|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the father of the man who cooks for the group in the mountains die?
(a) During a robbery
(b) Breaking a horse
(c) He isn't dead
(d) In a war
2. Who is Duena Alfonsa?
(a) Alejandra's caregiver
(b) Alejandra's grand aunt and godmother
(c) Don Hector's illegitimate daughter
(d) Don Hector's sister
3. What color are the boots Rawlins buys in town?
4. What piece of furniture is described in some detail as being in the hallway of the ranch house?
(a) A brass candlabra
(b) A silver tea service
(c) A wooden rocking chair
(d) A tallcase clock
5. Where does Emilio Perez live?
(a) Just outside the prison
(b) In the cell next to John Grady and Rawlins
(c) In a large cell on the ground floor
(d) In a house on the prison grounds but apart from the prisoners
Short Answer Questions
1. How far do John and Rawlins travel by noon their first day?
2. Who carries John Grady out of the prison yard after the fight?
3. Where does Alejandra attend school?
4. What refreshment are John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins given when they stop in Ocampo?
5. Where does Rawlins say he wants to go next?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)