|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Deep Throat, where did the Canuck Letter originate?
2. Where did Bernstein receive his college diploma?
3. What is Chapin’s role at the White House, according to the reporters’ inside contact there?
4. What is the story that the reporters release in Chapter 5 about?
5. How does Howard Hunt respond to the story about the burglars’ connection to the White House?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Woodward and Bernstein different?
2. Why did Sloan resign his position?
3. Why don't the reporters interview Baldwin?
4. What is the problem with the article the reporters write about Baldwin?
5. Why do they combine their articles?
6. What does the Bookkeeper help Bernstein link?
7. What is strange about the White House librarian's actions?
8. What is different about the GAO investigation than previous investigations?
9. Why is Ken Clawson an important figure?
10. How does Deep Throat treat Woodward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the trials of major Watergate players as detailed by the last chapter. What were their sentences? How long did they serve? Is this justice, in your opinion? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters are terrified to name Haldeman in connection with Watergate and the cover-up. Why is this? Who was Haldeman, and what was his position? Why might even powerful sources, such as Deep Throat, hesitate to name him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Watergate break-in itself. Why was this such a big deal? Why did it require months of investigation afterwards? How does this speak to the political system in the United States?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)