|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the legend that the museum curator relates of the Sea of Flames in Part One: 1934, what must be done with the gem in order for the curse to be lifted?
(a) It must be cast into a volcano.
(b) It must be ground into ashes.
(c) It must be burned and then buried.
(d) It must be thrown into the sea.
2. What is the gemstone hidden inside of in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
(a) A sofa cushion.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A porcelain doll.
(d) A model house.
3. What does Etienne say his brother's name was that had a beautiful voice as a boy?
4. What street is the Hotel of Bees described as being on in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
(a) Avenue des Champs-Elysees.
(b) The rue de la Crosse.
(c) The Place de la Concorde.
(d) The rue Martin.
5. What term from Part Three: June 1940 refers to a psychological theory based on the belief that certain mental faculties and character traits are indicated by the configurations of the skull?
6. What town do Marie-Laure and her father reach two days after fleeing Paris in Part Three: June 1940?
(c) La Cite.
7. What does the word "corsair" mean as used in Part Four: 8 August 1944?
8. How old is Marie-Laure LeBlanc when she is introduced in Chapter 3 of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
9. Where does Frederick invite Werner to visit his family for the holidays in Part Five: January 1941?
10. What are pouring from the sky in the first chapter of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
11. What is the date of the telegram that directs Daniel LeBlanc to return to Paris at the end of the month in Part Three?
(a) September 15, 1940.
(b) December 10, 1940.
(c) March 10, 1941.
(d) July 12, 1939.
12. What is the title of Chapter 2 in Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
13. What has Marie-Laure's father been building a model of in Part Three: June 1940?
(a) A train.
(d) A ship.
14. What animals is Frederick fascinated with in the novel?
15. Who is the half-Algerian lapidary that von Rumpel believes may have made the fake versions of the Sea of Flames in Part Five: January 1941?
(b) Professor Hublin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation of "L'hotel des Abeilles"?
2. Where does the furniture lorry drop off Marie-Laure and her father in Part Three: June 1940?
3. What is the name of the maid that dotes on Frederick during his visit home in Part Five: January 1941?
4. What is the address of the house that von Rumpel seeks out as he looks out over the devastation of the city in the beginning of Part Four: 8 August 1944?
5. Where is Werner informed he is to report to once he has been accepted into the National Political Institutes of Education in Part Three: June 1940?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)