|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which direction are John Grady and Rawlins taken after their arrest?
2. What was Duena Alfonsa's profession as a young woman?
(a) House wife
(b) School teacher
(c) Chess teacher
3. What do John Grady and Alejandra have to drink during the intermission at the dance?
4. What is it that John Grady and Rawlins talk about for a time on the night of their second trip away from the Ranch?
(a) Lineage of horses
(b) Whether anyone was looking for them
(d) How much longer they should remain
5. Where do they see Blevins' horse?
(a) In a mud hut
(b) In a corral
(c) In a barn
(d) In a field
6. What is the name of the man who travels to America to pick up Don Hector's new thoroughbred?
7. What kind of dogs are with Don Hector Rocha y Villareal on the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
8. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
(a) The Ritz
(b) The Broadway
(c) The Major
(d) The Menger
9. What color is Alejandra's dress at the dance?
10. How much land is in the la Purisima ranch?
(a) Eleven thousand acres
(b) Eleven hundred hectres
(c) Eleven thousand hectres
(d) Eleven hundred acres
11. Which horse is John Grady riding when he beats Rawlins in their impromptu race on the day they go into town?
(a) His own horse
(c) Blevins' horse
(d) Rawlins' horse
12. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(d) John Grady
13. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
(a) On a rock next to the fire
(b) In a bed of coals
(c) In a hole under the fire
(d) On a spit over a fire
14. What does John Grady say about the smell of the first horse he catches?
(a) That it smells like what it is - a wild animal
(b) That it smells like a goat
(c) That it smells like what it is - a horse
(d) That it smells like a country morning
15. How many friends are with Hector Rocha y Villareal the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used as lighting at the dance John Grady and Rawlins attend?
2. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
3. How old is Don Hector Rocha y Villareal?
4. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
5. What is the name of the eatery where John and his father share a meal?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)