|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John Grady leave the city?
(a) Flatbed truck
2. What color is the envelope John Grady is given as he prepares to leave the ranch?
3. How long does John Grady realize he has been gone from La Vega?
(a) Nine weeks
(b) Seven weeks
(c) Seventeen days
(d) Twelve days
4. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
(a) A horse and a blanket
(b) Only the Captain
(c) The Captain and a horse
(d) Cash and a gun
5. What is the fate of the Captain?
(a) His fate is never revealed.
(b) The men kill him.
(c) He passes out and John Grady leaves him behind.
(d) John Grady hands him over to the authorities.
6. Why does Perez say he chooses to remain in prison?
(a) He can't find a way to escape
(b) He has political enemies
(c) He has a good life
(d) He is respected in the prison
7. What do John Grady and Rawlins eat their first lunchtime of captivity?
(b) Beans and cornbread
(c) Beans and tortillas
(d) Goat mean and tortillas
8. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
9. What is the dead animal John Grady finds during his ride that afternoon?
(a) A colt
(b) A mare
(c) A heifer
(d) A greyhound
10. What game does John Grady kill for food soon after parting ways with the Captain?
(a) A pheasant
(b) A rabbit
(c) A doe
(d) A fish
11. What time do John Grady and his fellow travelers reach Monclova?
(a) At supper time
(b) Just before ten o'clock in the evening
12. Who does John Grady say must have paid their way out of prison?
(c) Alejandra's godmother
(d) Don Hector
13. What does John Grady use to cauterize the gunshot wound in his thigh?
(a) The heated belt buckle
(b) The heated blade of a knife
(c) The heated barrel of a pistol
(d) The heated edge of a rock
14. What are the first things John Grady and Rawlins buy with the money Jimmy Blevins gave them?
(a) A bar of soap and a candle
(b) A bar of soap and can of tomato soup
(c) A knife
15. What did the Senora study in school?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are men judged within the prison hierarchy?
2. What is the first real meal John Grady is given after his injury from the knife fight?
3. What are John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins chained to when they leave their temporary prison?
4. Where is the man hiding when he shoots John Grady?
5. What does Blevins pull from his boot and give John Grady and Rawlins just before he is killed?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)