horse, the three encounter a work camp. What offer is made by the workmen concerning Blevins?
3. Why does Alejandra say she told her father that she and John Grady were lovers?
4. It is noted that John's grandfather has the distinction of being the first to die in a particular way. What was that way?
5. List at least six of the items John Grady and Rawlins buy at the small store near the Mexican border.
6. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
7. What is the difference between how Rawlins is questioned by the Captain and how John Grady is questioned?
8. What is the Senora's response when John Grady says that he intends to see Alejandra?
9. What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have when they first encounter the kid?
10. How does John Grady handle the new horse on his first encounter with it?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)