|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do John and Rawlins have for their first meal on their trip?
(a) Jack rabbit
2. What was Duena Alfonsa's profession as a young woman?
(a) Chess teacher
(b) House wife
(d) School teacher
3. What do the three drink at the small store in Reforma?
(c) Apple juice
4. What is the name of John's family attorney?
5. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
(a) General Grant
(b) Robert Lee
(d) San Angelo
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horses are in the pen at the ranch?
2. What do John Grady and Alejandra have to drink during the intermission at the dance?
3. How does Blevins determine that they' ae being followed after he gets his horse back?
4. What is the name of the horse John rides as he is out checking cattle in the rain?
5. What two things do the soldiers ask John Grady as he is being arrested?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John Grady do with the old man who was imprisoned by the Captain and the young maid who he encountered at the schoolroom before leaving with the Captain?
2. Describe the girl John Grady and Rawlins see as they join up with the cattle herd.
3. What event prompts Alfonsa to call for a meeting with John Grady?
4. What plan does Blevins propose when the three are being chased by those from whom Blevins took his horse?
5. What is the difference between how Rawlins is questioned by the Captain and how John Grady is questioned?
6. What are the difficulties described by the man who traveled to America to pick up the new horse for Don Hector?
7. Who wins the chess games between Alfonsa and John Grady?
8. What is John Grady's reception upon his arrival back at the ranch?
9. Why does Alejandra say she told her father that she and John Grady were lovers?
10. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)