|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Alejandra's dress at the dance?
2. Who does John Grady say taught him to play chess?
(a) His grandfather
(c) No one
(d) His father
3. Where does the kid say he is headed when he first encounters John Grady and Rawlins?
(c) El Paso
4. What do John and Rawlins have for their first meal on their trip?
(a) Jack rabbit
5. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
(a) On a spit over a fire
(b) On a rock next to the fire
(c) In a bed of coals
(d) In a hole under the fire
6. What does Blevins have in his possession the morning after the thunderstorm?
(a) A boot
(b) Boots and a shirt
(c) A boot and hat
(d) A pair of boots
7. What is the name of the town where John Grady and Rawlins go on a Sunday afternoon?
(b) Mexico City
(c) La Vega
(d) La Purisima
8. Why do Rawlins and John tell the young Mexican they are fleeing?
(a) They killed a man.
(b) They do not say.
(c) They robbed a bank.
(d) They stole two horses.
9. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(a) John Grady
10. How much land is in the la Purisima ranch?
(a) Eleven thousand hectres
(b) Eleven hundred hectres
(c) Eleven thousand acres
(d) Eleven hundred acres
11. What color are the boots Rawlins buys in town?
12. What is the book Don Hector asks if John Grady has read?
(a) Horses and Breeding
(b) Horse of America
(c) Horse and Man
(d) Horse of Mexico
13. How old does John Grady tell Don Hector he is?
14. The Mexican woman gives John Grady and Rawlins a lunch after they leave her home. What do they carry the lunch in?
(a) A bag
(b) A cloth
(c) A bucket
(d) A box
15. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) With his bare hands
(b) With a rock
(c) Shot it out of a tree
(d) Knocked it out of a tree for the dogs to kill
Short Answer Questions
1. What clue do John Grady and Rawlins have that Don Hector is near their camping place in the mountains?
2. Who is watching John Grady and Rawlins as they continue working on the horses after lunch?
3. Where do they see Blevins' horse?
4. Who is in the photograph on John's grandfather's desk?
5. What kind of horse is ridden by the young girl John Grady and Rawlins see on their way to the ranch for the first time?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)