|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
2. Rawlins asks whether a person can believe in heaven without believing in hell. What is John Grady's response?
(b) That a person can believe whatever he wants
(d) That he doesn't know
3. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
(a) Names, ages and how to reach their parents
(b) Their names
(c) Names and ages
(d) Names, ages and social security numbers
4. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
(a) On the ground
(b) In the front seat of a car
(c) In the saddlebags of his horse
(d) In a man's back pocket
5. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
(a) A cheap motel
(b) The Eagle Cafe
(d) The theater
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
2. What does the kid say is his real name?
3. What color is the barn where John Grady works with the horses?
4. What piece of furniture is described in some detail as being in the hallway of the ranch house?
5. What trick does Rawlins perform that makes the little Mexican girls laugh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed during the conversation between John Grady and Alejandra at the dance?
2. What is the basis of the first conversation between Don Hector and John Grady?
3. What does Luis say about seeing the souls of horses?
4. After Blevins loses his horse, the three encounter a work camp. What offer is made by the workmen concerning Blevins?
5. What does Rawlins say about Alejandra's likely taste in guys to date?
6. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
7. What bet does John Henry make while he and Rawlins are waiting to go to prison?
8. What does the Senora say about Don Hector allowing John Grady's arrest?
9. What does John Grady learn about Rawlins' time in the infirmary and what it means to their friendship?
10. What does John Grady do with the old man who was imprisoned by the Captain and the young maid who he encountered at the schoolroom before leaving with the Captain?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)