|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do John Grady and Rawlins wait out the thunderstorm?
(a) Under the roots of a tree
(b) In a cave
(c) Under the edge of a rock overhang
(d) Under wide tree limbs
2. What was Duena Alfonsa's profession as a young woman?
(a) Chess teacher
(c) School teacher
(d) House wife
3. About what habit does John fuss at his father?
4. What horse does John Grady say sired all those in the corral?
(a) Little Black
(b) Joe Black
(c) Black Joe
(d) Little Joe
5. What do the three drink at the small store in Reforma?
(c) Apple juice
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that stops John and asks if they can be friends just before he leaves San Angelo?
2. Who is in the photograph on John's grandfather's desk?
3. What color is Alejandra's dress at the dance?
4. What color are the boots Rawlins buys in town?
5. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basis of the first conversation between Don Hector and John Grady?
2. What does Alejandra say she learned about her father after she told him that she and John Grady were lovers?
3. What does John Grady say when Rawlins tells him that his father has passed away?
4. Describe the girl John Grady and Rawlins see as they join up with the cattle herd.
5. Why does the kid leave the house after falling off the bench in the home of the Mexican family?
6. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
7. What do John Grady and Rawlins do with the deer Rawlins shoots?
8. What are the difficulties described by the man who traveled to America to pick up the new horse for Don Hector?
9. What event prompts Alfonsa to call for a meeting with John Grady?
10. What does Blevins say made him run away to Mexico?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)