|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the envelope John Grady is given as he prepares to leave the ranch?
2. What excuse does Alejandra say she'll give in order that she can leave to meet John Grady a day ahead of her planned arrival at the ranch?
(a) That she is to be married
(b) The her aunt is ill
(c) That she has family business
(d) The she is sick
3. How many shots do John Grady and Rawlins hear when Jimmy Blevins is shot?
4. How many farm workers are picked up near Paredon?
5. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
(a) To check for a birthmark
(b) He does not say
(c) A guard wants the pants
(d) To be tortured
6. What kind of drink is John Grady given while he's recuperating from his knife wounds?
(a) Orange soda water
7. John Grady passes up the offer of a bed one night and sleeps in a grove of trees. What is in the road the following morning?
(a) Sheep followed by a truck
(b) A group of men on horseback
(c) Children playing a game
(d) A wagon
8. What is the name of the hotel where John Grady waits for Alejandra?
(a) The Plaza de Armas
(b) The Castelar
(c) The Reina Christna
(d) The Ritz
9. When Rawlins says they are in prison over a horse, what is John Grady's reply?
(a) That they're better off than Blevins
(b) He says Rawlins is right
(c) That the horse had nothing to do with it
(d) That he'd do it again
10. What does John Grady confess to the judge after the hearing is over?
(a) That he is a runaway
(b) That he wants to go home
(c) That he killed a boy while in prison
(d) That the horse really is not his
11. What is the first thing John Grady buys when he reaches La Vega?
(b) A Coca-Cola
(c) A horse
12. What does the Captain tell John Grady they know about Rawlins from his confession?
(a) That he told John Henry's role in his crimes
(b) That he is a criminal named Smith
(c) That he helped steal horses
(d) That he shot several men along with Blevins
13. Where is John Grady shot?
(a) In the shoulder
(b) In the leg
(c) In the hand
(d) In the side
14. Who does John Grady say must have paid their way out of prison?
(b) Don Hector
(d) Alejandra's godmother
15. What is in the envelope John Grady is given after the knife fight?
(a) A pardon
(c) A bus ticket
(d) A letter
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice are John Grady and Rawlins given upon arriving in the tiny hut where they are held prisoner?
2. Where does John Grady say his country is?
3. What is the first thing the Captain asks Rawlins?
4. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
5. What is the dead animal John Grady finds during his ride that afternoon?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)