|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is used as lighting at the dance John Grady and Rawlins attend?
(c) Bare light bulbs
(d) Light bulbs covered by painted paper bags
2. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
(a) They have no fire
(b) A pile of twigs
(c) Their blankets
(d) An entire dead tree
3. What day does John Grady and Rawlins begin breaking the horses?
4. What was Duena Alfonsa's profession as a young woman?
(a) House wife
(b) Chess teacher
(d) School teacher
5. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
(a) The Major
(b) The Broadway
(c) The Menger
(d) The Ritz
6. What is the name of the eatery where John and his father share a meal?
(a) The Eagle Cafe
(b) The Range Restaurant
(c) The Eagle Diner
(d) The St. Angelus Restaurant
7. How old is John?
8. What is it that John Grady and Rawlins talk about for a time on the night of their second trip away from the Ranch?
(a) Lineage of horses
(c) How much longer they should remain
(d) Whether anyone was looking for them
9. Where does the kid say he is headed when he first encounters John Grady and Rawlins?
(d) El Paso
10. What clue do John Grady and Rawlins have that Don Hector is near their camping place in the mountains?
(a) The sight of greyhounds
(b) The sound of horses
(c) The sight of a campfire
(d) The sound of talking
11. What kind of dogs are with Don Hector Rocha y Villareal on the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
12. How did the father of the man who cooks for the group in the mountains die?
(a) In a war
(b) Breaking a horse
(c) During a robbery
(d) He isn't dead
13. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
14. What does Antonio call the new stud horse?
(b) Padre bueno
(c) Wonderful beauty
(d) Caballo padre
15. What is it that the waitress calls everyone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alejandra attend school?
2. Who is in the photograph on John's grandfather's desk?
3. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
4. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
5. What are the three wearing as they cross the Rio Grande?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)