|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who goes along with John Grady and the others into the mountains as a cook?
2. How much land is in the la Purisima ranch?
(a) Eleven thousand hectres
(b) Eleven hundred hectres
(c) Eleven hundred acres
(d) Eleven thousand acres
3. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(d) John Grady
4. What clue do John Grady and Rawlins have that Don Hector is near their camping place in the mountains?
(a) The sight of greyhounds
(b) The sight of a campfire
(c) The sound of horses
(d) The sound of talking
5. What kind of dogs are with Don Hector Rocha y Villareal on the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does the lawyer tell John about his mother and father?
2. What does the kid say is his real name?
3. How much money do Rawlins and John Grady bet on their impromptu race on the Sunday they go into town?
4. Where does the kid say he is headed when he first encounters John Grady and Rawlins?
5. What two things do the soldiers ask John Grady as he is being arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the kid leave the house after falling off the bench in the home of the Mexican family?
2. What is the difference between how Rawlins is questioned by the Captain and how John Grady is questioned?
3. What does John Grady leave behind as he crosses open country to buy some time from his pursuers?
4. What does John Grady say when Rawlins tells him that his father has passed away?
5. What does Luis say about seeing the souls of horses?
6. What does John Grady do before he leaves the city of Saltillo?
7. What is the fate of John Grady and of his attacker once the fight ends?
8. What plan does Blevins propose when the three are being chased by those from whom Blevins took his horse?
9. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
10. What does Blevins say made him run away to Mexico?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)