|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Blevins determine that they' ae being followed after he gets his horse back?
(a) Uses binoculars to look
(b) Walks back and looks
(c) Puts his ear to the road
(d) Gets away from the horses and listens
2. Who does John Grady say taught him to play chess?
(a) His father
(c) No one
(d) His grandfather
3. What is the name of the man who goes along with John Grady and the others into the mountains as a cook?
4. Who is in the photo that was shot by the kid?
(a) Betty Ward
(b) Mary Blevins
(c) Mary Catherine
(d) Betsy Rawlins
5. What does John Grady instruct Rawlins to do before buying his new boots?
(b) Ride in them
(c) Dance in them
(d) Count his money
6. Where does Alejandra attend school?
(a) Mexico City
(b) La Vega
(d) La Purisima
7. What was the original purpose of the room in which John Grady and Don Hector play a game?
(a) A chapel
(b) A parlor
(c) A dining room
(d) A bedroom
8. How many horses are in the pen at the ranch?
9. What color is the barn where John Grady works with the horses?
10. Where has John's Mama gone?
(a) San Francisco
(b) San Antonio
(c) St. Augustine
(d) St. Louis
11. Which direction are John Grady and Rawlins taken after their arrest?
12. How much money do Rawlins and John Grady bet on their impromptu race on the Sunday they go into town?
(a) A dollar
(b) Fifty dollars
(c) They don't bet
(d) Fifty cents
13. What is NOT among the clothing items John Grady and Rawlns buy on their trip into town?
(b) Socks and underwear
(c) Shirts and pants
14. What does Antonio call the new stud horse?
(a) Padre bueno
(c) Caballo padre
(d) Wonderful beauty
15. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(d) John Grady
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Duena Alfonsa?
2. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
3. What is it that John Grady and Rawlins talk about for a time on the night of their second trip away from the Ranch?
4. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
5. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)