|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins chained to when they leave their temporary prison?
(a) A large stone
(b) A spare tire
(c) Each other
(d) A pickup
2. What does John Grady set out to do with the forty-five pesos left from the money he received from Jimmy Blevins?
(a) Buy his escape
(b) Buy food for Rawlins
(c) Buy a knife
(d) Buy protection
3. Where do John Grady and Rawlins discover Blevins worked after they parted?
(b) Mexico City
(d) He doesn't say
4. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
5. Where does Emilio Perez live?
(a) In the cell next to John Grady and Rawlins
(b) In a large cell on the ground floor
(c) In a house on the prison grounds but apart from the prisoners
(d) Just outside the prison
6. What time is John Grady told to return for a meeting with the Senora?
(a) Ten the next morning
(c) Ten that evening
(d) Nine o'clock
7. What game does John Grady kill for food soon after parting ways with the Captain?
(a) A doe
(b) A rabbit
(c) A fish
(d) A pheasant
8. What color is the table in Perez's room?
9. What color dress is Alejandra wearing when she arrives at the station to meet John Grady?
10. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
(a) To be tortured
(b) To check for a birthmark
(c) A guard wants the pants
(d) He does not say
11. Why does Blevins say he is unable to walk?
(a) He has no boots
(b) His leg is broken
(c) His feet are busted up
(d) He's too weak
12. What did the Senora study in school?
13. What does John Grady have for dinner with the Reverend and Mrs. Blevins?
(a) Chicken and rice
(b) Chicken soup
(c) Chicken and dressing
(d) Chicken and dumplins
14. What is the fate of the Captain?
(a) He passes out and John Grady leaves him behind.
(b) His fate is never revealed.
(c) The men kill him.
(d) John Grady hands him over to the authorities.
15. Where is the man hiding when he shoots John Grady?
(a) On a roof
(b) Behind a door
(c) Behind a pickup
(d) Behind Blevins' horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries John Grady out of the prison yard after the fight?
2. What does the charro hand John Grady as John Grady is riding out of the stable yard with the Captain?
3. What time do John Grady and Rawlins arrive in Saltillo?
4. What does the Senora say are the bonds that tie people closest together?
5. What does Blevins say he believes will happen to him?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)