|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rawlins throw up in the air for the kid to shoot?
(a) His wallet
(b) His plate
(c) A rock
(d) A bottle
2. Why do Rawlins and John tell the young Mexican they are fleeing?
(a) They do not say.
(b) They robbed a bank.
(c) They stole two horses.
(d) They killed a man.
3. What does Don Hector reveal about plans for Alejandra?
(a) That she is to remain in Mexico City
(b) That she is to be sent to America
(c) That she is to be married to a wealthy landowner
(d) That she is to be sent to France
4. Who does John Grady say taught him to play chess?
(a) His grandfather
(c) No one
(d) His father
5. What is the name of the eatery where John and his father share a meal?
(a) The St. Angelus Restaurant
(b) The Eagle Cafe
(c) The Eagle Diner
(d) The Range Restaurant
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that stops John and asks if they can be friends just before he leaves San Angelo?
2. What horse does John Grady say sired all those in the corral?
3. How far do John and Rawlins travel by noon their first day?
4. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
5. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John Grady say to the horse as he rides the animal cross country from the ranch?
2. What prediction does Rawlins make regarding their situation and the complication of John Grady being interested in Alejandra?
3. What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have when they first encounter the kid?
4. List at least six of the items John Grady and Rawlins buy at the small store near the Mexican border.
5. Why does Blevins say he cannot be outside during the thunderstorm?
6. It is noted that John's grandfather has the distinction of being the first to die in a particular way. What was that way?
7. What does the attorney tell John about the family ranch?
8. What does Rawlins say he hates about going home?
9. What does John Grady leave behind as he crosses open country to buy some time from his pursuers?
10. What does the surgeon say about the scar on John Grady's face?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)