|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the Watergate break-in take place?
2. What is unique about the sandwich shop where Bernstein meets his source?
(a) It is a noted Nixon-staffer hangout.
(b) Democrats often meet there.
(c) It is next door to the Post.
(d) Nobody knows about it.
3. What was Dahlberg’s position in CRP?
(a) Midwest Finance Chairman.
(b) Northwest Finance Chairman.
(c) Northwest Agent at Large.
(d) Midwest Secretary.
4. What code name does Bernstein use for the Bookkeeper?
(a) Deep Throat.
(c) “My friend.”
5. What setback had the Post encountered in 1971?
(a) It had gone bankrupt.
(b) Time Magazine got an interview with the President.
(c) The New York Times had published the Pentagon Papers.
(d) They were scooped on a story about a Vietnam general.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Watergate burglars carrying?
2. Why was Dahlberg difficult to reach to at first?
3. What had Bernstein planned on doing instead of the Watergate story?
4. Who from CRP directly responded to the Watergate articles?
5. How does Howard Hunt respond to the story about the burglars’ connection to the White House?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)