|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does John Grady make as he prepares to leave Mexico?
(a) That he will not leave
(b) That he just wants to go home
(c) That he will not leave his horse
(d) That he wants justice for Blevins
2. How many days do John Grady and Rawlins travel as captives?
3. Who does John Grady say must have paid their way out of prison?
(a) Alejandra's godmother
(c) Don Hector
4. What do John Grady and Rawlins eat their first lunchtime of captivity?
(a) Beans and cornbread
(c) Goat mean and tortillas
(d) Beans and tortillas
5. What does John Grady have for dinner with the Reverend and Mrs. Blevins?
(a) Chicken and dressing
(b) Chicken soup
(c) Chicken and rice
(d) Chicken and dumplins
6. What does Blevins pull from his boot and give John Grady and Rawlins just before he is killed?
(a) An address
(b) A knife
(d) A letter
7. In what room does John Grady meet with the Senora?
(a) The parlor
(b) Her suite
(c) The kitchen
(d) The dining room
8. What color dress is Alejandra wearing when she arrives at the station to meet John Grady?
9. Why does Blevins say he is unable to walk?
(a) His leg is broken
(b) He's too weak
(c) His feet are busted up
(d) He has no boots
10. The day John Grady reaches San Buenaventura, he sees some children. What are they playing?
(a) They are splashing in the water.
(b) They are playing cards.
(c) They are playing baseball.
(d) They are playing tag.
11. Who is the first of the three to be taken to the Captain for questioning the day after John Grady and Rawlins' arrival?
(a) All three
(d) John Grady
12. How are men judged within the prison hierarchy?
(a) Their possessions
(b) Their willingness to kill
(c) Their ability to withstand torture
(d) The level of their guilt
13. Why does Perez say he chooses to remain in prison?
(a) He has a good life
(b) He is respected in the prison
(c) He can't find a way to escape
(d) He has political enemies
14. Where does Rawlins say he wants to go next?
(a) To see Alejandra
(c) To find work at another ranch
(d) Wherever John Grady goes
15. What is the name of the hotel where John Grady waits for Alejandra?
(a) The Plaza de Armas
(b) The Reina Christna
(c) The Ritz
(d) The Castelar
Short Answer Questions
1. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
2. John Grady passes up the offer of a bed one night and sleeps in a grove of trees. What is in the road the following morning?
3. What is the first real meal John Grady is given after his injury from the knife fight?
4. What gift does John Grady buy for Alejandra while he waits for her?
5. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)