|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rawlins throw up in the air for the kid to shoot?
(a) His wallet
(b) A bottle
(c) A rock
(d) His plate
2. Why does John Grady say the horses in the corral are so skittish?
(a) They have never smelled white men.
(b) They have never seen a man afoot.
(c) They have never been penned before.
(d) They hare been penned up for too long.
3. What do John Grady and Alejandra have to drink during the intermission at the dance?
4. Where does Blevins wait out the thunderstorm?
(a) In a cave
(b) Under the roots of a tree
(c) Under the edge of a rock overhand
(d) Under teh wide limbs of a tree
5. What color is the barn where John Grady works with the horses?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of horses are in the painting in the dining room, according to John's grandfather?
2. What horse does John Grady say sired all those in the corral?
3. What do Rawlins, John Grady and the other young boy from the ranch share before going into the dance?
4. What was the original purpose of the room in which John Grady and Don Hector play a game?
5. Who is watching John Grady and Rawlins as they continue working on the horses after lunch?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)