|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do reporters at the newsroom tease Bernstein about during the investigation into CRP’s checks?
(a) His level of Spanish.
(b) His last-minute revisions.
(c) His tendency to push deadlines.
(d) His friendship with Woodward.
2. What is Chapin’s role at the White House, according to the reporters’ inside contact there?
(a) He has the President’s ear.
(b) He is in the press office.
(c) He is unimportant.
(d) He is one of the most important people there.
3. Who was Bernstein’s source that the book compares to Deep Throat?
(a) A former staffer at the Post.
(b) The owner of a bike shop.
(c) A jogging partner.
(d) An ex-girlfriend.
4. Whom does Moore first contact?
(d) Deep Throat.
5. What was Dahlberg’s position in CRP?
(a) Midwest Secretary.
(b) Northwest Agent at Large.
(c) Northwest Finance Chairman.
(d) Midwest Finance Chairman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was strange about John Mitchell’s resignation from office?
2. How many men agents did the FBI assign to the Watergate investigation?
3. What is the colloquial term that CRP used for its subterfuge tactics?
4. What is Young’s connection to the White House?
5. What job had Ziegler previously held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the reporters continue with the case?
2. Why is Donald Segretti important?
3. How does Deep Throat treat Woodward?
4. Why don't the reporters interview Baldwin?
5. Which campaigns did CRP focus on sabotaging?
6. Why did Sloan resign his position?
7. Why is Ken Clawson an important figure?
8. Why do they combine their articles?
9. Why does Woodward want to talk to Mitchell's wife?
10. Who was Deep Throat?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)