|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bernstein call in Chapter 7?
2. How did Woodward set a meeting with Deep Throat?
3. How does Bernstein confirm the information that Sloan gave him?
4. How does Woodward find Mrs. Mitchell?
5. What does Bradlee not ask Woodward for at lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tips Woodward off at the courtroom that things are more than they seem?
2. Why is Ken Clawson an important figure?
3. What does the Bookkeeper help Bernstein link?
4. Why does Woodward want to talk to Mitchell's wife?
5. Why don't the reporters interview Baldwin?
6. What kind of denials does the White House issue?
7. Why did Sloan resign his position?
8. What is strange about the White House librarian's actions?
9. Why is Donald Segretti important?
10. How do the reporters make the link from the men to the White House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Watergate break-in itself. Why was this such a big deal? Why did it require months of investigation afterwards? How does this speak to the political system in the United States?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters are terrified to name Haldeman in connection with Watergate and the cover-up. Why is this? Who was Haldeman, and what was his position? Why might even powerful sources, such as Deep Throat, hesitate to name him?
Essay Topic 3
Research the trials of major Watergate players as detailed by the last chapter. What were their sentences? How long did they serve? Is this justice, in your opinion? Why or why not?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)