|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the reporters wonder about Haldeman in Chapter 9?
(a) If he will resign.
(b) If they can interview him.
(c) If he directed all of the corruption.
(d) If he is the fifth person with access to the fund.
2. Who wins the presidential election?
(b) It is unclear.
3. Whom does Bernstein think will win the presidential election?
(b) He does not vote.
4. How does Dean feel about going to jail, according to his friend?
(a) He is resigned to it.
(b) He is relieved to go.
(c) He will fight it.
(d) He wants to avoid it more than anything.
5. What group did the George Washington University student infiltrate?
(a) The Hippies.
(b) The CRP.
(c) The Quakers.
(d) The McGovern campaign.
6. What are Bernstein and Woodward unable to substantiate in Chapter 14?
(a) Magruder and Dean’s involvement in Watergate.
(b) Liddy’s involvement in Watergate.
(c) Nixon’s involvement in Watergate.
(d) Hunt’s involvement in Watergate.
7. What upsets the reporters about Nixon’s announcement regarding executive privilege in Chapter 14?
(a) It is all for show.
(b) It makes Nixon look bad.
(c) It changes the facts of their article.
(d) It confuses the public.
8. In what format does Bernstein get the names of the Watergate trial jurors?
(a) He has them faxed over.
(b) He photocopies them.
(c) He writes them down.
(d) He memorizes them.
9. What is Senator Ervin’s opinion of Nixon’s men?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are fundamentally good.
(c) They are misinformed.
(d) They are thugs.
10. What happens when Woodward requests an interview with the President?
(a) He is immediately denied.
(b) He is unconditionally offered the interview.
(c) He is given a pre-interview and later denied.
(d) He is granted the interview, but postponed.
11. What is the code name of Bernstein’s new source?
(b) My Friend.
(d) Deeper Throat.
12. Why doesn’t Woodward initially receive his subpoena?
(a) He was not supposed to receive one.
(b) He was on vacation.
(c) Someone else pretended to be him.
(d) He avoids the server.
13. Whom does Bernstein vote for in the presidential election?
(a) He does not vote.
14. What does Woodward think Graham is trying to tell him?
(a) That the reporters need to be careful in the future.
(b) That she loves their coverage of Watergate.
(c) That she needs them to stop covering the story.
(d) That she thinks he has invented sources.
15. Why do Woodward and Bernstein attend a dinner at the White House?
(a) To interview the President.
(b) To receive awards.
(c) To help Bradlee.
(d) To talk to the new attorney general.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people at the Post are issued with subpoenas?
2. What do Woodward and Bernstein later regret about their coverage of Segretti?
3. When does the Post’s story claim the President was informed about the cover-up?
4. What does Liddy remark during the trial?
5. With whom do the reporters dine in Chapter 14?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)