|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Werner recall having seen "through all the stagecraft" of Hitler's rise to power in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
2. What language does Werner hear when he first picks up messages over the radio in Part Seven: August 1942?
3. When did Joseph Goebbels die?
(a) September 11, 1945.
(b) May 1, 1945.
(c) March 12, 1944.
(d) June 12, 1961.
4. Which of Sergeant Major von Rumpel's daughters can sing well, according to the narrator in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
5. What word from Part Six: 8 August 1944 means to flow out from a source or origin?
6. What letters on license plates indicate that someone is in the air force, according to the man who meets with Madame Manec in Part Five: January 1941?
7. Where does Etienne rent a flat in Paris in Part Eleven: 1945?
(a) The rue de la Crosse.
(b) The rue de Patriarches.
(c) Avenue des Champs-Elysees.
(d) The rue de Chartres.
8. What is the code phrase that Marie-Laure tells the baker when she goes to collect messages in Part Seven: August 1942?
(a) Two apples please.
(b) One ordinary loaf.
(c) The blonde mermaids meet.
(d) Two baguettes please.
9. Where does von Rumpel find a bathtub three-quarters full of water in the house in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
(a) On the second floor.
(b) On the fourth floor.
(c) On the third floor.
(d) On the sixth floor.
10. What ship is described in Marie-Laure's reading over the radio in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
(a) The USS Maine.
(b) The Nautilus.
(c) The Nina.
(d) The USS Decoy.
11. What does the word "Lebensraum" translate to in English?
(d) Living space.
12. How old does Etienne tell his jailers that his is in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
13. What is the name of the Jewess from Frederick's elevator that appears to Werner in a vision in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
(a) Frau Hauptmann.
(b) Frau von Rumpel.
(c) Frau Accolay.
(d) Frau Schwartzenberger.
14. What month is it when Marie-Laure leads her great-uncle to the gates of the Jardin des Plantes in Part Eleven: 1945?
15. Who runs the bakery that Marie-Laure visits daily in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) Jean-Baptiste Accolay.
(b) Harold Bazin.
(c) Madame Ruelle.
(d) Madame Manec.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Sergeant Major von Rumpel recently completed treatments in Part Seven: August 1942?
2. Who is the composer of "Clair de Lune"?
3. What is the final song that Marie-Laure plays over the radio waves in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
4. What prison do the French policemen say that they believe Daniel LeBlanc may be housed at in Part Five: January 1941?
5. How does Volkheimer say partisans are coordinating attacks on German trains in Part Seven: August 1942?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)