|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing John Grady buys when he reaches La Vega?
(b) A Coca-Cola
(c) A horse
2. What do John Grady and Rawlins eat their first lunchtime of captivity?
(a) Beans and cornbread
(b) Goat mean and tortillas
(d) Beans and tortillas
3. What color is the table in Perez's room?
4. What is the first thing John Grady buys in Los Picos?
(b) A steak
(c) A jacket
(d) A bucket
5. What do the farm workers give John Grady to make his ride more comfortable?
(a) Their bundles
(c) Their hats
(d) A seat
6. What excuse does Alejandra say she'll give in order that she can leave to meet John Grady a day ahead of her planned arrival at the ranch?
(a) That she has family business
(b) That she is to be married
(c) The she is sick
(d) The her aunt is ill
7. How many days do John Grady and Rawlins travel as captives?
8. Where is the man hiding when he shoots John Grady?
(a) On a roof
(b) Behind Blevins' horse
(c) Behind a pickup
(d) Behind a door
9. How long does John Grady realize he has been gone from La Vega?
(a) Seventeen days
(b) Twelve days
(c) Seven weeks
(d) Nine weeks
10. The day John Grady reaches San Buenaventura, he sees some children. What are they playing?
(a) They are playing baseball.
(b) They are playing tag.
(c) They are splashing in the water.
(d) They are playing cards.
11. What kind of vehicle does John Grady ride in almost the entire day after parting from Alejandra?
(a) A mule-drawn cart
(b) A flatbed pickup
(c) A LaSalle phaeton
(d) A LaSabre convertible
12. What does John Grady have for dinner with the Reverend and Mrs. Blevins?
(a) Chicken and dumplins
(b) Chicken and rice
(c) Chicken soup
(d) Chicken and dressing
13. What does Blevins say he believes will happen to him?
(a) He will be hanged.
(b) He will be sent ot the penitentiary.
(c) He will be returned to his parents.
(d) He will be shot by a firing squad.
14. John Grady passes up the offer of a bed one night and sleeps in a grove of trees. What is in the road the following morning?
(a) Sheep followed by a truck
(b) A group of men on horseback
(c) Children playing a game
(d) A wagon
15. Why does Perez say he chooses to remain in prison?
(a) He has political enemies
(b) He has a good life
(c) He is respected in the prison
(d) He can't find a way to escape
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Abuela worked for John Grady's family?
2. What does the Captain use as a sling for his injury?
3. What gift does John Grady buy for Alejandra while he waits for her?
4. How much does the surgeon charge for removing the stitches in John Grady's face?
5. How long does it take John Grady to tell the judge his story about how he came to have Blevins' horse?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)