|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does John Grady tell Don Hector he is?
2. Who is watching John Grady and Rawlins as they continue working on the horses after lunch?
(a) About twenty men, women and children
(b) About twenty cowboys
(c) No one
(d) Only the ranch owner and foreman
3. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
(a) They have no fire
(b) An entire dead tree
(c) Their blankets
(d) A pile of twigs
4. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
5. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
(a) Robert Lee
(b) San Angelo
(d) General Grant
6. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
(a) A year or so
(b) About a hundred years
(c) He doesn't say
(d) Until his mother sees reason
7. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
8. How old is Don Hector Rocha y Villareal?
9. How does Blevins determine that they' ae being followed after he gets his horse back?
(a) Gets away from the horses and listens
(b) Uses binoculars to look
(c) Puts his ear to the road
(d) Walks back and looks
10. Who is in the photo that was shot by the kid?
(a) Betty Ward
(b) Mary Blevins
(c) Betsy Rawlins
(d) Mary Catherine
11. What trick does Rawlins perform that makes the little Mexican girls laugh?
(a) Pulls a quarter from behind their ears
(b) Pretends to pull off their noses
(c) Pretends to pull his finger off and put it back on
(d) Falls off the bench
12. How old does John Grady say Rawlins is?
13. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(c) John Grady
14. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
15. How did the father of the man who cooks for the group in the mountains die?
(a) In a war
(b) During a robbery
(c) He isn't dead
(d) Breaking a horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has John's Mama gone?
2. What is the name of the man who travels to America to pick up Don Hector's new thoroughbred?
3. Which direction are John Grady and Rawlins taken after their arrest?
4. What kind of horses does Don Hector say he intends to raise?
5. What is it that John Grady and Rawlins talk about for a time on the night of their second trip away from the Ranch?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)