|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does John Grady tell Don Hector he is?
2. Which horse is John Grady riding when he beats Rawlins in their impromptu race on the day they go into town?
(a) His own horse
(b) Blevins' horse
(d) Rawlins' horse
3. What does the kid say is his real name?
(a) James Bodine
(b) Jared Belvins
(c) Jimmy Blivet
(d) Jimmy Blevins
4. What was Duena Alfonsa's profession as a young woman?
(a) School teacher
(b) House wife
(d) Chess teacher
5. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
(a) Jack rabbit
(b) Grub worms
(c) Mountain oysters
(d) Raw oysters
6. What is the name of John's family attorney?
7. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
8. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) Shot it out of a tree
(b) With a rock
(c) Knocked it out of a tree for the dogs to kill
(d) With his bare hands
9. How far do John and Rawlins travel by noon their first day?
(a) Forty-four miles
(b) Fourteen miles
(c) Forty miles
(d) Four miles
10. What does Blevins have in his possession the morning after the thunderstorm?
(a) A boot
(b) A pair of boots
(c) Boots and a shirt
(d) A boot and hat
11. What information does the lawyer tell John about his mother and father?
(a) That they don't have to give him any part of the ranch
(b) That they are divorced
(c) That they are still married
(d) That they have his best interests at heart
12. How much money do Rawlins and John Grady bet on their impromptu race on the Sunday they go into town?
(a) Fifty cents
(b) They don't bet
(c) Fifty dollars
(d) A dollar
13. What color are the boots Rawlins buys in town?
14. Who is in the photograph on John's grandfather's desk?
(b) John's grandmother
(c) John's mother
(d) John's father
15. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
(a) A year or so
(b) He doesn't say
(c) About a hundred years
(d) Until his mother sees reason
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do John Grady and Rawlins wait out the thunderstorm?
2. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
3. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
4. What does John Grady instruct Rawlins to do before buying his new boots?
5. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)