|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "overzealous schoolmaster" that is the warrant officer in charge of field exercises in Part Three: June 1940?
2. Where are the citizens instructed to surrender their radio transmitters, according to the notices in Part Three: June 1940?
(a) 6 rue Espadrille.
(b) 27 rue de Chartres.
(c) 24 rue de la Esplanade.
(d) 16 rue de la Crosse.
3. What does the word "solicitous" mean as used in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
4. Who is the engineer that Werner recalls seeing right before the blast in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
5. Frederick tells Werner during their visit to Frederick's family home, "Your problem, Werner, is that you still believe you own" what?
(a) A novel thought.
(b) Anything worthwhile.
(c) Your sister.
(d) Your life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Marie-Laure LeBlanc when she goes blind?
2. Where is Marie-Laure hiding during the air raid in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
3. What does Etienne say his brother's name was that had a beautiful voice as a boy?
4. What was Claude Lavitte's trade prior to the war?
5. Who answers the door at Marie-Laure's great-uncle's home when Marie-Laure and her father arrive in Part Three: June 1940?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sergeant Major von Rumpel's new objective in Part Five: January 1941? Where does this objective lead him?
2. How does the author use metaphor to illustrate Sergeant Major von Rumpel's illness in Part Four: 8 August 1944?
3. Where are Marie-Laure and her father going in Part Three: June 1940? Who greets them when they reach their destination?
4. How does Marie-Laure respond when the radios are confiscated in Part Three: June 1940? What secret does Marie-Laure keep?
5. Where does Marie-Laure hear the legend of the Sea of Flames in Part One: 1934? Where was the Sea of Flames first discovered?
6. Where does Marie-Laure go to seek shelter during the bombing in Part Two: 8 August, 1944? Why? What does she take with her?
7. How is Claude Levitte described in Part Three: June 1940? What is Claude Levitte's objective?
8. What efforts does Volkheimer make to free himself and the others in Part Four: 8 August 1944?
9. How does Marie-Laure cope with the loss of her sight when she goes fully blind in Part One: 1934?
10. What happens to Frederick when he and Werner return to school after the holidays in Part Five: January 1941?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)