Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John Grady gain entrance to the school room where he expects to encounter the Captain?
(a) By breaking down a door
(b) By opening an unlocked door
(c) By bribing the maid for a key
(d) By breaking a window
2. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
(a) A guard wants the pants
(b) He does not say
(c) To be tortured
(d) To check for a birthmark
3. What does Blevins say he believes will happen to him?
(a) He will be returned to his parents.
(b) He will be sent ot the penitentiary.
(c) He will be hanged.
(d) He will be shot by a firing squad.
4. How many days do John Grady and Rawlins travel as captives?
5. What is the name of the prison where John Grady and Rawlins are taken?
(b) Prison de Reforma
(d) Santa Capsular
6. What time do John Grady and Rawlins arrive in Saltillo?
(a) Just after noon
(c) Ten o'clock in the morning
(d) Ten o'clock at night
7. Why does John Grady say he is going to return to the ranch?
(a) The horses and the girl
(b) To prove his innocence
(c) The girl
(d) The horses
8. What do the men give John Grady when they catch up with him and the Captain?
(a) A saddle
(b) A horse
(c) A blanket
9. Why does Perez say he chooses to remain in prison?
(a) He has political enemies
(b) He is respected in the prison
(c) He can't find a way to escape
(d) He has a good life
10. What is the dead animal John Grady finds during his ride that afternoon?
(a) A mare
(b) A colt
(c) A heifer
(d) A greyhound
11. Who is the man who cuts Rawlins the day after their encounter with Perez?
(a) A man Rawlins had never seen before
(b) A prison guard
(d) Perez's bodyguard
12. What is the first real meal John Grady is given after his injury from the knife fight?
(a) Chicken and beans
(b) Chicken, rice and pears
(c) Chicken and applesauce
(d) Beef, beans and pears
13. What is the first thing John Grady buys in Los Picos?
(a) A jacket
(b) A bucket
(c) A steak
14. How long does it take John Grady to tell the judge his story about how he came to have Blevins' horse?
(a) Almost half an hour
(b) Almost an hour
(c) Just over an hour
(d) Most of the afternoon
15. What does the charro hand John Grady as John Grady is riding out of the stable yard with the Captain?
(a) The reins to Blevins' horse
(b) A pistol
(c) His hat
(d) A knife
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hotel John Grady and Rawlins stay on their first night out of prison?
2. What is the fate of the Captain?
3. What kind of drink is John Grady given while he's recuperating from his knife wounds?
4. Where does Rawlins say he wants to go next?
5. What time do John Grady and his fellow travelers reach Monclova?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)