|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do John Grady and his fellow travelers reach Monclova?
(c) Just before ten o'clock in the evening
(d) At supper time
2. Who carries John Grady out of the prison yard after the fight?
(b) A guard
(d) Perez's man
3. How many shots do John Grady and Rawlins hear when Jimmy Blevins is shot?
4. What are John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins chained to when they leave their temporary prison?
(a) A large stone
(b) A spare tire
(c) A pickup
(d) Each other
5. Where is John Grady shot?
(a) In the side
(b) In the leg
(c) In the hand
(d) In the shoulder
6. What does the Captain tell John Grady they know about Rawlins from his confession?
(a) That he helped steal horses
(b) That he is a criminal named Smith
(c) That he shot several men along with Blevins
(d) That he told John Henry's role in his crimes
7. Why does Blevins say he is unable to walk?
(a) He has no boots
(b) His leg is broken
(c) His feet are busted up
(d) He's too weak
8. Why does Rawlins say he has a gun with him?
(a) He doesn't say
(b) For protection
(c) To hunt game
(d) For sentimental purposes
9. What does John Grady confess to the judge after the hearing is over?
(a) That he wants to go home
(b) That he is a runaway
(c) That he killed a boy while in prison
(d) That the horse really is not his
10. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
(a) The Captain and a horse
(b) Cash and a gun
(c) Only the Captain
(d) A horse and a blanket
11. How are men judged within the prison hierarchy?
(a) Their possessions
(b) Their ability to withstand torture
(c) Their willingness to kill
(d) The level of their guilt
12. What is the scene depicted on the tapestry in the room where the Senora and John Grady meet?
(a) A herd of horses running
(b) A meeting of two horsemen
(c) Two horses drinking from a pool
(d) A fighting bull
13. What do the farm workers give John Grady to make his ride more comfortable?
(a) Their bundles
(c) Their hats
(d) A seat
14. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
15. What kind of drink is John Grady given while he's recuperating from his knife wounds?
(b) Orange soda water
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first real meal John Grady is given after his injury from the knife fight?
2. How long does it take John Grady to tell the judge his story about how he came to have Blevins' horse?
3. John Grady passes up the offer of a bed one night and sleeps in a grove of trees. What is in the road the following morning?
4. Where do John Grady and Rawlins discover Blevins worked after they parted?
5. What is in the envelope John Grady is given after the knife fight?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)