|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much land is in the la Purisima ranch?
(a) Eleven hundred hectres
(b) Eleven thousand acres
(c) Eleven thousand hectres
(d) Eleven hundred acres
2. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) Killed it with his bare hands
(b) Shot it
(c) Hit it with a rock
(d) Climbed a tree and knocked it out for the dogs to kill
3. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
4. What do the three drink at the small store in Reforma?
(b) Apple juice
5. Which horse is John Grady riding when he beats Rawlins in their impromptu race on the day they go into town?
(a) Blevins' horse
(b) Rawlins' horse
(c) His own horse
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
2. What was Duena Alfonsa's profession as a young woman?
3. How many horses are in the pen at the ranch?
4. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
5. What is the name of the horse John rides as he is out checking cattle in the rain?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)