|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bernstein confirm the information that Sloan gave him?
(a) Through Woodward.
(b) Through a contact at the Justice Department.
(c) Through a contact in the FBI.
(d) Through Deep Throat.
2. What is Ziegler’s role at the White House?
(a) He is the Press Secretary.
(b) He is the Chief of Staff.
(c) He is an economic advisor.
(d) He is a speechwriter.
3. What is CRP?
(a) Creative Republican Powerhouse .
(b) Committee for Republican Power.
(c) Committee to Reelect the President.
(d) Constitutional Rights Protection.
4. How do most people on the reporters’ lists react to being contacted?
(a) They are terrified.
(b) They are concerned.
(c) They are cooperative.
(d) They are furious.
5. What is Young’s connection to the White House?
(a) He is a friend of Nixon’s.
(b) He knows Chapin and Segretti.
(c) He is a major CRP fundraiser.
(d) He worked there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the colloquial term that CRP used for its subterfuge tactics?
2. At the beginning of the book, how long had Woodward been working at the Post?
3. What is Chapin’s role at the White House, according to the reporters’ inside contact there?
4. What do reporters at the newsroom tease Bernstein about during the investigation into CRP’s checks?
5. Whom does Bernstein call in Chapter 7?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)