|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says in Part Nine: May 1944, "The last days of May 1944 in Saint-Malo feel to Marie-Laure like the last days of May 1940" where?
(a) In London.
(b) In America.
(c) In Zurich.
(d) In Paris.
2. How old does Etienne tell his jailers that his is in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
3. Who is the ship captain described in the book that Marie-Laure reads over the radio in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
(a) Captain Martin.
(b) Captain Mordor.
(c) Captain Nemo.
(d) Captain Jason.
4. Who is the mining official that has sent a note congratulating Werner for his successes in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
(a) Herr Siedler.
(b) Herr Bazin.
(c) Herr Gounod.
(d) Herr Hublin.
5. What ship is described in Marie-Laure's reading over the radio in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
(a) The USS Maine.
(b) The USS Decoy.
(c) The Nautilus.
(d) The Nina.
6. What is Sergeant Major von Rumpel's first name?
7. What is the name of the driver in Werner's group in Part Seven: August 1942?
(a) Neumann One.
(b) Harold Bazin.
(d) Neumann Two.
8. Where are the headmistress and the four girls still at Children's House transferred to work at a machine parts factory in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
(a) The Front.
9. What prison do the French policemen say that they believe Daniel LeBlanc may be housed at in Part Five: January 1941?
10. What does Werner say is his favorite thing he has ever seen in his letter to Jutta in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) The citadel.
(b) An American ship.
(c) The sea.
11. What is the name of the corporal that greets Werner in the beginning of Part Seven: August 1942?
(d) Neumann Two.
12. What word from Part Eleven: 1945 refers to the science dealing with the study of mollusks?
13. How many of the 380 French prisoners at Fort National are killed instantly when the bomb hits in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
14. Who hurls a grenade at the stairwell under the Hotel of Bees in Part Ten: 12 August 1944?
(b) Sergeant Major von Rumpel.
15. What objects does Marie-Laure have with her as she hides from the German inside the house at the end of Part Six: 8 August 1944?
(a) A sword, a blanket, and a loaf of bread.
(b) Two potatoes and a stack of magazines.
(c) Two cans, a brick, and a knife.
(d) A can opener, a can of sardines, and a loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Madame Manec contract in Part Five: January 1941?
2. How large has the tumor in Sergeant Major von Rumpel's throat grown when he visits the doctor in Nuremberg in Part Nine: May 1944?
3. What code phrase does the baker tell Marie-Laure when she goes to get her bread in Part Nine: May 1944?
4. What is the name of the German truck that carries electrical gear in Part Seven: August 1942?
5. What is inside the first can that Marie-Laure opens in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)