|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is L. Patrick Gray?
(a) The head of the FBI.
(b) A member of CRP.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) The head of the CIA.
2. Do the reporters think Segretti will do that he does not?
(a) Act as a background source.
(b) Go to jail.
(c) Talk to the FBI.
(d) Go on the record.
3. What are Bernstein and Woodward unable to substantiate in Chapter 14?
(a) Nixon’s involvement in Watergate.
(b) Magruder and Dean’s involvement in Watergate.
(c) Hunt’s involvement in Watergate.
(d) Liddy’s involvement in Watergate.
4. What percent of the vote did the winner of the presidential election receive?
5. What happens to Haldeman and Ehrlichman in Chapter 16?
(a) They give interviews to the press.
(b) They resign.
(c) They keep their jobs.
(d) They are fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theory presented as to why the men on trial plead guilty?
2. Whom does Bernstein think will win the presidential election?
3. What is Senator Ervin’s opinion of Nixon’s men?
4. What happens to Dean in Chapter 16?
5. What is one institution that is NOT mentioned as a CRP target in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the reporters consider Gray’s appointment ill-timed?
2. Why does McCord write his letter to the judge?
3. What do the reporters suspect happened to the slush funds after June 17th?
4. What surveillance did CRP, the CIA, and/or the White House have on the Post reporters?
5. What does the Post do to try to avoid surveillance?
6. What is notable about the process server who finally finds Bernstein?
7. Was it illegal for the reporters to approach jurors?
8. What do the reporters believe about Segretti?
9. What does Bernstein instruct Bradlee to do on the phone?
10. Why is Kissinger angry at Woodward?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)