|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Blevins determine that they' ae being followed after he gets his horse back?
(a) Gets away from the horses and listens
(b) Uses binoculars to look
(c) Walks back and looks
(d) Puts his ear to the road
2. What does John Grady rub over the horse before putting the saddle on it?
(a) A sack
(b) A rope
(c) A blanket
(d) His shirt
3. What is the name of John's family attorney?
4. What information does the lawyer tell John about his mother and father?
(a) That they have his best interests at heart
(b) That they don't have to give him any part of the ranch
(c) That they are still married
(d) That they are divorced
5. What is NOT among the clothing items John Grady and Rawlns buy on their trip into town?
(c) Socks and underwear
(d) Shirts and pants
6. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
(a) The theater
(b) The Eagle Cafe
(c) A cheap motel
7. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
8. How did the father of the man who cooks for the group in the mountains die?
(a) Breaking a horse
(b) In a war
(c) He isn't dead
(d) During a robbery
9. Where are John and Rawlins headed?
(a) San Antonio
(c) Santa Fe
(d) San Angelo
10. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
11. How old is Don Hector Rocha y Villareal?
12. What two things do the soldiers ask John Grady as he is being arrested?
(a) Where is Alejandra and her horse
(b) Where is Don Hector's horse and Alejandra
(c) Where is his gun and his knife
(d) Where is his gun and his horse
13. What trick does Rawlins perform that makes the little Mexican girls laugh?
(a) Pretends to pull his finger off and put it back on
(b) Falls off the bench
(c) Pretends to pull off their noses
(d) Pulls a quarter from behind their ears
14. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
(a) Until his mother sees reason
(b) He doesn't say
(c) A year or so
(d) About a hundred years
15. What is it that the waitress calls everyone?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Don Hector Rocha y Villareal's wife live?
2. What do John and Rawlins have for their first meal on their trip?
3. What kind of horses does Don Hector say he intends to raise?
4. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
5. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)