|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name comes up in a variety of sources?
2. How does Woodward find Mrs. Mitchell?
3. What action of his own does Bernstein question in Chapter 5?
4. Where were the majority of the Watergate burglars from?
5. In what media outlet does Ehrlichman make his denial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about the GAO investigation than previous investigations?
2. What kind of denials does the White House issue?
3. What is strange about the White House librarian's actions?
4. How does Deep Throat treat Woodward?
5. What happens in the Nixon campaign immediately after the burglaries?
6. Why did Sloan resign his position?
7. Why was the White House not very concerned about the press?
8. What is the problem with the article the reporters write about Baldwin?
9. Which campaigns did CRP focus on sabotaging?
10. How do the reporters make the link from the men to the White House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the trials of major Watergate players as detailed by the last chapter. What were their sentences? How long did they serve? Is this justice, in your opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Deep Throat provides many important clues and confirmations throughout the book. Who was Deep Throat? What was his role in real life? What did he risk going to Woodward with the information that he did?
Essay Topic 3
Woodward and Bernstein touch on many important topics, both topical and profound. Why might they have chosen the title All the President’s Men for this book? What is the title’s significance?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)