|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries John Grady out of the prison yard after the fight?
(a) A guard
(d) Perez's man
2. What does John Grady set out to do with the forty-five pesos left from the money he received from Jimmy Blevins?
(a) Buy a knife
(b) Buy food for Rawlins
(c) Buy protection
(d) Buy his escape
3. How long does it take John Grady to tell the judge his story about how he came to have Blevins' horse?
(a) Almost an hour
(b) Almost half an hour
(c) Most of the afternoon
(d) Just over an hour
4. Where is John Grady shot?
(a) In the side
(b) In the hand
(c) In the shoulder
(d) In the leg
5. Where is the first place John Grady and Rawlins go after leaving the bus that took them from the prison?
(a) A motel
(b) A cafe
(c) A clothing store
(d) A bus stop
6. What decision does John Grady make as he prepares to leave Mexico?
(a) That he will not leave his horse
(b) That he just wants to go home
(c) That he will not leave
(d) That he wants justice for Blevins
7. What does John Grady use to cauterize the gunshot wound in his thigh?
(a) The heated barrel of a pistol
(b) The heated edge of a rock
(c) The heated blade of a knife
(d) The heated belt buckle
8. What color dress is Alejandra wearing when she arrives at the station to meet John Grady?
9. What does the Senora say are the bonds that tie people closest together?
(a) The bonds of parenting
(b) The bonds of grief
(c) The bonds of friendship
(d) The bonds of love
10. When Rawlins says they are in prison over a horse, what is John Grady's reply?
(a) That the horse had nothing to do with it
(b) That he'd do it again
(c) He says Rawlins is right
(d) That they're better off than Blevins
11. What color is the table in Perez's room?
12. Why does John Grady say he is going to return to the ranch?
(a) The girl
(b) To prove his innocence
(c) The horses
(d) The horses and the girl
13. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
14. Where is the man hiding when he shoots John Grady?
(a) On a roof
(b) Behind a pickup
(c) Behind Blevins' horse
(d) Behind a door
15. How long does John Grady realize he has been gone from La Vega?
(a) Seventeen days
(b) Twelve days
(c) Seven weeks
(d) Nine weeks
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where John Grady waits for Alejandra?
2. Why does Perez say he chooses to remain in prison?
3. Why does the Captain tell Rawlins to pull down his pants?
4. What is the dead animal John Grady finds during his ride that afternoon?
5. Why does Blevins say he is unable to walk?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)