|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ziegler’s role at the White House?
(a) He is an economic advisor.
(b) He is the Chief of Staff.
(c) He is the Press Secretary.
(d) He is a speechwriter.
2. Where did Woodward receive his college diploma?
(a) He didn’t.
(d) Community college.
3. Whom does Bernstein call in Chapter 7?
(a) Nixon supporters.
(b) Undecided voters.
(c) Muskie supporters.
(d) McGovern supporters.
4. What had Bernstein planned on doing instead of the Watergate story?
(a) He was going to take a long vacation.
(b) He planned on working on another story.
(c) He was going to investigate CRP anyway.
(d) He was doing background research for Woodward.
5. Whose name comes up in a variety of sources?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Sally Harmony.
(c) George McGovern.
(d) Gordon Liddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men agents did the FBI assign to the Watergate investigation?
2. How many men broke into the Watergate?
3. What time does Woodward and Deep Throat’s meeting in Chapter 6 end?
4. At the beginning of the book, how long had Woodward been working at the Post?
5. What does Bradlee warn the reporters to clean up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Bookkeeper help Bernstein link?
2. How are Woodward and Bernstein different?
3. Who is Donald Segretti?
4. What kind of denials does the White House issue?
5. Why do they combine their articles?
6. How does Deep Throat treat Woodward?
7. Why is Donald Segretti important?
8. Why did Sloan resign his position?
9. Why do the reporters continue with the case?
10. How do the reporters make the link from the men to the White House?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)