|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does von Rumpel find a bathtub three-quarters full of water in the house in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
(a) On the third floor.
(b) On the sixth floor.
(c) On the second floor.
(d) On the fourth floor.
2. What word from Part Eight: 9 August 1944 refers to a cannon having a relatively short barrel that is used for firing shells at a high angle of elevation?
3. What pseudonym does Marie-Laure choose for herself in Part Five: January 1941?
(a) The Bear.
(b) The Daisy.
(c) The Whelk.
(d) The Rose.
4. What prison do the French policemen say that they believe Daniel LeBlanc may be housed at in Part Five: January 1941?
5. What does Vokheimer pile onto Bernd's body after he dies in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is Marie-Laure reading from when she first begins transmitting from the radio in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
2. What lines the walls in the room of the house that has the model in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
3. Who is the Malouin informer that has related information about Daniel LeBlanc that von Rumpel receives in Part Nine: May 1944?
4. What word from Part Six: 8 August 1944 means to flow out from a source or origin?
5. Who calls Sergeant Major von Rumpel to relate what he has found out about the locksmith in Part Nine: May 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Marie and Etienne go after the end of the war in Europe in Part Eleven: 1945?
2. What is the mission that Werner's group is assigned in Saint-Malo in Part Nine: May 1944?
3. What does Werner's group encounter in Vienna in Part Seven: August 1942?
4. How does Marie-Laure determine that someone is in the house in Part Six: 8 August 1944? How does she react to this information?
5. What does Werner discover while listening to Etienne on the radio in Part Nine: May 1944? How does Werner deal with the situation?
6. What does Marie-Laure do with the radio in the attic in Part Eight: 9 August 1944? Why?
7. How does Sergeant Major von Rumpel respond when he learns that he has only a short amount of time left in Part Nine: May 1944?
8. What does Werner witness at the train station near Lodz in Part Seven: August 1942? How does this affect him?
9. Where does Sergeant Major von Rumpel go inside of Etienne's home in Part Six: 8 August 1944? What is he seeking?
10. What exchange takes place between Werner and Sergeant Major von Rumpel in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)