|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sloan tell the reporters about the money in Chapter 8?
(a) Only one person really controls the fund.
(b) He was lying about it.
(c) The money is all in one fund.
(d) They’ve closed down the fund.
2. What word does Ziegler try to avoid during the press conference in Chapter 8?
(b) The Post.
3. In what year did the Watergate break-in take place?
4. In what media outlet does Ehrlichman make his denial?
(a) On the radio.
(b) In print.
(c) In a press release.
(d) On television.
5. What is the most important name connected with the fund that the reporters have found by Chapter 5?
6. How do most people on the reporters’ lists react to being contacted?
(a) They are cooperative.
(b) They are terrified.
(c) They are concerned.
(d) They are furious.
7. What is unique about the sandwich shop where Bernstein meets his source?
(a) Nobody knows about it.
(b) Democrats often meet there.
(c) It is a noted Nixon-staffer hangout.
(d) It is next door to the Post.
8. Who is Herbert Kalmbach?
(a) CRP’s lawyer.
(b) A lawyer approached by CRP.
(c) A lawyer for the White House.
(d) Nixon’s personal lawyer.
9. What job had Ziegler previously held?
(b) Movie extra.
(c) Disneyland barker.
(d) Shoe salesman.
10. How many men broke into the Watergate?
11. What regarding Sloan makes Bernstein panic in Chapter 5?
(a) Learning that he never worked for CRP.
(b) His disappearance.
(c) The suspicion that he may not have the facts.
(d) His new attitude.
12. What is the colloquial term that CRP used for its subterfuge tactics?
(c) Necessary Evils.
(d) Black Ops.
13. Why was Dahlberg difficult to reach to at first?
(a) His grandmother had died.
(b) He was under CRP’s protection.
(c) His wife was ill.
(d) His neighbor had been kidnapped.
14. Whom does Bernstein call in Chapter 7?
(a) Nixon supporters.
(b) Muskie supporters.
(c) McGovern supporters.
(d) Undecided voters.
15. What does the White House hope to get from the Post?
(a) Woodward and Bernstein fired.
(b) A retraction and apology.
(c) Their publishing license.
(d) The names of their sources.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Bookkeeper identify the recipients of money from the security fund?
2. What is the nickname for young reporter?
3. What is Chapin’s job at the White House?
4. Who is Young?
5. What story do the reporters publish in Chapter 7?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)