|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John Grady gain entrance to the school room where he expects to encounter the Captain?
(a) By opening an unlocked door
(b) By breaking down a door
(c) By bribing the maid for a key
(d) By breaking a window
2. For what city does Rawlins buy a bus ticket?
(a) El Paso
(b) Mexico City
(c) San Angelo
(d) Nuevo Laredo
3. What do the men give John Grady when they catch up with him and the Captain?
(a) A horse
(b) A blanket
(d) A saddle
4. Who is the first of the three to be taken to the Captain for questioning the day after John Grady and Rawlins' arrival?
(c) All three
(d) John Grady
5. What is the scene depicted on the tapestry in the room where the Senora and John Grady meet?
(a) Two horses drinking from a pool
(b) A fighting bull
(c) A herd of horses running
(d) A meeting of two horsemen
6. In what room does John Grady meet with the Senora?
(a) Her suite
(b) The dining room
(c) The kitchen
(d) The parlor
7. What is the dead animal John Grady finds during his ride that afternoon?
(a) A colt
(b) A greyhound
(c) A heifer
(d) A mare
8. Who carries John Grady out of the prison yard after the fight?
(a) Perez's man
(b) A guard
9. What do the farm workers give John Grady to make his ride more comfortable?
(a) Their hats
(b) A seat
(d) Their bundles
10. How many shots do John Grady and Rawlins hear when Jimmy Blevins is shot?
11. What is the name of the hotel where John Grady waits for Alejandra?
(a) The Reina Christna
(b) The Castelar
(c) The Ritz
(d) The Plaza de Armas
12. What are the first things John Grady and Rawlins buy with the money Jimmy Blevins gave them?
(a) A bar of soap and a candle
(b) A knife
(d) A bar of soap and can of tomato soup
13. What is the injury the Captain suffers?
(a) A bullet in the hand
(b) A broken arm
(c) A dislocated shoulder
(d) A bullet in the upper arm
14. What is the name of the prison where John Grady and Rawlins are taken?
(a) Santa Capsular
(d) Prison de Reforma
15. What color is the envelope John Grady is given as he prepares to leave the ranch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Grady sleep his first night on the road?
2. How long does John Grady realize he has been gone from La Vega?
3. What are John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins chained to when they leave their temporary prison?
4. John Grady passes up the offer of a bed one night and sleeps in a grove of trees. What is in the road the following morning?
5. Why does Blevins say he is unable to walk?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)