|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says in Part Nine: May 1944, "The last days of May 1944 in Saint-Malo feel to Marie-Laure like the last days of May 1940" where?
(a) In London.
(b) In Zurich.
(c) In Paris.
(d) In America.
2. Who is the composer of "Clair de Lune"?
(a) Georges Auric.
(b) Charles Gounod.
(c) Jean-Baptiste Accolay.
(d) Claude Debussy.
3. What drug is in the ampules that Sergeant Major von Rumpel takes in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
4. Where has Sergeant Major von Rumpel recently completed treatments in Part Seven: August 1942?
5. What pseudonym does Marie-Laure choose for herself in Part Five: January 1941?
(a) The Whelk.
(b) The Rose.
(c) The Bear.
(d) The Daisy.
6. When Werner is summoned to the commandant's office in Chapter 90: "Orders," he is told that his age was recorded wrong. How old does the commandant tell Werner he really is?
7. How long does Etienne remain in his study after Madame Manec dies in Part Seven: August 1942?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 4 days.
8. What letters on license plates indicate that someone is in the air force, according to the man who meets with Madame Manec in Part Five: January 1941?
9. How long does the doctor in Nuremberg tell von Rumpel he has left to live in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) 6-7 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2-3 years.
(d) 3-4 months.
10. Where does Etienne receive the messages from that he broadcasts via radio in Part Seven: August 1942?
(a) Inside pillowcases.
(b) Inside apple pies.
(c) Inside loaves of bread.
(d) Inside seashells on the beach.
11. Who does Werner recall having seen "through all the stagecraft" of Hitler's rise to power in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
12. What does the baker give to Marie-Laure in addition to a loaf of bread during her visit in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) A sack of potatoes.
(b) A cabbage.
(c) A turnip.
(d) A bottle of wine.
13. Professor Pierre Aronnax is a character from what novel?
(a) The Little Prince.
(b) Aesop's Fables.
(c) Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.
(d) To Have and Have Not.
14. What is inside the first can that Marie-Laure opens in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
(a) Green beans.
15. What lines the walls in the room of the house that has the model in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
(a) Radio parts.
(c) Mortar shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days has Werner been trapped under the Hotel of Bees when he first hears Marie-Laure's voice on the radio in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
2. Who is the mining official that has sent a note congratulating Werner for his successes in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
3. When the French policemen search Etienne's house, they comment about what objects that he has kept in a closet that could put him in jeopardy in Part Five: January 1941?
4. Who is sitting in the alcove with Marie-Laure and Madame Manec in Chapter 81: "Grotto" in Part Five: January 1941?
5. Who is the Malouin informer that has related information about Daniel LeBlanc that von Rumpel receives in Part Nine: May 1944?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)