|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Don Hector Rocha y Villareal?
2. How does John know his former girlfriend is watching him as he walks away from her?
(a) He does not know.
(b) She calls out to him.
(c) He sees her reflection in a window.
(d) He turns to look.
3. What trick does Rawlins perform that makes the little Mexican girls laugh?
(a) Pretends to pull his finger off and put it back on
(b) Pretends to pull off their noses
(c) Pulls a quarter from behind their ears
(d) Falls off the bench
4. What clue do John Grady and Rawlins have that Don Hector is near their camping place in the mountains?
(a) The sound of horses
(b) The sound of talking
(c) The sight of greyhounds
(d) The sight of a campfire
5. What does John Grady rub over the horse before putting the saddle on it?
(a) A rope
(b) A blanket
(c) His shirt
(d) A sack
6. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
(a) They have no fire
(b) An entire dead tree
(c) Their blankets
(d) A pile of twigs
7. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
(b) San Antonio
(c) Santa Fe
(d) San Angelo
8. How far do John and Rawlins travel by noon their first day?
(a) Four miles
(b) Forty-four miles
(c) Fourteen miles
(d) Forty miles
9. What is the name of the man who goes along with John Grady and the others into the mountains as a cook?
10. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
11. Where does the kid say he is headed when he first encounters John Grady and Rawlins?
(b) El Paso
12. How old is John?
13. What do John and Rawlins have for their first meal on their trip?
(a) Jack rabbit
14. How much money do Rawlins and John Grady bet on their impromptu race on the Sunday they go into town?
(a) They don't bet
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) Fifty cents
(d) A dollar
15. Which horse is John Grady riding when he beats Rawlins in their impromptu race on the day they go into town?
(b) Blevins' horse
(c) His own horse
(d) Rawlins' horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of furniture is described in some detail as being in the hallway of the ranch house?
2. What color is the plane flown by the owner of the ranch in Mexico where John Grady works?
3. Why does John Grady say the horses in the corral are so skittish?
4. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
5. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)