|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Dean in Chapter 16?
2. How does McCord contact the judge?
3. What does Sloan’s attorney say about Sloan’s denial?
4. What is the second document from Hunt’s safe that was destroyed?
5. What are Bernstein and Woodward unable to substantiate in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Deep Throat so upset about the Haldeman article?
2. Why is Kissinger angry at Woodward?
3. What characterizes Hunt's friend, whom Woodward lunches with?
4. What did the FBI fail to do with the Watergate Seven's address books?
5. What does the Post do to try to avoid surveillance?
6. What is notable about the process server who finally finds Bernstein?
7. How does the book describe Haldeman's relationship to CRP?
8. What do the reporters suspect happened to the slush funds after June 17th?
9. What is Judge Sirica's attitude towards the testimony at the trial he is running?
10. What does Bernstein instruct Bradlee to do on the phone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The book covers the discovery and research of many significant events. What methods do Woodward and Bernstein use to do their research? How do they push the limits of journalistic ethics – or do they? In this case, was it worth it?
Essay Topic 2
Several attempts were made by various government bodies to uncover the truth about Watergate. Compare and contrast these attempts, evaluating their success and failure.
Essay Topic 3
Nixon was the first president to have been impeached for over a hundred years. Describe this process. Why did he ultimately have to resign?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)