|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Werner recall a boy from school describing a rally to him in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
(b) La Cite.
2. What is the final song that Marie-Laure plays over the radio waves in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
(a) Warsaw Concerto.
(b) Clair de Lune.
(c) Canon in D.
(d) Symphonie fantastique.
3. What is Sergeant Major von Rumpel's first name?
4. How old does Etienne tell his jailers that his is in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
5. Who is the composer of "Clair de Lune"?
(a) Jean-Baptiste Accolay.
(b) Charles Gounod.
(c) Georges Auric.
(d) Claude Debussy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bernd's first name?
2. Whose errant bomb hits Fort National in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
3. Where does Etienne receive the messages from that he broadcasts via radio in Part Seven: August 1942?
4. Who does Werner recall having seen "through all the stagecraft" of Hitler's rise to power in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
5. What objects does Marie-Laure have with her as she hides from the German inside the house at the end of Part Six: 8 August 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Werner respond when he hears Marie-Laure on the radio in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
2. What does Frau Elena do when she and the girls encounter the Russian soldiers in Part Eleven: 1945?
3. Where do Marie and Etienne go after the end of the war in Europe in Part Eleven: 1945?
4. What internal conflicts does Marie-Laure face in Part Eight: 9 August 1944? How does she overcome these conflicts?
5. What does Marie-Laure do with the radio in the attic in Part Eight: 9 August 1944? Why?
6. What does Werner discover while listening to Etienne on the radio in Part Nine: May 1944? How does Werner deal with the situation?
7. How is Marie-Laure affected by the German surrender in Part Eleven: 1945?
8. What is the mission that Werner's group is assigned in Saint-Malo in Part Nine: May 1944?
9. How does Sergeant Major von Rumpel respond when he learns that he has only a short amount of time left in Part Nine: May 1944?
10. Who introduces Marie-Laure to her new hiding place in Part Five: January 1941? How is this setting described?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)