|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the kid say he got his gun?
(a) From his father
(b) At Sears and Roebuck
(c) At a pawn shop
(d) At the gittin place
2. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(a) John Grady
3. Into what game does Don Hector invite John Grady to join?
(d) Horse shoes
4. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
(a) On the ground
(b) In the front seat of a car
(c) In the saddlebags of his horse
(d) In a man's back pocket
5. How old does John Grady say Rawlins is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Alejandra's dress at the dance?
2. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
3. What does John Grady say about the smell of the first horse he catches?
4. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
5. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John's father say John's mother returned to them when John was a child?
2. What is the basis of the first conversation between Don Hector and John Grady?
3. What does John Grady do before he leaves the city of Saltillo?
4. What does John Grady learn about Rawlins' time in the infirmary and what it means to their friendship?
5. What does Rawlins say about Alejandra's likely taste in guys to date?
6. What does John Grady leave behind as he crosses open country to buy some time from his pursuers?
7. Why does Blevins say he cannot be outside during the thunderstorm?
8. List at least six of the items John Grady and Rawlins buy at the small store near the Mexican border.
9. What is Rawlins' response when John Grady says Don Hector has asked John Grady to move into the barn to work with the horses?
10. What does the Senora say Alejandra promised in return for the Senora arranging John Grady's release? What is John Grady's response?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)