Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the man hiding when he shoots John Grady?
(a) Behind a pickup
(b) On a roof
(c) Behind a door
(d) Behind Blevins' horse
2. Why does John Grady say he is going to return to the ranch?
(a) The girl
(b) To prove his innocence
(c) The horses and the girl
(d) The horses
3. How does John Grady leave the city?
(a) Flatbed truck
4. What does the Captain use as a sling for his injury?
(a) A shirt
(b) A bandana
(c) A rope
(d) A belt
5. What do the farm workers give John Grady to make his ride more comfortable?
(a) Their bundles
(c) Their hats
(d) A seat
6. How many farm workers are picked up near Paredon?
7. What is the name of the hotel where John Grady waits for Alejandra?
(a) The Castelar
(b) The Plaza de Armas
(c) The Reina Christna
(d) The Ritz
8. John Grady passes up the offer of a bed one night and sleeps in a grove of trees. What is in the road the following morning?
(a) Children playing a game
(b) A group of men on horseback
(c) A wagon
(d) Sheep followed by a truck
9. Where does Emilio Perez live?
(a) In the cell next to John Grady and Rawlins
(b) In a large cell on the ground floor
(c) Just outside the prison
(d) In a house on the prison grounds but apart from the prisoners
10. How long had Abuela worked for John Grady's family?
(a) Fifteen years
(b) Fourty-five years
(c) Fifty years
(d) Fifty-five years
11. Where does Rawlins say he wants to go next?
(b) To find work at another ranch
(c) Wherever John Grady goes
(d) To see Alejandra
12. What is the first thing John Grady buys in Los Picos?
(b) A bucket
(c) A steak
(d) A jacket
13. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
(a) To check for a birthmark
(b) He does not say
(c) To be tortured
(d) A guard wants the pants
14. Why does Blevins say he is unable to walk?
(a) He's too weak
(b) His leg is broken
(c) His feet are busted up
(d) He has no boots
15. How long does it take John Grady to tell the judge his story about how he came to have Blevins' horse?
(a) Just over an hour
(b) Almost an hour
(c) Most of the afternoon
(d) Almost half an hour
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do John Grady and Rawlins arrive in Saltillo?
2. What is the first real meal John Grady is given after his injury from the knife fight?
3. What does John Grady have for dinner with the Reverend and Mrs. Blevins?
4. What game does John Grady kill for food soon after parting ways with the Captain?
5. In what room does John Grady meet with the Senora?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)