|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the kid say is his real name?
(a) Jimmy Blivet
(b) Jimmy Blevins
(c) Jared Belvins
(d) James Bodine
2. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(a) John Grady
3. Where has John's Mama gone?
(a) St. Augustine
(b) San Antonio
(c) St. Louis
(d) San Francisco
4. How many horses are in the pen at the ranch?
5. What does John Grady say about the smell of the first horse he catches?
(a) That it smells like a goat
(b) That it smells like what it is - a horse
(c) That it smells like a country morning
(d) That it smells like what it is - a wild animal
6. What color is the barn where John Grady works with the horses?
7. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
(a) Jack rabbit
(b) Grub worms
(c) Raw oysters
(d) Mountain oysters
8. What does Don Hector reveal about plans for Alejandra?
(a) That she is to be sent to America
(b) That she is to be married to a wealthy landowner
(c) That she is to be sent to France
(d) That she is to remain in Mexico City
9. Who is in the photograph on John's grandfather's desk?
(a) John's mother
(b) John's father
(c) John's grandmother
10. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
(a) San Angelo
(b) Santa Fe
(c) San Antonio
11. What does John Grady rub over the horse before putting the saddle on it?
(a) A sack
(b) A blanket
(c) His shirt
(d) A rope
12. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
(a) In a bed of coals
(b) On a spit over a fire
(c) On a rock next to the fire
(d) In a hole under the fire
13. What is the gift his father gives John?
(a) A new horse
(b) A new truck
(c) A new saddle
(d) New boots
14. Which direction are John Grady and Rawlins taken after their arrest?
15. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
(a) In the saddlebags of his horse
(b) In the front seat of a car
(c) In a man's back pocket
(d) On the ground
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Alejandra's dress at the dance?
2. How does Blevins determine that they' ae being followed after he gets his horse back?
3. What is the name of the horse John rides as he is out checking cattle in the rain?
4. Where does Don Hector Rocha y Villareal's wife live?
5. What color is the plane flown by the owner of the ranch in Mexico where John Grady works?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)