|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trick does Rawlins perform that makes the little Mexican girls laugh?
(a) Falls off the bench
(b) Pretends to pull off their noses
(c) Pulls a quarter from behind their ears
(d) Pretends to pull his finger off and put it back on
2. How much money do Rawlins and John Grady bet on their impromptu race on the Sunday they go into town?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) A dollar
(d) They don't bet
3. Why do Rawlins and John tell the young Mexican they are fleeing?
(a) They do not say.
(b) They stole two horses.
(c) They killed a man.
(d) They robbed a bank.
4. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(a) John Grady
5. What do the three drink at the small store in Reforma?
(b) Apple juice
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alejandra attend school?
2. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
3. What color is the plane flown by the owner of the ranch in Mexico where John Grady works?
4. How many friends are with Hector Rocha y Villareal the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
5. What is John Grady's response when Rawlins asks if it is possible to believe in heaven without believing in hell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the argument John Grady and Rawlins have when they first encounter the kid?
2. What does John Grady learn about Rawlins' time in the infirmary and what it means to their friendship?
3. Why do John Grady and Rawlins say that the kid cannot ride with them?
4. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
5. Why does Blevins say he cannot be outside during the thunderstorm?
6. What does the Senora say about Don Hector allowing John Grady's arrest?
7. What is John Grady's reception upon his arrival back at the ranch?
8. Why does the judge say he believes John Grady's story?
9. What does Rawlins say about a "good looking horse?"
10. Why does John's father say John's mother returned to them when John was a child?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)