|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many guards travel with John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins?
2. What does John Grady set out to do with the forty-five pesos left from the money he received from Jimmy Blevins?
(a) Buy his escape
(b) Buy protection
(c) Buy a knife
(d) Buy food for Rawlins
3. What are John Grady, Rawlins and Blevins chained to when they leave their temporary prison?
(a) A pickup
(b) A spare tire
(c) A large stone
(d) Each other
4. What two things do the soldiers ask John Grady as he is being arrested?
(a) Where is Don Hector's horse and Alejandra
(b) Where is Alejandra and her horse
(c) Where is his gun and his horse
(d) Where is his gun and his knife
5. Rawlins asks whether a person can believe in heaven without believing in hell. What is John Grady's response?
(b) That he doesn't know
(c) That a person can believe whatever he wants
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the book Don Hector asks if John Grady has read?
2. What advice are John Grady and Rawlins given upon arriving in the tiny hut where they are held prisoner?
3. What is John Grady's response when Rawlins asks if it is possible to believe in heaven without believing in hell?
4. How old does John Grady say Rawlins is?
5. What do Rawlins, John Grady and the other young boy from the ranch share before going into the dance?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)