|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many friends are with Hector Rocha y Villareal the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
2. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) Killed it with his bare hands
(b) Climbed a tree and knocked it out for the dogs to kill
(c) Hit it with a rock
(d) Shot it
3. Who is in the photo that was shot by the kid?
(a) Betty Ward
(b) Mary Blevins
(c) Betsy Rawlins
(d) Mary Catherine
4. What is the name of John's family attorney?
5. What do John Grady and Alejandra have to drink during the intermission at the dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that stops John and asks if they can be friends just before he leaves San Angelo?
2. What is used as lighting at the dance John Grady and Rawlins attend?
3. How many horses are in the pen at the ranch?
4. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
5. Rawlins asks whether a person can believe in heaven without believing in hell. What is John Grady's response?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the difficulties described by the man who traveled to America to pick up the new horse for Don Hector?
2. What does the old man in the cell with John Grady and Rawlins say about his confinement at Encantada?
3. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
4. Describe the girl John Grady and Rawlins see as they join up with the cattle herd.
5. What does John Grady say when Rawlins tells him that his father has passed away?
6. What is the Senora's response when John Grady asks if she thinks he's a criminal?
7. What does John Grady say to the horse as he rides the animal cross country from the ranch?
8. What does John Grady learn about Rawlins' time in the infirmary and what it means to their friendship?
9. What does John Grady leave behind as he crosses open country to buy some time from his pursuers?
10. It is noted that John's grandfather has the distinction of being the first to die in a particular way. What was that way?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)