|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does the FBI contact make on the phone in Chapter 9?
(a) He confuses the names of two aides.
(b) He confuses Haldeman’s first name.
(c) He admits that he told his boss he is informing the reporters.
(d) He confuses Haldeman’s last name.
2. What does the Senator want that Woodward can’t provide him?
(a) The names of his sources.
(b) Information about his next article.
(c) Evidence about Colson.
(d) Testimony at the inquiry.
3. Where is Woodward when Bernstein gets his subpoena?
(a) In the Caribbean.
(b) At home.
(c) At work.
(d) With Bernstein.
4. What upsets the reporters about Nixon’s announcement regarding executive privilege in Chapter 14?
(a) It confuses the public.
(b) It makes Nixon look bad.
(c) It changes the facts of their article.
(d) It is all for show.
5. In what format does Bernstein get the names of the Watergate trial jurors?
(a) He memorizes them.
(b) He has them faxed over.
(c) He photocopies them.
(d) He writes them down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the FBI agent react when asked to re-confirm the story?
2. Whom does Woodward vote for in the presidential election?
3. How do the reporters react to the FBI agent in Chapter 9?
4. Where does Bernstein finally receive his subpoena?
5. Why does Deep Throat think that the statement referenced in #115 is obvious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Haldeman's main mode of operation, according to the reporters?
2. What characterizes Hunt's friend, whom Woodward lunches with?
3. What is the reporters’ attitude towards the information coming out about John Dean?
4. Why does CRP try to recruit university students?
5. Why does Nixon reference Cambodia in his public statement?
6. How does the book describe Haldeman's relationship to CRP?
7. What is the significance of the President’s ‘whitewash’ comment?
8. What did the FBI fail to do with the Watergate Seven's address books?
9. Given Bernstein's voting - in the election and the poll - what does he think of McGovern?
10. Why does Woodward’s CRP source change in Chapter 14?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)