|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose errant bomb hits Fort National in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
(a) The Russians'.
(b) The Italians'.
(c) The Americans'.
(d) The French.
2. How does Volkheimer say partisans are coordinating attacks on German trains in Part Seven: August 1942?
(a) By hand signals.
(b) By radio signal.
(c) By bread messages.
(d) By telephone.
3. Who is the mining official that has sent a note congratulating Werner for his successes in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
(a) Herr Gounod.
(b) Herr Siedler.
(c) Herr Hublin.
(d) Herr Bazin.
4. Who is the Malouin informer that has related information about Daniel LeBlanc that von Rumpel receives in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) Claude Levitte.
(b) Harold Bazin.
(c) Professor Hublin.
(d) Charles Gounod.
5. What do the French policemen say that Daniel LeBlanc has been convicted of in Part Five: January 1941?
(b) Theft and conspiracy.
(c) Treason and conspiracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the cultural region in the northwest of France where Etienne's house is in the novel?
2. Who is the ship captain described in the book that Marie-Laure reads over the radio in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
3. What is Sergeant Major von Rumpel's first name?
4. What month is it when Marie-Laure leads her great-uncle to the gates of the Jardin des Plantes in Part Eleven: 1945?
5. What is the name of the Jewess from Frederick's elevator that appears to Werner in a vision in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Werner hears the first Russian voices on the radio in Part Seven: August 1942?
2. Where does Sergeant Major von Rumpel go inside of Etienne's home in Part Six: 8 August 1944? What is he seeking?
3. What is Sergeant Major von Rumpel doing in Etienne's home in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
4. What does Werner discover while listening to Etienne on the radio in Part Nine: May 1944? How does Werner deal with the situation?
5. What inspires Volkheimer to find a way to freedom from the collapsed hotel basement in Part Ten: 12 August 1944? How does he escape?
6. What does Werner's group encounter in Vienna in Part Seven: August 1942?
7. How does Etienne begin helping the French Resistance in Part Seven: August 1942? What precautions does he take?
8. How does Sergeant Major von Rumpel respond when he learns that he has only a short amount of time left in Part Nine: May 1944?
9. What does Werner witness at the train station near Lodz in Part Seven: August 1942? How does this affect him?
10. Why does Marie-Laure make her way to the attic in Part Six: 8 August 1944? Where does she go in the attic?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)