|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
(a) About a hundred years
(b) Until his mother sees reason
(c) He doesn't say
(d) A year or so
2. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
(a) In the front seat of a car
(b) In the saddlebags of his horse
(c) On the ground
(d) In a man's back pocket
3. Who is in the photograph on John's grandfather's desk?
(a) John's father
(b) John's mother
(c) John's grandmother
4. What do John Grady and Alejandra have to drink during the intermission at the dance?
5. Which direction are John Grady and Rawlins taken after their arrest?
6. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
7. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
(a) The Broadway
(b) The Major
(c) The Ritz
(d) The Menger
8. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
(a) Their blankets
(b) An entire dead tree
(c) They have no fire
(d) A pile of twigs
9. How far do John and Rawlins travel by noon their first day?
(a) Fourteen miles
(b) Forty-four miles
(c) Four miles
(d) Forty miles
10. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
(a) Grub worms
(b) Raw oysters
(c) Mountain oysters
(d) Jack rabbit
11. How old is John?
12. What is the name of the town where John and his father go on their final horseback ride?
(a) San Angelo
(b) General Grant
(c) Robert Lee
13. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
14. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
(a) Names, ages and how to reach their parents
(b) Names, ages and social security numbers
(c) Names and ages
(d) Their names
15. What is the name of the eatery where John and his father share a meal?
(a) The St. Angelus Restaurant
(b) The Eagle Diner
(c) The Range Restaurant
(d) The Eagle Cafe
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horses are in the pen at the ranch?
2. What is NOT among the clothing items John Grady and Rawlns buy on their trip into town?
3. What kind of horses are in the painting in the dining room, according to John's grandfather?
4. How much money do Rawlins and John Grady bet on their impromptu race on the Sunday they go into town?
5. How old does John Grady say Rawlins is?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)