|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Grady passes up the offer of a bed one night and sleeps in a grove of trees. What is in the road the following morning?
(a) Sheep followed by a truck
(b) A group of men on horseback
(c) Children playing a game
(d) A wagon
2. How long had Abuela worked for John Grady's family?
(a) Fifty years
(b) Fourty-five years
(c) Fifteen years
(d) Fifty-five years
3. Where does John Grady cross the Pecos four days after Abuela's funeral?
(a) Idabel, Oklahoma
(b) El Paso, Texas
(c) Reforma, Mexico
(d) Iraan, Texas
4. How many farm workers are picked up near Paredon?
5. Where is the first place John Grady and Rawlins go after leaving the bus that took them from the prison?
(a) A clothing store
(b) A cafe
(c) A bus stop
(d) A motel
6. Who carries John Grady out of the prison yard after the fight?
(b) A guard
(c) Perez's man
7. What does Reverend Jimmy Blevins' wife think John Henry wants from her husband?
(a) For him to help find the kid's parents
(b) For him to bless the horse
(c) For him to pray for John Grady
(d) For him to take the horse
8. How many shots do John Grady and Rawlins hear when Jimmy Blevins is shot?
9. What is the name of the prison where John Grady and Rawlins are taken?
(a) Santa Capsular
(d) Prison de Reforma
10. How does Blevins say he recovered his gun?
(a) A man gave it to him
(b) Snatched it from a man's belt
(c) Slipped into a house and took it
(d) He doesn't say
11. What do John Grady and Rawlins eat their first lunchtime of captivity?
(a) Beans and tortillas
(b) Beans and cornbread
(d) Goat mean and tortillas
12. What is in the envelope John Grady is given after the knife fight?
(a) A pardon
(b) A bus ticket
(c) A letter
13. What time do John Grady and Rawlins arrive in Saltillo?
(a) Ten o'clock in the morning
(b) Just after noon
(d) Ten o'clock at night
14. How does John Grady leave the city?
(d) Flatbed truck
15. What time do John Grady and his fellow travelers reach Monclova?
(b) At supper time
(d) Just before ten o'clock in the evening
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the first things John Grady and Rawlins buy with the money Jimmy Blevins gave them?
2. When Rawlins says they are in prison over a horse, what is John Grady's reply?
3. What excuse does Alejandra say she'll give in order that she can leave to meet John Grady a day ahead of her planned arrival at the ranch?
4. What is the first thing John Grady buys when he reaches La Vega?
5. What does John Grady use to cauterize the gunshot wound in his thigh?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)