|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does the Captain tell John Grady they will be transported?
2. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
(a) The merchants do not have water to spare
(b) They do not have enough money
(c) The water is not drinkable
(d) They do not have any coins small enough
3. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
(a) Their names
(b) Names, ages and social security numbers
(c) Names and ages
(d) Names, ages and how to reach their parents
4. What time do John Grady and Rawlins arrive in Saltillo?
(b) Ten o'clock in the morning
(c) Just after noon
(d) Ten o'clock at night
5. The Mexican woman gives John Grady and Rawlins a lunch after they leave her home. What do they carry the lunch in?
(a) A bag
(b) A box
(c) A bucket
(d) A cloth
Short Answer Questions
1. Which horse is John Grady riding when he beats Rawlins in their impromptu race on the day they go into town?
2. Why does Rawlins say he has a gun with him?
3. What is the gift his father gives John?
4. What is the name of the man who goes along with John Grady and the others into the mountains as a cook?
5. What is it that John Grady and Rawlins talk about for a time on the night of their second trip away from the Ranch?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)