|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alejandra attend school?
(a) La Purisima
(b) La Vega
(c) Mexico City
2. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
(b) The Eagle Cafe
(c) The theater
(d) A cheap motel
3. How old is John?
4. Where has John's Mama gone?
(a) St. Augustine
(b) St. Louis
(c) San Antonio
(d) San Francisco
5. Where does the kid say he got his gun?
(a) At a pawn shop
(b) At the gittin place
(c) From his father
(d) At Sears and Roebuck
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the kid say is his real name?
2. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
3. What is the name of the man who travels to America to pick up Don Hector's new thoroughbred?
4. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
5. What is the name of the man who goes along with John Grady and the others into the mountains as a cook?
Short Essay Questions
1. Blevins says that he has run away from home before. What details does he give of his last attempt to run away?
2. What is the conversation between John Grady and Rawlins as Blevins is taken from the truck in the deserted area to be killed?
3. What does the surgeon say about the scar on John Grady's face?
4. What does John Grady do after Alejandra leaves town?
5. What does the Senora say Alejandra promised in return for the Senora arranging John Grady's release? What is John Grady's response?
6. What does Luis say about seeing the souls of horses?
7. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
8. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
9. What does John Grady say to the horse as he rides the animal cross country from the ranch?
10. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)