|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernd describe to Werner and Volkheimer before he dies in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
(a) His last visit with his sister.
(b) His last visit with his father.
(c) His last visit with his mother.
(d) His last visit with his brother.
2. How old is Jutta in January of 1945?
3. When did Joseph Goebbels die?
(a) March 12, 1944.
(b) May 1, 1945.
(c) June 12, 1961.
(d) September 11, 1945.
4. Who is the ship captain described in the book that Marie-Laure reads over the radio in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
(a) Captain Martin.
(b) Captain Nemo.
(c) Captain Mordor.
(d) Captain Jason.
5. Who sacrifices herself first to the Russians when they find the girls in Part Eleven: 1945?
(d) Frau Elena.
6. Where does Marie-Laure go to hide when she hears the German boot-steps inside the home in the beginning of Part Six: 8 August 1944?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In her uncle's study.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) Under her bed.
7. What nickname does Dr. Geffard call Marie-Laure in Part Eleven: 1945?
(a) Petit Marie.
8. When Werner is summoned to the commandant's office in Chapter 90: "Orders," he is told that his age was recorded wrong. How old does the commandant tell Werner he really is?
9. Who runs the bakery that Marie-Laure visits daily in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) Jean-Baptiste Accolay.
(b) Harold Bazin.
(c) Madame Ruelle.
(d) Madame Manec.
10. Where does Werner recall a boy from school describing a rally to him in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
(a) La Cite.
11. What prison do the French policemen say that they believe Daniel LeBlanc may be housed at in Part Five: January 1941?
12. What animals can Marie-Laure hear almost inaudibly from her hiding spot in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
13. What does the baker give to Marie-Laure in addition to a loaf of bread during her visit in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A cabbage.
(c) A turnip.
(d) A sack of potatoes.
14. How large has the tumor in Sergeant Major von Rumpel's throat grown when he visits the doctor in Nuremberg in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) Six centimeters in diameter.
(b) Two centimeters in diameter.
(c) Five centimeters in diameter.
(d) Four centimeters in diameter.
15. What word from Part Eight: 9 August 1944 refers to a cannon having a relatively short barrel that is used for firing shells at a high angle of elevation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does von Rumpel find a bathtub three-quarters full of water in the house in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
2. What is the final song that Marie-Laure plays over the radio waves in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
3. What does Vokheimer pile onto Bernd's body after he dies in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
4. What term from Part Six: 8 August 1944 refers to a device though which current can pass freely in only one direction?
5. What is the name of the cultural region in the northwest of France where Etienne's house is in the novel?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)