|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with the CRP’s subpoenas in Chapter 13?
(a) They are upheld as constitutional.
(b) They require the recipients to go to court.
(c) They are thrown out of court.
(d) They are seriously questioned by legal scholars.
2. Why does Deep Throat think that the statement referenced in #115 is obvious?
(a) Because Gray was hired.
(b) Because Sloan resigned.
(c) Because Liddy and Hunt were hired.
(d) Because Mitchell resigned.
3. Who unexpectedly helps the prosecution at the end of Chapter 14?
4. What does Woodward ask for from Shapiro and Colson?
(a) Memos from Hunt’s safe.
(b) Memos about Hunt’s safe.
(c) Transcripts of Nixon’s tapes.
(d) Memos about the Canuck letter.
5. What is the second document from Hunt’s safe that was destroyed?
(a) Background information on Ted Kennedy.
(b) Background information on JFK.
(c) Background information on the Post.
(d) Background information on Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of the vote did the winner of the presidential election receive?
2. What is Senator Ervin’s opinion of Nixon’s men?
3. How many people at the Post are issued with subpoenas?
4. What was Dean’s attitude towards the Post coverage of Watergate?
5. What happens to Haldeman and Ehrlichman in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernstein instruct Bradlee to do on the phone?
2. What does the Post do to try to avoid surveillance?
3. Was it illegal for the reporters to approach jurors?
4. How does the White House aide feel about Dean’s upcoming statement regarding the President?
5. Why is Deep Throat so upset about the Haldeman article?
6. What surveillance did CRP, the CIA, and/or the White House have on the Post reporters?
7. Given Bernstein's voting - in the election and the poll - what does he think of McGovern?
8. What does Woodward think Deep Throat is warning him about, in the worst case scenario?
9. What is notable about the process server who finally finds Bernstein?
10. Why would the President want to ‘destroy’ the Post?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)