|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where John sees his mother?
(a) The Broadway
(b) The Major
(c) The Ritz
(d) The Menger
2. What does the kid say is his real name?
(a) Jimmy Blivet
(b) Jimmy Blevins
(c) Jared Belvins
(d) James Bodine
3. How does Rawlins say Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) With a rock
(b) With his bare hands
(c) Knocked it out of a tree for the dogs to kill
(d) Shot it out of a tree
4. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
(a) On the ground
(b) In a man's back pocket
(c) In the saddlebags of his horse
(d) In the front seat of a car
5. What does Blevins say is the strangest thing he ever ate?
(a) Mountain oysters
(b) Jack rabbit
(c) Raw oysters
(d) Grub worms
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mexican woman gives John Grady and Rawlins a lunch after they leave her home. What do they carry the lunch in?
2. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
3. How do Rawlins and John Grady cook the first rabbit they kill on their trip?
4. What does Blevins have in his possession the morning after the thunderstorm?
5. What is the name of the eatery where John and his father share a meal?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)