|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
2. What is John Grady's response when Rawlins asks if it is possible to believe in heaven without believing in hell?
(c) That a person can believe whatever they want
(d) He says he doesn't know
3. What piece of furniture is described in some detail as being in the hallway of the ranch house?
(a) A brass candlabra
(b) A silver tea service
(c) A wooden rocking chair
(d) A tallcase clock
4. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
(a) In a man's back pocket
(b) In the front seat of a car
(c) On the ground
(d) In the saddlebags of his horse
5. How old is John?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does John Grady say it will take to rough break the horses?
2. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
3. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
4. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
5. Who is in the photo that was shot by the kid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John Grady say when Rawlins tells him that his father has passed away?
2. What does Perez say a prison resembles and why?
3. What is the fate of John Grady and of his attacker once the fight ends?
4. What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have when they first encounter the kid?
5. What is the dream John Grady had in prison about Jimmy Blevins, and how does that compare to the dream he has on the afternoon of his return to the ranch?
6. On what two things is it said John Grady and Don Hector totally agree?
7. What does Blevins say made him run away to Mexico?
8. Describe the girl John Grady and Rawlins see as they join up with the cattle herd.
9. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
10. What plan does Blevins propose when the three are being chased by those from whom Blevins took his horse?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)