|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What floor of the house is Marie-Laure on when the blasts hit in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
(a) The third floor.
(b) The sixth floor.
(c) The second floor.
(d) The first floor.
2. Who is the half-Algerian lapidary that von Rumpel believes may have made the fake versions of the Sea of Flames in Part Five: January 1941?
(a) Professor Hublin.
3. In what discernible way has Werner been injured from the bombing in Part Four: 8 August 1944?
(a) His right hand has been blown off.
(b) He has become paralyzed from the waist down.
(c) He has lost hearing in his left ear.
(d) He has broken several bones in his right leg.
4. What kind of gemstone is the Sea of Flames?
(a) A blue diamond.
(b) An amethyst.
(c) A ruby.
(d) A yellow diamond.
5. How old is Marie-Laure LeBlanc when she goes blind?
6. Who is the directress of the orphanage where Werner grows up?
(a) Frau Jutta.
(b) Frau Goebbels.
(c) Frau Manec.
(d) Frau Elena.
7. What is the name of the coal mining complex where Werner Pfennig grows up?
(c) La Cite.
8. How old is Werner Pfennig when he is introduced in Chapter 4 of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
9. Who can Werner see screaming as he is pulled from the rubble in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
10. Where does Frederick invite Werner to visit his family for the holidays in Part Five: January 1941?
11. What disorder does Etienne suffer from in the novel?
12. Where does the furniture lorry drop off Marie-Laure and her father in Part Three: June 1940?
13. For how long has Marie-Laure's father been gone without word when Madame Manec finally takes her outside the house in Part Five: January 1941?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 9 days.
(c) 29 days.
(d) 1 and 1/2 weeks.
14. Where are the citizens instructed to surrender their radio transmitters, according to the notices in Part Three: June 1940?
(a) 16 rue de la Crosse.
(b) 24 rue de la Esplanade.
(c) 27 rue de Chartres.
(d) 6 rue Espadrille.
15. What color are Werner's eyes determined to be by the inspectors at the school in Part Three: June 1940?
(a) Sky blue.
(c) Kelly green.
(d) Midnight blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "solicitous" mean as used in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
2. Frederick tells Werner during their visit to Frederick's family home, "Your problem, Werner, is that you still believe you own" what?
3. What month is it when Frederick disappears from the school altogether in Part Five: January 1941?
4. What is the name of Marie-Laure's great-uncle who owns the house where she is staying in Chapter 3 of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
5. What item of food does Marie-Laure take with her as she seeks refuge in the house in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)