|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do John and Rawlins have for their first meal on their trip?
(d) Jack rabbit
2. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
(a) They do not have enough money
(b) The water is not drinkable
(c) They do not have any coins small enough
(d) The merchants do not have water to spare
3. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) Knocked it out of a tree for the dogs to kill
(b) With a rock
(c) Shot it out of a tree
(d) With his bare hands
4. How does Blevins determine that they' ae being followed after he gets his horse back?
(a) Puts his ear to the road
(b) Gets away from the horses and listens
(c) Walks back and looks
(d) Uses binoculars to look
5. What does John Grady say about the smell of the first horse he catches?
(a) That it smells like a country morning
(b) That it smells like what it is - a horse
(c) That it smells like what it is - a wild animal
(d) That it smells like a goat
6. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
(a) Jack rabbit
(b) Raw oysters
(c) Grub worms
(d) Mountain oysters
7. What does Antonio call the new stud horse?
(b) Caballo padre
(c) Wonderful beauty
(d) Padre bueno
8. Who is Duena Alfonsa?
(a) Alejandra's grand aunt and godmother
(b) Don Hector's illegitimate daughter
(c) Don Hector's sister
(d) Alejandra's caregiver
9. How did the father of the man who cooks for the group in the mountains die?
(a) He isn't dead
(b) During a robbery
(c) In a war
(d) Breaking a horse
10. What horse does John Grady say sired all those in the corral?
(a) Little Joe
(b) Little Black
(c) Joe Black
(d) Black Joe
11. Which horse is John Grady riding when he beats Rawlins in their impromptu race on the day they go into town?
(b) His own horse
(c) Blevins' horse
(d) Rawlins' horse
12. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
(a) Santa Fe
(c) San Antonio
(d) San Angelo
13. What trick does Rawlins perform that makes the little Mexican girls laugh?
(a) Pulls a quarter from behind their ears
(b) Falls off the bench
(c) Pretends to pull his finger off and put it back on
(d) Pretends to pull off their noses
14. Rawlins asks whether a person can believe in heaven without believing in hell. What is John Grady's response?
(a) That he doesn't know
(c) That a person can believe whatever he wants
15. What do John Grady and Alejandra have to drink during the intermission at the dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is used as lighting at the dance John Grady and Rawlins attend?
2. How old is Don Hector Rocha y Villareal?
3. What color are the boots Rawlins buys in town?
4. What is the gift his father gives John?
5. Where does Don Hector Rocha y Villareal's wife live?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)