|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Grady's response when Rawlins asks if it is possible to believe in heaven without believing in hell?
(b) That a person can believe whatever they want
(c) He says he doesn't know
2. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(c) John Grady
3. What is used as lighting at the dance John Grady and Rawlins attend?
(c) Light bulbs covered by painted paper bags
(d) Bare light bulbs
4. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
(a) San Angelo
(c) Santa Fe
(d) San Antonio
5. Who is in the photograph on John's grandfather's desk?
(a) John's mother
(b) John's father
(c) John's grandmother
6. What is the name of the eatery where John and his father share a meal?
(a) The Eagle Cafe
(b) The Eagle Diner
(c) The St. Angelus Restaurant
(d) The Range Restaurant
7. Where does Alejandra attend school?
(a) La Vega
(b) La Purisima
(c) Mexico City
8. What is it that the waitress calls everyone?
9. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
(a) Jack rabbit
(b) Grub worms
(c) Raw oysters
(d) Mountain oysters
10. What was the original purpose of the room in which John Grady and Don Hector play a game?
(a) A bedroom
(b) A dining room
(c) A chapel
(d) A parlor
11. How many days does John Grady say it will take to rough break the horses?
(a) Fourteen days
(b) Four days
(c) Sixteen days
(d) Six days
12. What do John Grady and Alejandra have to drink during the intermission at the dance?
13. Who does John Grady say taught him to play chess?
(a) No one
(b) His father
(c) His grandfather
14. Where do they see Blevins' horse?
(a) In a field
(b) In a barn
(c) In a corral
(d) In a mud hut
15. What kind of horse is ridden by the young girl John Grady and Rawlins see on their way to the ranch for the first time?
(a) An Arabian
(b) A paint
(c) A thoroughbred
(d) A small mare
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
2. What does John Grady instruct Rawlins to do before buying his new boots?
3. About what habit does John fuss at his father?
4. How old is John?
5. Where does Don Hector Rocha y Villareal's wife live?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)