|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Blevins say he recovered his gun?
(a) A man gave it to him
(b) He doesn't say
(c) Snatched it from a man's belt
(d) Slipped into a house and took it
2. Why does John Grady say he is going to return to the ranch?
(a) The horses and the girl
(b) The horses
(c) The girl
(d) To prove his innocence
3. How many farm workers are picked up near Paredon?
4. What does John Grady buy with the last of the money he has at Los Picos?
(a) Coffee, tortillas, tinned fruit and beans
(b) Tinned fruit, tortillas, salt and cornmeal
(c) Coffee, salt, cornmal and tinned fruit
(d) Cornmeal, tinned fruit and beans
5. What do the men give John Grady when they catch up with him and the Captain?
(b) A blanket
(c) A horse
(d) A saddle
6. What kind of vehicle does John Grady ride in almost the entire day after parting from Alejandra?
(a) A flatbed pickup
(b) A LaSabre convertible
(c) A LaSalle phaeton
(d) A mule-drawn cart
7. What color dress is Alejandra wearing when she arrives at the station to meet John Grady?
8. What is the first thing the Captain asks Rawlins?
(a) For his passport
(b) For his confession
(c) For information about Blevins
(d) For the location of stolen horses
9. Why does Perez say he chooses to remain in prison?
(a) He is respected in the prison
(b) He can't find a way to escape
(c) He has political enemies
(d) He has a good life
10. Who is the first of the three to be taken to the Captain for questioning the day after John Grady and Rawlins' arrival?
(a) John Grady
(b) All three
11. How much does the surgeon charge for removing the stitches in John Grady's face?
(a) Fifty pesos
(b) Fifteen dollars
(c) One hundred fifty pesos
(d) Fifty cents
12. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
(a) To check for a birthmark
(b) A guard wants the pants
(c) To be tortured
(d) He does not say
13. Where is the hotel John Grady and Rawlins stay on their first night out of prison?
(a) Cabella Street
(b) Alamedia Street
(c) Castela Street
(d) Aldama Street
14. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
(a) The Captain and a horse
(b) A horse and a blanket
(c) Only the Captain
(d) Cash and a gun
15. What is the first thing John Grady buys when he reaches La Vega?
(a) A Coca-Cola
(d) A horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Captain use as a sling for his injury?
2. What does Reverend Jimmy Blevins' wife think John Henry wants from her husband?
3. What is the dead animal John Grady finds during his ride that afternoon?
4. Why does Blevins say he is unable to walk?
5. What does John Grady have for dinner with the Reverend and Mrs. Blevins?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)