|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the kid say is his real name?
(a) Jared Belvins
(b) Jimmy Blevins
(c) James Bodine
(d) Jimmy Blivet
2. What does John Grady say about the smell of the first horse he catches?
(a) That it smells like a goat
(b) That it smells like what it is - a wild animal
(c) That it smells like a country morning
(d) That it smells like what it is - a horse
3. Who is in the photograph on John's grandfather's desk?
(a) John's mother
(b) John's father
(c) John's grandmother
4. Why do Rawlins and John tell the young Mexican they are fleeing?
(a) They do not say.
(b) They robbed a bank.
(c) They killed a man.
(d) They stole two horses.
5. What clue do John Grady and Rawlins have that Don Hector is near their camping place in the mountains?
(a) The sound of horses
(b) The sight of a campfire
(c) The sound of talking
(d) The sight of greyhounds
6. What do the three drink at the small store in Reforma?
(c) Apple juice
7. What does Blevins have in his possession the morning after the thunderstorm?
(a) A pair of boots
(b) A boot and hat
(c) Boots and a shirt
(d) A boot
8. How many days does John Grady say it will take to rough break the horses?
(a) Fourteen days
(b) Four days
(c) Sixteen days
(d) Six days
9. What do John Grady and Alejandra have to drink during the intermission at the dance?
10. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(a) John Grady
11. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
(a) The Ritz
(b) The Broadway
(c) The Menger
(d) The Major
12. Where does Alejandra attend school?
(a) La Vega
(c) Mexico City
(d) La Purisima
13. What is the name of the boy John Grady and Rawlins share a drink with before entering the dance?
14. What is the name of the horse John rides as he is out checking cattle in the rain?
(b) Red Dog
15. What day does John Grady and Rawlins begin breaking the horses?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many horses do John Grady and Rawlins bring from the mountains on what would be their final trip before their arrest?
2. What is the general conversation when John Grady and Rawlins take their seats at the dinner table their first night on the ranch?
3. How did the father of the man who cooks for the group in the mountains die?
4. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
5. What does Rawlins throw up in the air for the kid to shoot?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)