|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who confirms the infiltration from question #126?
(a) George Gorton.
(b) The student himself.
(c) Deep Throat.
2. Who does Woodward think might be tapping his apartment?
(b) The White House.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
3. What upsets the reporters about Nixon’s announcement regarding executive privilege in Chapter 14?
(a) It is all for show.
(b) It makes Nixon look bad.
(c) It confuses the public.
(d) It changes the facts of their article.
4. What is the tone of Dean’s statement at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Evasive and anxious.
(b) Pleasant and calm.
(c) Threatening and defiant.
(d) Angry and confused.
5. What does Haldeman deny in Chapter 15?
(a) That he will resign.
(b) That he was involved.
(c) That Mitchell was involved.
(d) That Dean was involved.
6. Who issued the subpoenas?
(a) The White House.
(b) Howard Hunt.
(d) The Justice Department.
7. What was Mitchell’s former position?
(a) Chief of Staff to the President.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Head of CRP.
8. What is Segretti’s demeanor during his interview with the reporters?
9. Where is Woodward when Bernstein gets his subpoena?
(a) At home.
(b) With Bernstein.
(c) At work.
(d) In the Caribbean.
10. Who wins the presidential election?
(d) It is unclear.
11. How much money would Nixon have devoted to the Post take-down?
(b) Less than $1,000,000.
(c) Incidental funds.
12. What mistake does the FBI contact make on the phone in Chapter 9?
(a) He confuses Haldeman’s last name.
(b) He confuses Haldeman’s first name.
(c) He confuses the names of two aides.
(d) He admits that he told his boss he is informing the reporters.
13. What do Gray’s notes do to the Post?
(a) Vindicate it.
(b) Prove its sources wrong.
(c) Confuse its reporters.
(d) Send its publisher to jail.
14. What does Sloan’s attorney say about Sloan’s denial?
(a) That it is specific to this story.
(b) That he was right.
(c) That he denies the denial.
(d) That he didn’t mean it.
15. What does Bradlee’s statement in Chapter 9 announce?
(a) That the paper stands by its reporters.
(b) That certain facts from the Watergate stories have been recanted.
(c) That the paper has fired the reporters.
(d) That the reporters are on probation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Liddy remark during the trial?
2. How many people at the Post are issued with subpoenas?
3. Who writes the first part of the article about the unexpected witness at the end of Chapter 14?
4. What percent of the vote did the winner of the presidential election receive?
5. Whom does Bernstein vote for in the presidential election?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)