|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is John Grady told to return for a meeting with the Senora?
(b) Nine o'clock
(c) Ten that evening
(d) Ten the next morning
2. What time do John Grady and his fellow travelers reach Monclova?
(c) At supper time
(d) Just before ten o'clock in the evening
3. Who does John Grady say must have paid their way out of prison?
(a) Alejandra's godmother
(c) Don Hector
4. What does John Grady buy with the last of the money he has at Los Picos?
(a) Coffee, tortillas, tinned fruit and beans
(b) Tinned fruit, tortillas, salt and cornmeal
(c) Cornmeal, tinned fruit and beans
(d) Coffee, salt, cornmal and tinned fruit
5. What kind of drink is John Grady given while he's recuperating from his knife wounds?
(d) Orange soda water
6. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
(a) To check for a birthmark
(b) A guard wants the pants
(c) To be tortured
(d) He does not say
7. What is the first thing the Captain asks Rawlins?
(a) For his confession
(b) For information about Blevins
(c) For the location of stolen horses
(d) For his passport
8. What does the charro hand John Grady as John Grady is riding out of the stable yard with the Captain?
(a) His hat
(b) A knife
(c) The reins to Blevins' horse
(d) A pistol
9. Where is the man hiding when he shoots John Grady?
(a) Behind a door
(b) Behind a pickup
(c) On a roof
(d) Behind Blevins' horse
10. What is the name of the town where John Grady and Rawlins stop with their captors?
(a) Mexico City
11. What does John Grady use to cauterize the gunshot wound in his thigh?
(a) The heated edge of a rock
(b) The heated blade of a knife
(c) The heated belt buckle
(d) The heated barrel of a pistol
12. Where does Emilio Perez live?
(a) Just outside the prison
(b) In the cell next to John Grady and Rawlins
(c) In a large cell on the ground floor
(d) In a house on the prison grounds but apart from the prisoners
13. What decision does John Grady make as he prepares to leave Mexico?
(a) That he just wants to go home
(b) That he wants justice for Blevins
(c) That he will not leave his horse
(d) That he will not leave
14. Why does Blevins say he is unable to walk?
(a) He's too weak
(b) His leg is broken
(c) His feet are busted up
(d) He has no boots
15. How many farm workers are picked up near Paredon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
2. What does Blevins say he believes will happen to him?
3. Where is John Grady shot?
4. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
5. What does John Grady have for dinner with the Reverend and Mrs. Blevins?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)