|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the general conversation when John Grady and Rawlins take their seats at the dinner table their first night on the ranch?
(a) There is no conversation at the table
(b) Why John Grady and Rawlins are in Mexico
(c) Horses, cattle and America
(d) Plans for the following day's work
2. What is used as lighting at the dance John Grady and Rawlins attend?
(a) Bare light bulbs
(d) Light bulbs covered by painted paper bags
3. About what habit does John fuss at his father?
4. Rawlins asks whether a person can believe in heaven without believing in hell. What is John Grady's response?
(a) That he doesn't know
(c) That a person can believe whatever he wants
5. What piece of furniture is described in some detail as being in the hallway of the ranch house?
(a) A brass candlabra
(b) A tallcase clock
(c) A wooden rocking chair
(d) A silver tea service
6. What are the three wearing as they cross the Rio Grande?
(a) Jeans and boots
(c) Boots and underwear
(d) Their hats
7. What does Antonio call the new stud horse?
(b) Wonderful beauty
(c) Padre bueno
(d) Caballo padre
8. How does Blevins determine that they' ae being followed after he gets his horse back?
(a) Uses binoculars to look
(b) Walks back and looks
(c) Gets away from the horses and listens
(d) Puts his ear to the road
9. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
(a) The Broadway
(b) The Ritz
(c) The Major
(d) The Menger
10. How far do John and Rawlins travel by noon their first day?
(a) Forty-four miles
(b) Forty miles
(c) Four miles
(d) Fourteen miles
11. How old is Don Hector Rocha y Villareal?
12. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
(a) Names and ages
(b) Names, ages and how to reach their parents
(c) Their names
(d) Names, ages and social security numbers
13. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
(a) General Grant
(c) Robert Lee
(d) San Angelo
14. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
(a) San Angelo
(b) San Antonio
(d) Santa Fe
15. Why do Rawlins and John tell the young Mexican they are fleeing?
(a) They killed a man.
(b) They robbed a bank.
(c) They do not say.
(d) They stole two horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
2. What was the original purpose of the room in which John Grady and Don Hector play a game?
3. What do John Grady and Alejandra have to drink during the intermission at the dance?
4. Where do they see Blevins' horse?
5. What is the book Don Hector asks if John Grady has read?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)