|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John Grady say taught him to play chess?
(a) His father
(b) His grandfather
(c) No one
2. What is the book Don Hector asks if John Grady has read?
(a) Horses and Breeding
(b) Horse of Mexico
(c) Horse and Man
(d) Horse of America
3. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
(a) San Angelo
(b) Robert Lee
(d) General Grant
4. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
(a) Their names
(b) Names, ages and social security numbers
(c) Names, ages and how to reach their parents
(d) Names and ages
5. How much money do Rawlins and John Grady bet on their impromptu race on the Sunday they go into town?
(a) They don't bet
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) A dollar
(d) Fifty cents
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dogs are with Don Hector Rocha y Villareal on the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
2. What do Rawlins, John Grady and the other young boy from the ranch share before going into the dance?
3. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
4. What is NOT among the clothing items John Grady and Rawlns buy on their trip into town?
5. Who is in the photograph on John's grandfather's desk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
2. What is it that Perez says he wants from John Grady?
3. What does Luis say about seeing the souls of horses?
4. What does John Grady say when Rawlins tells him that his father has passed away?
5. What does the surgeon say about the scar on John Grady's face?
6. How does John Grady come to be allowed to ride the prize stallion on the ranch?
7. What do John Grady and Rawlins do with the deer Rawlins shoots?
8. What do John Grady and Rawlins decide to do when John Grady discovers that someone is following them?
9. What is the basis of the first conversation between Don Hector and John Grady?
10. What does John Grady do with the old man who was imprisoned by the Captain and the young maid who he encountered at the schoolroom before leaving with the Captain?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)