|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Alejandra say she'll give in order that she can leave to meet John Grady a day ahead of her planned arrival at the ranch?
(a) The her aunt is ill
(b) That she is to be married
(c) That she has family business
(d) The she is sick
2. How are men judged within the prison hierarchy?
(a) Their possessions
(b) Their ability to withstand torture
(c) Their willingness to kill
(d) The level of their guilt
3. Who does John Grady say must have paid their way out of prison?
(a) Don Hector
(b) Alejandra's godmother
4. Where does John Grady sleep his first night on the road?
(a) A motel
(b) A man invites him to stay with his family
(c) A church
(d) A bench
5. What is the name of the town where John Grady and Rawlins stop with their captors?
(c) Mexico City
6. What did the Senora study in school?
7. What does Blevins pull from his boot and give John Grady and Rawlins just before he is killed?
(a) An address
(c) A letter
(d) A knife
8. Where do John Grady and Rawlins discover Blevins worked after they parted?
(a) He doesn't say
(c) Mexico City
9. How does Blevins say he recovered his gun?
(a) Slipped into a house and took it
(b) A man gave it to him
(c) Snatched it from a man's belt
(d) He doesn't say
10. What is in the envelope John Grady is given after the knife fight?
(b) A letter
(c) A pardon
(d) A bus ticket
11. What color dress is Alejandra wearing when she arrives at the station to meet John Grady?
12. What refreshment are John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins given when they stop in Ocampo?
(d) Orange soda water
13. What is the name of the prison where John Grady and Rawlins are taken?
(b) Prison de Reforma
(d) Santa Capsular
14. What is the first real meal John Grady is given after his injury from the knife fight?
(a) Beef, beans and pears
(b) Chicken and applesauce
(c) Chicken and beans
(d) Chicken, rice and pears
15. Who carries John Grady out of the prison yard after the fight?
(c) A guard
(d) Perez's man
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Grady say his country is?
2. Why does Rawlins say he has a gun with him?
3. What does Blevins say he believes will happen to him?
4. What is the name of the hotel where John Grady waits for Alejandra?
5. Why does Blevins say he is unable to walk?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)