|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys use for a fire on the last night before they reach the ranch?
(a) Their blankets
(b) An entire dead tree
(c) A pile of twigs
(d) They have no fire
2. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) Shot it out of a tree
(b) With a rock
(c) Knocked it out of a tree for the dogs to kill
(d) With his bare hands
3. What kind of horse is ridden by the young girl John Grady and Rawlins see on their way to the ranch for the first time?
(a) An Arabian
(b) A paint
(c) A thoroughbred
(d) A small mare
4. How far do John and Rawlins travel by noon their first day?
(a) Forty miles
(b) Fourteen miles
(c) Forty-four miles
(d) Four miles
5. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
(a) They do not have any coins small enough
(b) The water is not drinkable
(c) They do not have enough money
(d) The merchants do not have water to spare
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Blevins determine that they' ae being followed after he gets his horse back?
2. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
3. What kind of horses are in the painting in the dining room, according to John's grandfather?
4. What is the name of the horse John rides as he is out checking cattle in the rain?
5. What is the general conversation when John Grady and Rawlins take their seats at the dinner table their first night on the ranch?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)