|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marie-Laure tell her uncle she would like to go at the end of Part Eleven: 1945?
(a) To England.
(b) To America.
(c) To Berlin.
(d) To school.
2. Where does von Rumpel find a bathtub three-quarters full of water in the house in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
(a) On the third floor.
(b) On the fourth floor.
(c) On the sixth floor.
(d) On the second floor.
3. What drug is in the ampules that Sergeant Major von Rumpel takes in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
4. Who runs the bakery that Marie-Laure visits daily in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) Madame Ruelle.
(b) Jean-Baptiste Accolay.
(c) Harold Bazin.
(d) Madame Manec.
5. What does Vokheimer pile onto Bernd's body after he dies in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Werner say is his favorite thing he has ever seen in his letter to Jutta in Part Nine: May 1944?
2. What illness does Madame Manec contract in Part Five: January 1941?
3. How old is Jutta in January of 1945?
4. What lines the walls in the room of the house that has the model in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
5. Who calls Sergeant Major von Rumpel to relate what he has found out about the locksmith in Part Nine: May 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sergeant Major von Rumpel respond when he learns that he has only a short amount of time left in Part Nine: May 1944?
2. What does Werner's group encounter in Vienna in Part Seven: August 1942?
3. What does Werner witness at the train station near Lodz in Part Seven: August 1942? How does this affect him?
4. What is related in Daniel LeBlanc's letter to Marie-Laure in Part Five: January 1941?
5. What internal conflicts does Marie-Laure face in Part Eight: 9 August 1944? How does she overcome these conflicts?
6. How does Marie-Laure determine that someone is in the house in Part Six: 8 August 1944? How does she react to this information?
7. What happens after Werner hears the first Russian voices on the radio in Part Seven: August 1942?
8. Where does Sergeant Major von Rumpel go inside of Etienne's home in Part Six: 8 August 1944? What is he seeking?
9. How do Etienne and Madame Manec reach a resolution to their conflict in Part Five: January 1941?
10. What is the mission that Werner's group is assigned in Saint-Malo in Part Nine: May 1944?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)