|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is John?
2. How far do John and Rawlins travel by noon their first day?
(a) Forty-four miles
(b) Forty miles
(c) Fourteen miles
(d) Four miles
3. What kind of horses are in the painting in the dining room, according to John's grandfather?
(a) Arabian horses
(b) Painted horses
(c) Wild horses
(d) Picturebook horses
4. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
(a) Until his mother sees reason
(b) A year or so
(c) About a hundred years
(d) He doesn't say
5. How much land is in the la Purisima ranch?
(a) Eleven thousand hectres
(b) Eleven hundred hectres
(c) Eleven thousand acres
(d) Eleven hundred acres
6. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
(a) On a spit over a fire
(b) In a bed of coals
(c) In a hole under the fire
(d) On a rock next to the fire
7. What is the name of the town where John Grady and Rawlins go on a Sunday afternoon?
(b) La Vega
(c) Mexico City
(d) La Purisima
8. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
(a) Their blankets
(b) A pile of twigs
(c) They have no fire
(d) An entire dead tree
9. How old does John Grady tell Don Hector he is?
10. How does Blevins determine that they' ae being followed after he gets his horse back?
(a) Gets away from the horses and listens
(b) Walks back and looks
(c) Puts his ear to the road
(d) Uses binoculars to look
11. What does Blevins have in his possession the morning after the thunderstorm?
(a) A pair of boots
(b) A boot
(c) Boots and a shirt
(d) A boot and hat
12. Rawlins asks whether a person can believe in heaven without believing in hell. What is John Grady's response?
(a) That a person can believe whatever he wants
(b) That he doesn't know
13. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) Shot it
(b) Killed it with his bare hands
(c) Hit it with a rock
(d) Climbed a tree and knocked it out for the dogs to kill
14. What is the name of the man who goes along with John Grady and the others into the mountains as a cook?
15. What color is Alejandra's dress at the dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money do Rawlins and John Grady bet on their impromptu race on the Sunday they go into town?
2. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
3. What kind of horse is ridden by the young girl John Grady and Rawlins see on their way to the ranch for the first time?
4. What color are the boots Rawlins buys in town?
5. Who is in the photo that was shot by the kid?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)