• John Grady Cole's grandfather dies, leaving the ranch to John's mother who sells it.
• John takes a last horseback ride with his father who is dying.
• John hitchhikes to San Antonio where he sees his mother in a play but does not approach her.
• John Grady and his friend, Lacy Rawlins, leave on horseback headed for Mexico.
• John Grady and Rawlins encounter a young boy who says his name is Jimmy Blevins.
• Blevins is an excellent shot and joins up with John Grady and Rawlins.
• Blevins hides during a storm and loses his horse, gun and clothes.
• Blevins finds his horse and steals it back, separating from John Grady and Rawlins with the promise to meet up at some future point.
• John Grady and Rawlins get a job at a ranch.
• John Grady and Rawlins work hard at the ranch and John Grady's expertise with horses...
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)