|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young Post reporter use to see if Segretti is home?
(a) A matchstick.
(b) A napkin.
(c) A letter.
(d) A cigarette.
2. What is Chapin’s job at the White House?
(a) He is a speechwriter.
(b) He is an aide to the President.
(c) He works in security.
(d) He works in the press office.
3. What is the second document from Hunt’s safe that was destroyed?
(a) Background information on Nixon.
(b) Background information on Ted Kennedy.
(c) Background information on the Post.
(d) Background information on JFK.
4. What is one institution that is NOT mentioned as a CRP target in Chapter 16?
(a) The Post offices.
(b) The Brookings Institute.
(c) The Newsweek offices.
(d) The Time magazine offices.
5. What setback had the Post encountered in 1971?
(a) It had gone bankrupt.
(b) The New York Times had published the Pentagon Papers.
(c) Time Magazine got an interview with the President.
(d) They were scooped on a story about a Vietnam general.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bernstein vote for in the presidential election?
2. What is the code name of Bernstein’s new source?
3. How does Mrs. Mitchell act when Woodward approaches her?
4. How does Dean feel about going to jail, according to his friend?
5. How often had Woodward and Bernstein worked together before Watergate?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)