|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who unexpectedly helps the prosecution at the end of Chapter 14?
2. Do the reporters think Segretti will do that he does not?
(a) Go on the record.
(b) Act as a background source.
(c) Go to jail.
(d) Talk to the FBI.
3. What happens to Haldeman and Ehrlichman in Chapter 16?
(a) They keep their jobs.
(b) They are fired.
(c) They give interviews to the press.
(d) They resign.
4. Where is Woodward when Bernstein gets his subpoena?
(a) In the Caribbean.
(b) At work.
(c) At home.
(d) With Bernstein.
5. What is the informal name of the group that included Hunt, Liddy, Young, and Krough?
(a) The Lifeguards.
(b) The Plumbers.
(c) The Carpenters.
(d) The Electricians.
6. What are Bernstein and Woodward unable to substantiate in Chapter 14?
(a) Nixon’s involvement in Watergate.
(b) Hunt’s involvement in Watergate.
(c) Magruder and Dean’s involvement in Watergate.
(d) Liddy’s involvement in Watergate.
7. What does the Senator want that Woodward can’t provide him?
(a) Evidence about Colson.
(b) Information about his next article.
(c) Testimony at the inquiry.
(d) The names of his sources.
8. What does Bradlee’s statement in Chapter 9 announce?
(a) That the reporters are on probation.
(b) That the paper stands by its reporters.
(c) That the paper has fired the reporters.
(d) That certain facts from the Watergate stories have been recanted.
9. How does the FBI agent react when asked to re-confirm the story?
(a) He pretends not to know the reporters.
(b) He denies the facts.
(c) He presents new facts.
(d) He complies.
10. Who does Woodward think might be tapping his apartment?
(a) The White House.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
11. What does Bernstein want to confirm in Chapter 14?
(a) Hunt’s involvement in Watergate.
(b) Magruder and Dean’s involvement in Watergate.
(c) Liddy’s involvement in Watergate.
(d) Nixon’s involvement in Watergate.
12. What are the legal consequences for the reporters of having contacted jury members?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They are indicted.
(c) There are no consequences.
(d) They are acquitted.
13. What does Liddy remark during the trial?
(a) That the lawyers have put the men on trial in checkmate.
(b) That they’ve just captured the queen.
(c) That the King will save them.
(d) That they’re all just pawns.
14. What is Segretti’s demeanor during his interview with the reporters?
15. What does Sloan’s attorney say about Sloan’s denial?
(a) That he was right.
(b) That it is specific to this story.
(c) That he didn’t mean it.
(d) That he denies the denial.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the reporters later feel about their reaction to the FBI agent?
2. What was Mitchell’s former position?
3. Why don’t the reporters publish the Colson/Mitchell article?
4. How does Dean feel about going to jail, according to his friend?
5. What grade does Bradlee initially give Woodward’s story about Butterfield?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)