|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what game does Don Hector invite John Grady to join?
(c) Horse shoes
2. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
(a) In the saddlebags of his horse
(b) In the front seat of a car
(c) In a man's back pocket
(d) On the ground
3. What is the name of John's family attorney?
4. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
5. What is the gift his father gives John?
(a) A new horse
(b) A new truck
(c) New boots
(d) A new saddle
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original purpose of the room in which John Grady and Don Hector play a game?
2. How old is John?
3. What does Antonio call the new stud horse?
4. What kind of horses are in the painting in the dining room, according to John's grandfather?
5. How far do John and Rawlins travel by noon their first day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Perez say about his ability to control the men in the prison?
2. It is noted that John's grandfather has the distinction of being the first to die in a particular way. What was that way?
3. How does John Grady handle the new horse on his first encounter with it?
4. What does John Grady do before he leaves the city of Saltillo?
5. Describe the girl John Grady and Rawlins see as they join up with the cattle herd.
6. What is the first question posed by Don Hector upon the return of the man who traveled to America to get his horse?
7. What infirmity does Alfonsa have and what does she say about scars?
8. Why does John Grady say he does not think about Alejandra while he is recovering from his knife wounds?
9. What does John Grady say when Rawlins tells him that his father has passed away?
10. What does the attorney tell John about the family ranch?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)