|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many horses are in the pen at the ranch?
2. How does John Grady say the man named Julius Ramsey killed a lion?
(a) Climbed a tree and knocked it out for the dogs to kill
(b) Hit it with a rock
(c) Shot it
(d) Killed it with his bare hands
3. Who is it that stops John and asks if they can be friends just before he leaves San Angelo?
(a) Mary Catherine
(b) Martha Agnes
(c) Mary Elizabeth
(d) Cathy Martin
4. Where is the first place John Grady and Rawlins go after leaving the bus that took them from the prison?
(a) A clothing store
(b) A bus stop
(c) A cafe
(d) A motel
5. What color are the boots Rawlins buys in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the three boys buy water from the caravans they encounter?
2. How old is Don Hector Rocha y Villareal?
3. Which direction are John Grady and Rawlins taken after their arrest?
4. What is in the envelope John Grady is given after the knife fight?
5. What kind of horse is ridden by the young girl John Grady and Rawlins see on their way to the ranch for the first time?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)