Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alejandra attend school?
(a) La Purisima
(b) La Vega
(c) Mexico City
2. Where does John spend the night during his only night in San Antonio?
(b) The Eagle Cafe
(c) The theater
(d) A cheap motel
3. How old is John?
4. Where has John's Mama gone?
(a) St. Augustine
(b) St. Louis
(c) San Antonio
(d) San Francisco
5. Where does the kid say he got his gun?
(a) At a pawn shop
(b) At the gittin place
(c) From his father
(d) At Sears and Roebuck
6. What does the kid say is his real name?
(a) James Bodine
(b) Jimmy Blivet
(c) Jared Belvins
(d) Jimmy Blevins
7. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
(a) Names, ages and how to reach their parents
(b) Names, ages and social security numbers
(c) Names and ages
(d) Their names
8. What is the name of the man who travels to America to pick up Don Hector's new thoroughbred?
9. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
(a) Raw oysters
(b) Jack rabbit
(c) Mountain oysters
(d) Grub worms
10. What is the name of the man who goes along with John Grady and the others into the mountains as a cook?
11. What was Duena Alfonsa's profession as a young woman?
(a) School teacher
(c) Chess teacher
(d) House wife
12. Where do they see Blevins' horse?
(a) In a corral
(b) In a barn
(c) In a mud hut
(d) In a field
13. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
14. Into what game does Don Hector invite John Grady to join?
(b) Horse shoes
15. What is NOT among the clothing items John Grady and Rawlns buy on their trip into town?
(a) Socks and underwear
(b) Shirts and pants
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
2. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
3. Who does John Grady say taught him to play chess?
4. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
5. What kind of dogs are with Don Hector Rocha y Villareal on the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)