|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the boys next see Blevins' pistol?
(a) In the saddlebags of his horse
(b) On the ground
(c) In the front seat of a car
(d) In a man's back pocket
2. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
(a) They do not have any coins small enough
(b) The merchants do not have water to spare
(c) The water is not drinkable
(d) They do not have enough money
3. Where does Don Hector Rocha y Villareal's wife live?
(a) In Santa Fe
(b) In a suite in the ranch house
(c) Mexico City
(d) With her mother at the ranch next door
4. Where does Blevins wait out the thunderstorm?
(a) Under the edge of a rock overhand
(b) In a cave
(c) Under teh wide limbs of a tree
(d) Under the roots of a tree
5. What two things do the soldiers ask John Grady as he is being arrested?
(a) Where is his gun and his knife
(b) Where is his gun and his horse
(c) Where is Alejandra and her horse
(d) Where is Don Hector's horse and Alejandra
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Don Hector Rocha y Villareal?
2. What do John and Rawlins have for their first meal on their trip?
3. What does John Grady say about the smell of the first horse he catches?
4. How long does John Grady say he would like to stay in Mexico working with cattle?
5. What personal information is required of John Grady and Rawlins once they are hired at the ranch?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)