|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the plane flown by the owner of the ranch in Mexico where John Grady works?
2. What color is Alejandra's dress at the dance?
3. What is it that John Grady and Rawlins talk about for a time on the night of their second trip away from the Ranch?
(a) Whether anyone was looking for them
(c) How much longer they should remain
(d) Lineage of horses
4. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
(a) Until his mother sees reason
(b) About a hundred years
(c) He doesn't say
(d) A year or so
5. The Mexican woman gives John Grady and Rawlins a lunch after they leave her home. What do they carry the lunch in?
(a) A cloth
(b) A bag
(c) A box
(d) A bucket
6. Where do John Grady and Rawlins wait out the thunderstorm?
(a) Under wide tree limbs
(b) Under the roots of a tree
(c) In a cave
(d) Under the edge of a rock overhang
7. What kind of horses are in the painting in the dining room, according to John's grandfather?
(a) Painted horses
(b) Arabian horses
(c) Picturebook horses
(d) Wild horses
8. What is the name of the man who goes along with John Grady and the others into the mountains as a cook?
9. Which direction are John Grady and Rawlins taken after their arrest?
10. What was the original purpose of the room in which John Grady and Don Hector play a game?
(a) A parlor
(b) A chapel
(c) A bedroom
(d) A dining room
11. What does Antonio call the new stud horse?
(b) Padre bueno
(c) Wonderful beauty
(d) Caballo padre
12. What kind of horses does Don Hector say he intends to raise?
(a) He doesn't say
(b) Race horses
13. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(a) John Grady
14. What does Don Hector reveal about plans for Alejandra?
(a) That she is to remain in Mexico City
(b) That she is to be sent to America
(c) That she is to be married to a wealthy landowner
(d) That she is to be sent to France
15. Who is it that stops John and asks if they can be friends just before he leaves San Angelo?
(a) Cathy Martin
(b) Mary Catherine
(c) Martha Agnes
(d) Mary Elizabeth
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used as lighting at the dance John Grady and Rawlins attend?
2. Where has John's Mama gone?
3. Where does Don Hector Rocha y Villareal's wife live?
4. What piece of furniture is described in some detail as being in the hallway of the ranch house?
5. What color is the barn where John Grady works with the horses?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)