|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of the vote did the winner of the presidential election receive?
2. What statement about the President most upsets his aide at the end of Chapter 15?
3. What is the code name of Bernstein’s new source?
4. What is strange about Deep Throat’s meeting with Woodward in Chapter 13?
5. What happens to Dean in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Given Bernstein's voting - in the election and the poll - what does he think of McGovern?
2. What is Judge Sirica's attitude towards the testimony at the trial he is running?
3. What do the reporters suspect happened to the slush funds after June 17th?
4. Why are the reporters upset with the Post’s coverage of Nixon’s policy change in Chapter 14?
5. Why does CRP try to recruit university students?
6. How does the book describe Haldeman's relationship to CRP?
7. Was it illegal for the reporters to approach jurors?
8. What characterizes Hunt's friend, whom Woodward lunches with?
9. Why would the President want to ‘destroy’ the Post?
10. What do the reporters believe about Segretti?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nixon was the first president to have been impeached for over a hundred years. Describe this process. Why did he ultimately have to resign?
Essay Topic 2
Sloan provides the reporters with a variety of claims and evidence. Detail their relationship to Sloan. At what points do they trust him? Mistrust him? How is this in keeping with his character, as detailed by the book?
Essay Topic 3
Research the trials of major Watergate players as detailed by the last chapter. What were their sentences? How long did they serve? Is this justice, in your opinion? Why or why not?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)