|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in the photograph on John's grandfather's desk?
(b) John's grandmother
(c) John's mother
(d) John's father
2. What day does John Grady and Rawlins begin breaking the horses?
3. How old is John?
4. What piece of furniture is described in some detail as being in the hallway of the ranch house?
(a) A wooden rocking chair
(b) A silver tea service
(c) A tallcase clock
(d) A brass candlabra
5. What clue do John Grady and Rawlins have that Don Hector is near their camping place in the mountains?
(a) The sight of a campfire
(b) The sight of greyhounds
(c) The sound of horses
(d) The sound of talking
6. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(a) John Grady
7. How old does John Grady say Rawlins is?
8. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
(a) A cheap motel
(b) The Eagle Cafe
(d) The theater
9. What is the name of John's family attorney?
10. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
(a) Their blankets
(b) They have no fire
(c) A pile of twigs
(d) An entire dead tree
11. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
(a) The water is not drinkable
(b) They do not have any coins small enough
(c) The merchants do not have water to spare
(d) They do not have enough money
12. How old does John Grady tell Don Hector he is?
13. What horse does John Grady say sired all those in the corral?
(a) Little Joe
(b) Little Black
(c) Black Joe
(d) Joe Black
14. What does Don Hector reveal about plans for Alejandra?
(a) That she is to be married to a wealthy landowner
(b) That she is to be sent to America
(c) That she is to be sent to France
(d) That she is to remain in Mexico City
15. What is NOT among the clothing items John Grady and Rawlns buy on their trip into town?
(b) Socks and underwear
(d) Shirts and pants
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
2. What does the kid say is his real name?
3. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
4. What does Blevins have in his possession the morning after the thunderstorm?
5. Who is in the photo that was shot by the kid?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)