|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname for the men on trial?
(a) The Watergate Five.
(b) The Watergate Seven.
(c) The Cubans.
(d) The Men from Miami.
2. What is strange about L. Patrick Gray’s position?
(a) He refuses the job.
(b) He is named in the middle of the Watergate crisis.
(c) He has resigned.
(d) He is about to be fired.
3. What does Liddy remark during the trial?
(a) That they’ve just captured the queen.
(b) That the King will save them.
(c) That they’re all just pawns.
(d) That the lawyers have put the men on trial in checkmate.
4. What is unusual about McCord?
(a) He is the only one of the burglars to turn on his superiors.
(b) He is willing to talk to the Post.
(c) He did not take part in the Watergate break-in.
(d) He is lying.
5. How many people at the Post are issued with subpoenas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bernstein vote for in the presidential election?
2. Why do the reporters use the technique in #87 ?
3. How does Dean feel about going to jail, according to his friend?
4. What does Segretti claim he did for CRP?
5. What happens to Dean in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the book describe Haldeman's relationship to CRP?
2. What is the significance of the President’s ‘whitewash’ comment?
3. Why would the President want to ‘destroy’ the Post?
4. What is Judge Sirica's attitude towards the testimony at the trial he is running?
5. Why do the reporters consider Gray’s appointment ill-timed?
6. Why does McCord write his letter to the judge?
7. Why does Woodward’s CRP source change in Chapter 14?
8. Why are the documents Gray provides significant?
9. Why is Deep Throat so upset about the Haldeman article?
10. Why does Nixon reference Cambodia in his public statement?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)