|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the kid say he got his gun?
(a) From his father
(b) At Sears and Roebuck
(c) At a pawn shop
(d) At the gittin place
2. Who does John Grady say is the leader?
(a) John Grady
3. Into what game does Don Hector invite John Grady to join?
(d) Horse shoes
4. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
(a) On the ground
(b) In the front seat of a car
(c) In the saddlebags of his horse
(d) In a man's back pocket
5. How old does John Grady say Rawlins is?
6. What color is Alejandra's dress at the dance?
7. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
(a) Names and ages
(b) Their names
(c) Names, ages and how to reach their parents
(d) Names, ages and social security numbers
8. What does John Grady say about the smell of the first horse he catches?
(a) That it smells like what it is - a horse
(b) That it smells like a goat
(c) That it smells like what it is - a wild animal
(d) That it smells like a country morning
9. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
(a) An entire dead tree
(b) A pile of twigs
(c) They have no fire
(d) Their blankets
10. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
(a) They do not have any coins small enough
(b) The water is not drinkable
(c) They do not have enough money
(d) The merchants do not have water to spare
11. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) Shot it
(b) Killed it with his bare hands
(c) Hit it with a rock
(d) Climbed a tree and knocked it out for the dogs to kill
12. What does Rawlins throw up in the air for the kid to shoot?
(a) A bottle
(b) A rock
(c) His wallet
(d) His plate
13. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
14. What is it that the waitress calls everyone?
15. What kind of horses are in the painting in the dining room, according to John's grandfather?
(a) Picturebook horses
(b) Wild horses
(c) Arabian horses
(d) Painted horses
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that stops John and asks if they can be friends just before he leaves San Angelo?
2. Who is in the photo that was shot by the kid?
3. What does John Grady rub over the horse before putting the saddle on it?
4. What does the kid say is his real name?
5. What is the book Don Hector asks if John Grady has read?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)