|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has John's Mama gone?
(a) San Francisco
(b) St. Augustine
(c) St. Louis
(d) San Antonio
2. What is the gift his father gives John?
(a) A new saddle
(b) New boots
(c) A new horse
(d) A new truck
3. What is John Grady's response when Rawlins asks if it is possible to believe in heaven without believing in hell?
(b) That a person can believe whatever they want
(c) He says he doesn't know
4. What does Antonio call the new stud horse?
(a) Padre bueno
(b) Wonderful beauty
(d) Caballo padre
5. Where does Alejandra attend school?
(b) Mexico City
(c) La Vega
(d) La Purisima
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
2. What are the three wearing as they cross the Rio Grande?
3. The Mexican woman gives John Grady and Rawlins a lunch after they leave her home. What do they carry the lunch in?
4. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
5. What was the original purpose of the room in which John Grady and Don Hector play a game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man in the cell with John Grady and Rawlins say about his confinement at Encantada?
2. What does Luis say about seeing the souls of horses?
3. What event prompts Alfonsa to call for a meeting with John Grady?
4. What is the difference between how Rawlins is questioned by the Captain and how John Grady is questioned?
5. Why does John Grady say he does not think about Alejandra while he is recovering from his knife wounds?
6. How does John Grady come to be allowed to ride the prize stallion on the ranch?
7. How does John Grady come to believe that the man who attacks him is hired?
8. What is revealed during the conversation between John Grady and Alejandra at the dance?
9. What does John Grady do with the old man who was imprisoned by the Captain and the young maid who he encountered at the schoolroom before leaving with the Captain?
10. What is the dream John Grady had in prison about Jimmy Blevins, and how does that compare to the dream he has on the afternoon of his return to the ranch?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)