|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bill Mooney?
2. Whom does Bernstein call in Chapter 7?
3. What is John Mitchell’s job?
4. In what year did the Watergate break-in take place?
5. How does Bernstein confirm the information that Sloan gave him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Bookkeeper help Bernstein link?
2. What is the problem with the article the reporters write about Baldwin?
3. What tips Woodward off at the courtroom that things are more than they seem?
4. What is different about the GAO investigation than previous investigations?
5. How are Woodward and Bernstein different?
6. Why does Woodward want to talk to Mitchell's wife?
7. What characterizes Ziegler's response to the allegations?
8. How do the reporters make the link from the men to the White House?
9. Why is Donald Segretti important?
10. What is strange about the White House librarian's actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the timeline of the Watergate events. What were the main tipping points? The most significant events?
Essay Topic 2
Many members of the Nixon White House were involved in both CRP and the cover-up of Watergate. Which members were they, and what were their roles? How does this speak to the necessary skills needed for the campaign?
Essay Topic 3
Research the trials of major Watergate players as detailed by the last chapter. What were their sentences? How long did they serve? Is this justice, in your opinion? Why or why not?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)