|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the plane flown by the owner of the ranch in Mexico where John Grady works?
2. What is NOT among the clothing items John Grady and Rawlns buy on their trip into town?
(a) Socks and underwear
(b) Shirts and pants
3. How much money do Rawlins and John Grady bet on their impromptu race on the Sunday they go into town?
(a) They don't bet
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Fifty cents
(d) A dollar
4. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
(a) The Eagle Cafe
(b) A cheap motel
(c) The theater
5. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Grady instruct Rawlins to do before buying his new boots?
2. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
3. What are the three wearing as they cross the Rio Grande?
4. What do the three drink at the small store in Reforma?
5. What color are the boots Rawlins buys in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the attorney tell John about the family ranch?
2. How does John Grady discover that Alejandra has been at the ranch house?
3. Why does John's father say John's mother returned to them when John was a child?
4. After Blevins loses his horse, the three encounter a work camp. What offer is made by the workmen concerning Blevins?
5. What is the Senora's response when John Grady asks if she thinks he's a criminal?
6. Why does John Grady say he does not think about Alejandra while he is recovering from his knife wounds?
7. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
8. What do John Grady and Rawlins do with the deer Rawlins shoots?
9. What does John Grady say to the horse as he rides the animal cross country from the ranch?
10. What does the Senora say Alejandra promised in return for the Senora arranging John Grady's release? What is John Grady's response?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)