|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Deep Throat provide for the reporters?
(a) Deep background.
(b) A confirmation source.
(d) A primary source.
2. How many men broke into the Watergate?
3. What is the nickname for young reporter?
4. What is Sloan’s current job?
(a) He works for CRP.
(b) He works for the White House.
(c) He is an independent consultant.
(d) He is unemployed.
5. What is the most important name connected with the fund that the reporters have found by Chapter 5?
6. What nickname did the two reporters acquire at the Post?
7. How does Mrs. Mitchell act when Woodward approaches her?
(b) He doesn’t reach her.
8. How did Woodward set a meeting with Deep Throat?
(a) Through his copy of the paper.
(b) Over the telephone.
(c) By waiting on random nights in the garage.
(d) By setting up a red flag.
9. What story do the reporters publish in Chapter 7?
(a) Nixon aide cleared of all charges.
(b) Nixon resigns from office.
(c) Nixon aide named as sabotage contact.
(d) White House denies sabotage stories.
10. What were the Watergate burglars carrying?
(a) Tapes of confidential conversations.
(b) Photo equipment and electronic gear.
(c) Bags of money.
(d) Budget memos.
11. What is Rosenfeld’s job at the paper?
(a) He is a diplomatic correspondent.
(b) He is the City editor.
(c) He is the Metro editor.
(d) He is a reporter.
12. What name does Sloan give to the fund?
(a) The Black Ops fund.
(b) The Special Projects fund.
(c) The Ratfucking fund.
(d) The Special Operations fund.
13. What does Young provide the reporters?
(a) Deep background.
(b) An off-the-record source.
(c) An on-the-record source.
(d) Confirmation of earlier facts.
14. What is Hunt’s position?
(a) Late thirties.
15. Why was Dahlberg difficult to reach to at first?
(a) His wife was ill.
(b) His grandmother had died.
(c) He was under CRP’s protection.
(d) His neighbor had been kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who from CRP directly responded to the Watergate articles?
2. What is Young’s connection to the White House?
3. How does Bernstein get into the Bookkeeper’s house?
4. What is John Mitchell’s job?
5. How does the Bookkeeper identify the recipients of money from the security fund?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)