|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Kissinger contact at the Post when he is angry?
2. What does Sloan’s attorney say about Sloan’s denial?
(a) That he was right.
(b) That he didn’t mean it.
(c) That he denies the denial.
(d) That it is specific to this story.
3. Who is the reporter’s third source about Haldeman’s access to the fund?
(b) Deep Throat.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) A lawyer.
4. Where is Woodward when Bernstein gets his subpoena?
(a) At home.
(b) With Bernstein.
(c) At work.
(d) In the Caribbean.
5. What changes about Deep Throat’s attitude in Chapter 16?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is anxious.
(c) He is confident.
(d) He is quiet.
6. Who is Ed Warren?
(a) The manager of an upstate hotel in New York.
(b) Hunt’s pseudonym.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) Bernstein’s pseudonym.
7. What does Bernstein not understand at first about the legal ramifications of the President’s involvement?
(a) The practical issues.
(b) The constitutional issues.
(c) The ethical issues.
(d) The implications for the nation.
8. What do the reporters wonder about Haldeman in Chapter 9?
(a) If they can interview him.
(b) If he will resign.
(c) If he directed all of the corruption.
(d) If he is the fifth person with access to the fund.
9. Who wins the presidential election?
(b) It is unclear.
10. With whom do the reporters dine in Chapter 14?
(a) A New York Times reporter.
(b) A Newsweek reporter.
(c) Deep Throat.
(d) A Time magazine reporter.
11. How does Sloan resemble Deep Throat in Chapter 9?
(a) He yells at Woodward.
(b) He meets with the reporters in an underground garage.
(c) He refuses to be their source on Haldeman.
(d) He refuses to talk to the reporters anymore.
12. How does the FBI agent react when asked to re-confirm the story?
(a) He complies.
(b) He pretends not to know the reporters.
(c) He denies the facts.
(d) He presents new facts.
13. What group did the George Washington University student infiltrate?
(a) The CRP.
(b) The Quakers.
(c) The Hippies.
(d) The McGovern campaign.
14. What does Woodward ask for from Shapiro and Colson?
(a) Memos about Hunt’s safe.
(b) Memos from Hunt’s safe.
(c) Transcripts of Nixon’s tapes.
(d) Memos about the Canuck letter.
15. Why don’t the reporters publish the Colson/Mitchell article?
(a) Because Bradlee asked them to take it out.
(b) Because they don’t both agree about it.
(c) Because they received last-minute evidence contradicting it.
(d) Because the evidence is not convincing enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Haldeman deny in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Deep Throat think that the statement referenced in #115 is obvious?
3. What do Gray’s notes do to the Post?
4. What is one institution that is NOT mentioned as a CRP target in Chapter 16?
5. Who is the reporter’s fourth source about Haldeman’s access to the fund?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)