|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Madame Manec and Marie-Laure meet with the man named Rene in Part Five: January 1941?
(a) The Hotel of Bees.
(b) The Hotel-Dieu.
(c) The Hotel Duchy.
(d) The Grand Hotel.
2. Who does Werner recall having seen "through all the stagecraft" of Hitler's rise to power in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
3. What is the code phrase that Marie-Laure tells the baker when she goes to collect messages in Part Seven: August 1942?
(a) One ordinary loaf.
(b) Two apples please.
(c) The blonde mermaids meet.
(d) Two baguettes please.
4. Who is the Malouin informer that has related information about Daniel LeBlanc that von Rumpel receives in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) Charles Gounod.
(b) Harold Bazin.
(c) Professor Hublin.
(d) Claude Levitte.
5. What does the baker give to Marie-Laure in addition to a loaf of bread during her visit in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) A turnip.
(b) A cabbage.
(c) A sack of potatoes.
(d) A bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug is in the ampules that Sergeant Major von Rumpel takes in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
2. How many days has Werner been trapped under the Hotel of Bees when he first hears Marie-Laure's voice on the radio in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
3. Whose bookshop does Etienne recall as he lay in the bombed prison in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
4. What does Volkheimer say his great-grandfather was in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
5. What animals can Marie-Laure hear almost inaudibly from her hiding spot in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Werner hears the first Russian voices on the radio in Part Seven: August 1942?
2. What does Werner's group encounter in Vienna in Part Seven: August 1942?
3. How is Bernd's death described in Part Six: 8 August 1944? How does Werner react to Bernd's death?
4. What does Marie-Laure do when she decides to take a stand in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
5. What is the mission that Werner's group is assigned in Saint-Malo in Part Nine: May 1944?
6. What does Marie-Laure do with the radio in the attic in Part Eight: 9 August 1944? Why?
7. Where does Sergeant Major von Rumpel go inside of Etienne's home in Part Six: 8 August 1944? What is he seeking?
8. What is related in Daniel LeBlanc's letter to Marie-Laure in Part Five: January 1941?
9. What exchange takes place between Werner and Sergeant Major von Rumpel in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
10. How does Werner respond when Marie-Laure ends her broadcast in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)