|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosenfeld initially distrust Young?
(a) He thinks he is lying.
(b) He thinks he’s using a pseudonym.
(c) He’s never heard of him.
(d) He thinks he is a hippy.
2. Whom does Moore first contact?
(b) Deep Throat.
3. How did Deep Throat set a meeting with Woodward?
(a) Through his copy of the paper.
(b) By waiting on random nights in the garage.
(c) Over the telephone.
(d) By setting up a red flag.
4. What code name does Bernstein use for the Bookkeeper?
(a) Deep Throat.
(b) “My friend.”
5. What is the term that Deep Throat uses to describe CRP’s subterfuge tactics?
(b) Necessary Evils.
(c) Black Ops.
6. What is CRP?
(a) Creative Republican Powerhouse .
(b) Committee to Reelect the President.
(c) Constitutional Rights Protection.
(d) Committee for Republican Power.
7. What is Sloan’s current job?
(a) He works for CRP.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He works for the White House.
(d) He is an independent consultant.
8. How does Bernstein confirm the information that Sloan gave him?
(a) Through Woodward.
(b) Through Deep Throat.
(c) Through a contact at the Justice Department.
(d) Through a contact in the FBI.
9. What did Dahlberg do with the money he was given?
(a) He kept it.
(b) He sent it to Mexico.
(c) He turned it over to the treasurer.
(d) He gave it to Hunt.
10. According to Deep Throat, where did the Canuck Letter originate?
(a) At CRP.
(b) At the Post.
(c) Muskie wrote it.
(d) At the White House.
11. What is the nickname for young reporter?
12. What was strange about John Mitchell’s resignation from office?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He didn’t tell anyone.
(c) He was a very ambitious man.
(d) He genuinely wanted to spend time with his family.
13. Whom does Bernstein call in Chapter 7?
(a) Nixon supporters.
(b) McGovern supporters.
(c) Undecided voters.
(d) Muskie supporters.
14. How many men broke into the Watergate?
15. What time does Woodward and Deep Throat’s meeting in Chapter 6 end?
(a) Six a.m.
(b) Five a.m.
(c) Three a.m.
(d) Four a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often had Woodward and Bernstein worked together before Watergate?
2. How does Woodward find Mrs. Mitchell?
3. Whose name comes up in a variety of sources?
4. What word does Ziegler try to avoid during the press conference in Chapter 8?
5. What does Bradlee not ask Woodward for at lunch?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)