|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom do the reporters dine in Chapter 14?
2. How does Sloan resemble Deep Throat in Chapter 9?
3. What does Deep Throat claim that neither the FBI nor the Post will be able to prove?
4. What does Colson deny in Chapter 15?
5. Who issued the subpoenas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is notable about the process server who finally finds Bernstein?
2. What do the reporters suspect happened to the slush funds after June 17th?
3. What does Bernstein instruct Bradlee to do on the phone?
4. What is the significance of the President’s ‘whitewash’ comment?
5. Why does Woodward’s CRP source change in Chapter 14?
6. What surveillance did CRP, the CIA, and/or the White House have on the Post reporters?
7. Why are the documents Gray provides significant?
8. What is Judge Sirica's attitude towards the testimony at the trial he is running?
9. What did the FBI fail to do with the Watergate Seven's address books?
10. What characterizes Hunt's friend, whom Woodward lunches with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many members of the Nixon White House were involved in both CRP and the cover-up of Watergate. Which members were they, and what were their roles? How does this speak to the necessary skills needed for the campaign?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Woodward and Bernstein. In what ways are they similar? Different.
Essay Topic 3
The book covers the discovery and research of many significant events. What methods do Woodward and Bernstein use to do their research? How do they push the limits of journalistic ethics – or do they? In this case, was it worth it?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)