|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the injury the Captain suffers?
(a) A broken arm
(b) A dislocated shoulder
(c) A bullet in the hand
(d) A bullet in the upper arm
2. What does John Grady confess to the judge after the hearing is over?
(a) That he wants to go home
(b) That the horse really is not his
(c) That he killed a boy while in prison
(d) That he is a runaway
3. Where does John Grady discover the Senora is going to be gone the entire day he arrives back at the ranch?
(b) To church
(c) To Mexico City
4. Where do John Grady and Rawlins discover Blevins worked after they parted?
(a) Mexico City
(b) He doesn't say
5. Why does Rawlins say he has a gun with him?
(a) He doesn't say
(b) For protection
(c) For sentimental purposes
(d) To hunt game
6. For what city does Rawlins buy a bus ticket?
(a) Nuevo Laredo
(b) San Angelo
(c) El Paso
(d) Mexico City
7. How much does the surgeon charge for removing the stitches in John Grady's face?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) Fifteen dollars
(c) Fifty pesos
(d) One hundred fifty pesos
8. Where is the first place John Grady and Rawlins go after leaving the bus that took them from the prison?
(a) A cafe
(b) A bus stop
(c) A motel
(d) A clothing store
9. What does John Grady use to cauterize the gunshot wound in his thigh?
(a) The heated belt buckle
(b) The heated barrel of a pistol
(c) The heated edge of a rock
(d) The heated blade of a knife
10. What time do John Grady and Rawlins arrive in Saltillo?
(a) Just after noon
(c) Ten o'clock at night
(d) Ten o'clock in the morning
11. Why does John Grady say he is going to return to the ranch?
(a) The horses and the girl
(b) The girl
(c) The horses
(d) To prove his innocence
12. What time is John Grady told to return for a meeting with the Senora?
(a) Ten that evening
(c) Ten the next morning
(d) Nine o'clock
13. What does John Grady buy with the last of the money he has at Los Picos?
(a) Coffee, tortillas, tinned fruit and beans
(b) Cornmeal, tinned fruit and beans
(c) Coffee, salt, cornmal and tinned fruit
(d) Tinned fruit, tortillas, salt and cornmeal
14. Where is the man hiding when he shoots John Grady?
(a) Behind a pickup
(b) Behind a door
(c) On a roof
(d) Behind Blevins' horse
15. What does John Grady go to Perez's quarters to ask?
(a) For a job
(b) Rawlins' condition
(c) For money
(d) For protection
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scene depicted on the tapestry in the room where the Senora and John Grady meet?
2. What are John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins chained to when they leave their temporary prison?
3. What does Blevins pull from his boot and give John Grady and Rawlins just before he is killed?
4. Where does John Grady cross the Pecos four days after Abuela's funeral?
5. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)