|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Grady's response when Rawlins asks if it is possible to believe in heaven without believing in hell?
(a) He says he doesn't know
(d) That a person can believe whatever they want
2. How many men are in the first group of Mexicans on horseback John Grady, Rawlins and the kid meet on their way across the country?
3. Why do Rawlins and John tell the young Mexican they are fleeing?
(a) They stole two horses.
(b) They robbed a bank.
(c) They killed a man.
(d) They do not say.
4. Where does Blevins wait out the thunderstorm?
(a) Under teh wide limbs of a tree
(b) Under the edge of a rock overhand
(c) In a cave
(d) Under the roots of a tree
5. What is the gift his father gives John?
(a) A new saddle
(b) A new truck
(c) New boots
(d) A new horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do John Grady and Rawlins wait out the thunderstorm?
2. What kind of dogs are with Don Hector Rocha y Villareal on the morning after John Grady and Rawlins arrive?
3. Which horse is John Grady riding when he beats Rawlins in their impromptu race on the day they go into town?
4. What is the name of the man who travels to America to pick up Don Hector's new thoroughbred?
5. How does Blevins say he recovered his gun?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)