|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dogs are with Don Hector Rocha y Villareal on the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
2. What is the name of the eatery where John and his father share a meal?
(a) The Eagle Cafe
(b) The Range Restaurant
(c) The Eagle Diner
(d) The St. Angelus Restaurant
3. Who is in the photo that was shot by the kid?
(a) Betsy Rawlins
(b) Mary Catherine
(c) Mary Blevins
(d) Betty Ward
4. What do John and Rawlins have for their first meal on their trip?
(b) Jack rabbit
5. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) Shot it out of a tree
(b) With his bare hands
(c) Knocked it out of a tree for the dogs to kill
(d) With a rock
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Grady's response when Rawlins asks if it is possible to believe in heaven without believing in hell?
2. How many days does John Grady say it will take to rough break the horses?
3. What is the book Don Hector asks if John Grady has read?
4. What is the gift his father gives John?
5. What is the name of the horse John rides as he is out checking cattle in the rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have when they first encounter the kid?
2. What is revealed during the conversation between John Grady and Alejandra at the dance?
3. How does John Grady discover that Alejandra has been at the ranch house?
4. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
5. What does the surgeon say about the scar on John Grady's face?
6. Why does Blevins say he cannot be outside during the thunderstorm?
7. What do John Grady and Rawlins decide to do when John Grady discovers that someone is following them?
8. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
9. What is the difference between how Rawlins is questioned by the Captain and how John Grady is questioned?
10. Why does the kid leave the house after falling off the bench in the home of the Mexican family?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)