|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Grady buy with the last of the money he has at Los Picos?
(a) Tinned fruit, tortillas, salt and cornmeal
(b) Cornmeal, tinned fruit and beans
(c) Coffee, salt, cornmal and tinned fruit
(d) Coffee, tortillas, tinned fruit and beans
2. What kind of vehicle does John Grady ride in almost the entire day after parting from Alejandra?
(a) A LaSabre convertible
(b) A LaSalle phaeton
(c) A mule-drawn cart
(d) A flatbed pickup
3. What is the first thing John Grady buys in Los Picos?
(a) A bucket
(c) A jacket
(d) A steak
4. How many days do John Grady and Rawlins travel as captives?
5. What do John Grady and Rawlins eat their first lunchtime of captivity?
(a) Goat mean and tortillas
(b) Beans and tortillas
(c) Beans and cornbread
6. What is the first thing the Captain asks Rawlins?
(a) For information about Blevins
(b) For his passport
(c) For his confession
(d) For the location of stolen horses
7. Where do John Grady and Rawlins discover Blevins worked after they parted?
(a) He doesn't say
(b) Mexico City
8. What does John Grady confess to the judge after the hearing is over?
(a) That he is a runaway
(b) That he wants to go home
(c) That the horse really is not his
(d) That he killed a boy while in prison
9. Why does Rawlins say he has a gun with him?
(a) For sentimental purposes
(b) To hunt game
(c) For protection
(d) He doesn't say
10. Where is John Grady shot?
(a) In the shoulder
(b) In the hand
(c) In the leg
(d) In the side
11. What is the name of the hotel where John Grady waits for Alejandra?
(a) The Reina Christna
(b) The Ritz
(c) The Castelar
(d) The Plaza de Armas
12. What do the farm workers give John Grady to make his ride more comfortable?
(a) Their hats
(b) A seat
(c) Their bundles
13. What are the first things John Grady and Rawlins buy with the money Jimmy Blevins gave them?
(a) A bar of soap and can of tomato soup
(b) A bar of soap and a candle
(c) A knife
14. What time is John Grady told to return for a meeting with the Senora?
(a) Nine o'clock
(b) Ten that evening
(d) Ten the next morning
15. What do the men give John Grady when they catch up with him and the Captain?
(a) A blanket
(c) A horse
(d) A saddle
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Alejandra say she'll give in order that she can leave to meet John Grady a day ahead of her planned arrival at the ranch?
2. What does John Grady set out to do with the forty-five pesos left from the money he received from Jimmy Blevins?
3. What gift does John Grady buy for Alejandra while he waits for her?
4. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
5. When Rawlins says they are in prison over a horse, what is John Grady's reply?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)