|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the theory presented as to why the men on trial plead guilty?
(a) They don’t understand the legal system.
(b) They anticipate a later pardon.
(c) They are remorseful.
(d) They know they will be caught anyway.
2. How does the FBI agent react when asked to re-confirm the story?
(a) He pretends not to know the reporters.
(b) He complies.
(c) He presents new facts.
(d) He denies the facts.
3. What happens to Haldeman and Ehrlichman in Chapter 16?
(a) They give interviews to the press.
(b) They resign.
(c) They are fired.
(d) They keep their jobs.
4. What is strange about Deep Throat’s meeting with Woodward in Chapter 13?
(a) It is longer than usual.
(b) He doesn’t show up.
(c) They meet at a bar.
(d) Woodward stands his source up.
5. Who writes the first part of the article about the unexpected witness at the end of Chapter 14?
6. Who is the reporter’s third source about Haldeman’s access to the fund?
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) Deep Throat.
7. Why does Deep Throat think that the statement referenced in #115 is obvious?
(a) Because Mitchell resigned.
(b) Because Sloan resigned.
(c) Because Gray was hired.
(d) Because Liddy and Hunt were hired.
8. What was Mitchell’s former position?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Head of CRP.
(d) Chief of Staff to the President.
9. What is Senator Ervin’s opinion of Nixon’s men?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are thugs.
(c) They are misinformed.
(d) They are fundamentally good.
10. What does Segretti claim he did for CRP?
(a) “Nickel and dime stuff”.
(b) “The little stuff”.
(c) “The big stuff”.
11. What is the nickname for the men on trial?
(a) The Cubans.
(b) The Watergate Five.
(c) The Watergate Seven.
(d) The Men from Miami.
12. How does Dean feel about going to jail, according to his friend?
(a) He is resigned to it.
(b) He will fight it.
(c) He is relieved to go.
(d) He wants to avoid it more than anything.
13. What changes about Deep Throat’s attitude in Chapter 16?
(a) He is anxious.
(b) He is quiet.
(c) He is confident.
(d) He is happy.
14. Do the reporters think Segretti will do that he does not?
(a) Act as a background source.
(b) Go to jail.
(c) Talk to the FBI.
(d) Go on the record.
15. What is the question among reporters in the courthouse?
(a) What will the judge do next?
(b) To whom was the judge referring?
(c) What will be the outcome of the trial?
(d) Why did the judge let Woodward and Bernstein go?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with the CRP’s subpoenas in Chapter 13?
2. What does the Senator want that Woodward can’t provide him?
3. Who issued the subpoenas?
4. What is unusual about McCord?
5. What does Sloan refuse to confirm?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)