|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
(a) In a bed of coals
(b) On a rock next to the fire
(c) In a hole under the fire
(d) On a spit over a fire
2. What is John Grady's response when Rawlins asks if it is possible to believe in heaven without believing in hell?
(c) That a person can believe whatever they want
(d) He says he doesn't know
3. Why do Rawlins and John tell the young Mexican they are fleeing?
(a) They stole two horses.
(b) They do not say.
(c) They robbed a bank.
(d) They killed a man.
4. Into what game does Don Hector invite John Grady to join?
(d) Horse shoes
5. How old is Don Hector Rocha y Villareal?
6. What does Don Hector reveal about plans for Alejandra?
(a) That she is to remain in Mexico City
(b) That she is to be sent to France
(c) That she is to be sent to America
(d) That she is to be married to a wealthy landowner
7. What do John and Rawlins have for their first meal on their trip?
(d) Jack rabbit
8. What is the name of the town where John Grady and Rawlins go on a Sunday afternoon?
(a) Mexico City
(b) La Vega
(d) La Purisima
9. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
(a) The Broadway
(b) The Ritz
(c) The Menger
(d) The Major
10. What was Duena Alfonsa's profession as a young woman?
(a) House wife
(c) Chess teacher
(d) School teacher
11. Rawlins asks whether a person can believe in heaven without believing in hell. What is John Grady's response?
(b) That he doesn't know
(c) That a person can believe whatever he wants
12. The Mexican woman gives John Grady and Rawlins a lunch after they leave her home. What do they carry the lunch in?
(a) A bag
(b) A cloth
(c) A box
(d) A bucket
13. How did the father of the man who cooks for the group in the mountains die?
(a) During a robbery
(b) In a war
(c) Breaking a horse
(d) He isn't dead
14. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
(b) San Angelo
(c) General Grant
(d) Robert Lee
15. Where do they see Blevins' horse?
(a) In a barn
(b) In a field
(c) In a corral
(d) In a mud hut
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
2. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
3. What trick does Rawlins perform that makes the little Mexican girls laugh?
4. How old does John Grady tell Don Hector he is?
5. What horse does John Grady say sired all those in the corral?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)