|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who goes along with John Grady and the others into the mountains as a cook?
2. What do the three drink at the small store in Reforma?
(b) Apple juice
3. Who is in the photo that was shot by the kid?
(a) Betsy Rawlins
(b) Betty Ward
(c) Mary Blevins
(d) Mary Catherine
4. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
5. What do John Grady and Alejandra have to drink during the intermission at the dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horses are in the pen at the ranch?
2. What are the three wearing as they cross the Rio Grande?
3. What is used as lighting at the dance John Grady and Rawlins attend?
4. How many days does John Grady say it will take to rough break the horses?
5. Who is Duena Alfonsa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the dream John Grady had in prison about Jimmy Blevins, and how does that compare to the dream he has on the afternoon of his return to the ranch?
2. What bet does John Henry make while he and Rawlins are waiting to go to prison?
3. It is noted that John's grandfather has the distinction of being the first to die in a particular way. What was that way?
4. What does John Grady learn about Rawlins' time in the infirmary and what it means to their friendship?
5. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
6. What does John Grady say when Rawlins tells him that his father has passed away?
7. What is the first question posed by Don Hector upon the return of the man who traveled to America to get his horse?
8. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
9. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
10. What is Rawlins' response when John Grady says Don Hector has asked John Grady to move into the barn to work with the horses?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)