|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Don Hector Rocha y Villareal?
2. What is the name of the man who goes along with John Grady and the others into the mountains as a cook?
3. The Mexican woman gives John Grady and Rawlins a lunch after they leave her home. What do they carry the lunch in?
(a) A cloth
(b) A bag
(c) A box
(d) A bucket
4. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
(a) San Angelo
(c) San Antonio
(d) Santa Fe
5. What is the name of the man who travels to America to pick up Don Hector's new thoroughbred?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the boots Rawlins buys in town?
2. Where do they see Blevins' horse?
3. Why does John Grady say the horses in the corral are so skittish?
4. What is NOT among the clothing items John Grady and Rawlns buy on their trip into town?
5. What does Rawlins throw up in the air for the kid to shoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John Grady discover that Alejandra has been at the ranch house?
2. Why does John Grady say he does not think about Alejandra while he is recovering from his knife wounds?
3. Why does the kid leave the house after falling off the bench in the home of the Mexican family?
4. Blevins says that he has run away from home before. What details does he give of his last attempt to run away?
5. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
6. What do John Grady and Rawlins decide to do when John Grady discovers that someone is following them?
7. What is the basis of the first conversation between Don Hector and John Grady?
8. What is the fate of John Grady and of his attacker once the fight ends?
9. What is the Senora's response when John Grady asks if she thinks he's a criminal?
10. How does John Grady come to be allowed to ride the prize stallion on the ranch?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)