|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room does John Grady meet with the Senora?
(a) The kitchen
(b) Her suite
(c) The parlor
(d) The dining room
2. What is the first thing John Grady buys in Los Picos?
(a) A jacket
(b) A bucket
(c) A steak
3. What does John Grady confess to the judge after the hearing is over?
(a) That he wants to go home
(b) That he is a runaway
(c) That the horse really is not his
(d) That he killed a boy while in prison
4. The day John Grady reaches San Buenaventura, he sees some children. What are they playing?
(a) They are playing cards.
(b) They are splashing in the water.
(c) They are playing baseball.
(d) They are playing tag.
5. What kind of vehicle does John Grady ride in almost the entire day after parting from Alejandra?
(a) A mule-drawn cart
(b) A LaSabre convertible
(c) A flatbed pickup
(d) A LaSalle phaeton
6. How long does it take John Grady to tell the judge his story about how he came to have Blevins' horse?
(a) Almost half an hour
(b) Just over an hour
(c) Most of the afternoon
(d) Almost an hour
7. What gift does John Grady buy for Alejandra while he waits for her?
(a) A silver ring
(b) A gold bracelet
(c) A silver necklace
(d) Jade earrings
8. What is the scene depicted on the tapestry in the room where the Senora and John Grady meet?
(a) A meeting of two horsemen
(b) Two horses drinking from a pool
(c) A herd of horses running
(d) A fighting bull
9. How much does the surgeon charge for removing the stitches in John Grady's face?
(a) Fifteen dollars
(b) Fifty cents
(c) Fifty pesos
(d) One hundred fifty pesos
10. What does Reverend Jimmy Blevins' wife think John Henry wants from her husband?
(a) For him to take the horse
(b) For him to bless the horse
(c) For him to help find the kid's parents
(d) For him to pray for John Grady
11. How does John Grady leave the city?
(c) Flatbed truck
12. What do John Grady and Rawlins eat their first lunchtime of captivity?
(b) Beans and cornbread
(c) Goat mean and tortillas
(d) Beans and tortillas
13. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
14. What did the Senora study in school?
15. What time do John Grady and his fellow travelers reach Monclova?
(c) Just before ten o'clock in the evening
(d) At supper time
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Grady discover the Senora is going to be gone the entire day he arrives back at the ranch?
2. What is the first thing John Grady buys when he reaches La Vega?
3. What advice are John Grady and Rawlins given upon arriving in the tiny hut where they are held prisoner?
4. Who is the man who cuts Rawlins the day after their encounter with Perez?
5. What do the men take when they catch up with John Grady and the Captain?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)