|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rawlins throw up in the air for the kid to shoot?
(a) A rock
(b) A bottle
(c) His plate
(d) His wallet
2. How many horses are in the pen at the ranch?
3. What clue do John Grady and Rawlins have that Don Hector is near their camping place in the mountains?
(a) The sound of talking
(b) The sight of a campfire
(c) The sight of greyhounds
(d) The sound of horses
4. Where does Don Hector Rocha y Villareal's wife live?
(a) With her mother at the ranch next door
(b) In a suite in the ranch house
(c) In Santa Fe
(d) Mexico City
5. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
(a) Robert Lee
(b) San Angelo
(c) General Grant
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they see Blevins' horse?
2. Where do John Grady and Rawlins wait out the thunderstorm?
3. What does the kid say is his real name?
4. Where does Blevins wait out the thunderstorm?
5. Where has John's Mama gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have when they first encounter the kid?
2. What does John Grady learn about Rawlins' time in the infirmary and what it means to their friendship?
3. Describe the girl John Grady and Rawlins see as they join up with the cattle herd.
4. What does Rawlins say about Alejandra's likely taste in guys to date?
5. What does John Grady say to the horse as he rides the animal cross country from the ranch?
6. What does Alfonsa say about the difference between a woman's reputation and that of a man, and what is John Grady's reply?
7. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
8. What does John Grady leave behind as he crosses open country to buy some time from his pursuers?
9. What is the Senora's response when John Grady says that he intends to see Alejandra?
10. What is it that Perez says he wants from John Grady?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)