|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
(a) Names, ages and how to reach their parents
(b) Their names
(c) Names, ages and social security numbers
(d) Names and ages
2. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
(a) The merchants do not have water to spare
(b) The water is not drinkable
(c) They do not have enough money
(d) They do not have any coins small enough
3. Who is in the photo that was shot by the kid?
(a) Mary Catherine
(b) Betty Ward
(c) Betsy Rawlins
(d) Mary Blevins
4. Where does the kid say he got his gun?
(a) At Sears and Roebuck
(b) At a pawn shop
(c) From his father
(d) At the gittin place
5. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
(a) On a rock next to the fire
(b) On a spit over a fire
(c) In a hole under the fire
(d) In a bed of coals
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse John rides as he is out checking cattle in the rain?
2. What is the general conversation when John Grady and Rawlins take their seats at the dinner table their first night on the ranch?
3. Where does Blevins wait out the thunderstorm?
4. What information does the lawyer tell John about his mother and father?
5. Where has John's Mama gone?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)