|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the barn where John Grady works with the horses?
2. What piece of furniture is described in some detail as being in the hallway of the ranch house?
(a) A tallcase clock
(b) A brass candlabra
(c) A wooden rocking chair
(d) A silver tea service
3. How old does John Grady say Rawlins is?
4. What does Don Hector reveal about plans for Alejandra?
(a) That she is to be sent to France
(b) That she is to be married to a wealthy landowner
(c) That she is to remain in Mexico City
(d) That she is to be sent to America
5. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
(b) General Grant
(c) Robert Lee
(d) San Angelo
Short Answer Questions
1. How many friends are with Hector Rocha y Villareal the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
2. What does Blevins have in his possession the morning after the thunderstorm?
3. What does Antonio call the new stud horse?
4. How did the father of the man who cooks for the group in the mountains die?
5. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John Grady and Rawlins do with the deer Rawlins shoots?
2. After Blevins loses his horse, the three encounter a work camp. What offer is made by the workmen concerning Blevins?
3. What is John Grady's reception upon his arrival back at the ranch?
4. What is it that Perez says he wants from John Grady?
5. What does the Senora say Alejandra promised in return for the Senora arranging John Grady's release? What is John Grady's response?
6. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
7. Why does John Grady say he does not think about Alejandra while he is recovering from his knife wounds?
8. What does Luis say about seeing the souls of horses?
9. What is the conversation between John Grady and Rawlins as Blevins is taken from the truck in the deserted area to be killed?
10. What do John Grady and Rawlins decide to do when John Grady discovers that someone is following them?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)