|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Howard Hunt work directly?
2. What does Young provide the reporters?
(a) An off-the-record source.
(b) Deep background.
(c) An on-the-record source.
(d) Confirmation of earlier facts.
3. How does Mrs. Mitchell act when Woodward approaches her?
(b) He doesn’t reach her.
4. Whose name comes up in a variety of sources?
(a) George McGovern.
(b) Sally Harmony.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Gordon Liddy.
5. What was Dahlberg’s position in CRP?
(a) Midwest Secretary.
(b) Northwest Agent at Large.
(c) Northwest Finance Chairman.
(d) Midwest Finance Chairman.
6. Who from CRP directly responded to the Watergate articles?
(a) Paul Barrick.
(b) The Bookkeepers.
(c) John Mitchell.
(d) Maurice Stans.
7. What job had Ziegler previously held?
(a) Disneyland barker.
(b) Shoe salesman.
(c) Movie extra.
8. What is the term that Deep Throat uses to describe CRP’s subterfuge tactics?
(a) Black Ops.
(d) Necessary Evils.
9. Why was Dahlberg difficult to reach to at first?
(a) He was under CRP’s protection.
(b) His wife was ill.
(c) His grandmother had died.
(d) His neighbor had been kidnapped.
10. What was strange about John Mitchell’s resignation from office?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He was a very ambitious man.
(c) He didn’t tell anyone.
(d) He genuinely wanted to spend time with his family.
11. What is Chapin’s role at the White House, according to the reporters’ inside contact there?
(a) He is one of the most important people there.
(b) He has the President’s ear.
(c) He is unimportant.
(d) He is in the press office.
12. According to Deep Throat’s first statement, how many people connected to the President worked on subverting other elections?
(a) More than fifty.
(d) Fewer than ten.
13. How does Bernstein get into the Bookkeeper’s house?
(a) He insists on entering.
(b) He asks for a cigarette.
(c) He is invited in.
(d) He breaks in.
14. What regarding Sloan makes Bernstein panic in Chapter 5?
(a) The suspicion that he may not have the facts.
(b) His new attitude.
(c) Learning that he never worked for CRP.
(d) His disappearance.
15. How does the New York Times make the connection between Segretti and Chapin?
(a) Through telephone records.
(b) Through an unnamed source.
(c) Through telephone tapping.
(d) Through Woodward and Bernstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bill Mooney?
2. What had Bernstein planned on doing instead of the Watergate story?
3. What excuse does Bernstein use to stay in the Bookkeeper’s house?
4. Whom does Moore first contact?
5. How does the Bookkeeper identify the recipients of money from the security fund?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)