|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disorder does Etienne suffer from in the novel?
2. How long ago does the narrator say that D-Day occurred in Chapter 5 of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
(a) 4 months ago.
(b) 2 weeks ago.
(c) 2 months ago.
(d) 3 days ago.
3. What has Marie-Laure's father been building a model of in Part Three: June 1940?
(b) A ship.
(d) A train.
4. What is the title of Chapter 2 in Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
5. What German word is described as meaning "child's play" in Part Five: January 1941?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Etienne LeBlanc described as being in Part Four: 8 August 1944?
2. How long do the entrance exams last for the National Political Institutes of Education in Part Three: June 1940?
3. What does Etienne leave a trail of on the ground for Marie-Laure to find when he first meets her in Part Three: June 1940?
4. Who is the engineer that Werner recalls seeing right before the blast in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
5. Where does Marie-Laure LeBlanc's father work in the beginning of Part One: 1934?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gifts does Marie-Laure's father begin giving her after she becomes blind in Part One: 1934?
2. What is Marie-Laure doing when the bombing begins in Chapter 3: "The Girl"?
3. How does the narrator describe Marie-Laure's reaction to the bombing in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
4. How is Frederick's home described in Part Five: January 1941? What prized object does Frederick show Werner at his home?
5. What does Werner find when he awakens in Part Two: 8 August, 1944? Where is Werner?
6. What does Etienne show to Marie-Laure in the attic in Part Three: June 1940?
7. What is Werner Pfennig doing when his character is first introduced in Part Zero: 7 August, 1944? Where is Werner?
8. What does the reader discover that Daniel LeBlanc is carrying with him in his flight from Paris in Part One: 1934? How is this revealed?
9. How does the narrator describe the activities in Saint-Malo in the beginning of Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
10. Where are Marie-Laure and her father going in Part Three: June 1940? Who greets them when they reach their destination?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)