|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Senora study in school?
2. How does Blevins say he recovered his gun?
(a) A man gave it to him
(b) Snatched it from a man's belt
(c) Slipped into a house and took it
(d) He doesn't say
3. What does the charro hand John Grady as John Grady is riding out of the stable yard with the Captain?
(a) His hat
(b) A pistol
(c) A knife
(d) The reins to Blevins' horse
4. Where does John Grady sleep his first night on the road?
(a) A man invites him to stay with his family
(b) A motel
(c) A church
(d) A bench
5. What does John Grady use to cauterize the gunshot wound in his thigh?
(a) The heated belt buckle
(b) The heated blade of a knife
(c) The heated edge of a rock
(d) The heated barrel of a pistol
6. What does the Captain use as a sling for his injury?
(a) A belt
(b) A bandana
(c) A shirt
(d) A rope
7. What does Blevins pull from his boot and give John Grady and Rawlins just before he is killed?
(a) An address
(b) A letter
(d) A knife
8. Why does Rawlins say he has a gun with him?
(a) For protection
(b) To hunt game
(c) He doesn't say
(d) For sentimental purposes
9. For what city does Rawlins buy a bus ticket?
(a) Nuevo Laredo
(b) San Angelo
(c) El Paso
(d) Mexico City
10. Where does John Grady cross the Pecos four days after Abuela's funeral?
(a) Reforma, Mexico
(b) El Paso, Texas
(c) Iraan, Texas
(d) Idabel, Oklahoma
11. What is the dead animal John Grady finds during his ride that afternoon?
(a) A heifer
(b) A mare
(c) A colt
(d) A greyhound
12. What time is John Grady told to return for a meeting with the Senora?
(a) Nine o'clock
(b) Ten the next morning
(c) Ten that evening
13. Who does John Grady say must have paid their way out of prison?
(b) Don Hector
(d) Alejandra's godmother
14. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
(a) The Captain and a horse
(b) Only the Captain
(c) Cash and a gun
(d) A horse and a blanket
15. What does Reverend Jimmy Blevins' wife think John Henry wants from her husband?
(a) For him to bless the horse
(b) For him to pray for John Grady
(c) For him to take the horse
(d) For him to help find the kid's parents
Short Answer Questions
1. Who carries John Grady out of the prison yard after the fight?
2. What does the Senora say are the bonds that tie people closest together?
3. When Rawlins says they are in prison over a horse, what is John Grady's reply?
4. How many farm workers are picked up near Paredon?
5. What is the first thing John Grady buys in Los Picos?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)