|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does the lawyer tell John about his mother and father?
(a) That they don't have to give him any part of the ranch
(b) That they are still married
(c) That they have his best interests at heart
(d) That they are divorced
2. What is John Grady's response when Rawlins asks if it is possible to believe in heaven without believing in hell?
(c) He says he doesn't know
(d) That a person can believe whatever they want
3. Rawlins asks whether a person can believe in heaven without believing in hell. What is John Grady's response?
(a) That a person can believe whatever he wants
(b) That he doesn't know
4. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
(a) Robert Lee
(b) San Angelo
(c) General Grant
5. What do John and Rawlins have for their first meal on their trip?
(a) Jack rabbit
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
2. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
3. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
4. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
5. How much land is in the la Purisima ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have when they first encounter the kid?
2. What is Rawlins' response when John Grady says Don Hector has asked John Grady to move into the barn to work with the horses?
3. What does the surgeon say about the scar on John Grady's face?
4. What plan does Blevins propose when the three are being chased by those from whom Blevins took his horse?
5. What is the difference between how Rawlins is questioned by the Captain and how John Grady is questioned?
6. What does John Grady say to the horse as he rides the animal cross country from the ranch?
7. Why does John's father say John's mother returned to them when John was a child?
8. What does Blevins say made him run away to Mexico?
9. Describe the girl John Grady and Rawlins see as they join up with the cattle herd.
10. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)