|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the kid say he got his gun?
(a) At Sears and Roebuck
(b) From his father
(c) At the gittin place
(d) At a pawn shop
2. What do the three drink at the small store in Reforma?
(a) Apple juice
3. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
(a) The Eagle Cafe
(c) The theater
(d) A cheap motel
4. Where do John Grady and Rawlins wait out the thunderstorm?
(a) Under wide tree limbs
(b) Under the edge of a rock overhang
(c) In a cave
(d) Under the roots of a tree
5. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
(a) The Major
(b) The Ritz
(c) The Broadway
(d) The Menger
Short Answer Questions
1. Which direction are John Grady and Rawlins taken after their arrest?
2. Where has John's Mama gone?
3. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
4. What is the gift his father gives John?
5. How many horses are in the pen at the ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dream John Grady had in prison about Jimmy Blevins, and how does that compare to the dream he has on the afternoon of his return to the ranch?
2. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
3. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
4. Why does John Grady say he does not think about Alejandra while he is recovering from his knife wounds?
5. What is the conversation between John Grady and Rawlins as Blevins is taken from the truck in the deserted area to be killed?
6. What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have when they first encounter the kid?
7. How does John Grady handle the new horse on his first encounter with it?
8. Who wins the chess games between Alfonsa and John Grady?
9. How does John Grady discover that Alejandra has been at the ranch house?
10. What does the old man in the cell with John Grady and Rawlins say about his confinement at Encantada?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)