|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Etienne leave a trail of on the ground for Marie-Laure to find when he first meets her in Part Three: June 1940?
(a) Bread crumbs.
2. What does Werner use the rest of his money from Herr Siedler to purchase for the orphanage in Part Three: June 1940?
(a) A phonograph player.
(c) A radio.
(d) A telephone.
3. What does the word "corsair" mean as used in Part Four: 8 August 1944?
4. What kind of gemstone is the Sea of Flames?
(a) A ruby.
(b) A blue diamond.
(c) A yellow diamond.
(d) An amethyst.
5. What disorder does Etienne suffer from in the novel?
6. In what discernible way has Werner been injured from the bombing in Part Four: 8 August 1944?
(a) He has become paralyzed from the waist down.
(b) His right hand has been blown off.
(c) He has lost hearing in his left ear.
(d) He has broken several bones in his right leg.
7. What does Etienne say his brother's name was that had a beautiful voice as a boy?
8. Who gives Sergeant Major Reinhold von Rumpel a tour of the gems and minerals in the Grand Gallery in Part Three: June 1940?
(b) Joseph Goebbels.
(c) Francois Giannot.
(d) Professor Hublin.
9. What has Marie-Laure's father been building a model of in Part Three: June 1940?
(b) A ship.
(c) A train.
10. What is the name of the orphanage where Werner and his younger sister grow up?
(a) Mother's House.
(b) St. Paul Home.
(c) Children's House.
(d) St. Mary's Orphanage.
11. What is the title of Chapter 2 in Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
12. How many trips does Marie-Laure's father make in order to surrender the family's radios in Part Three: June 1940?
13. How many years does the museum curator say have passed since the Sea of Flames was shut away in a vault by orders of the king, in Part One: 1934?
14. How old is Marie-Laure LeBlanc when she goes blind?
15. Who hacks at the rubble in the stairwell as Werner watches in Part Four: 8 August 1944?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers the door at Marie-Laure's great-uncle's home when Marie-Laure and her father arrive in Part Three: June 1940?
2. How do Marie-Laure and Etienne hide the entrance to the attic in Part Three: June 1940?
3. What word from Part Two: 8 August, 1944 means to change from one nature, substance, form, or condition into another?
4. What is the date of the telegram that directs Daniel LeBlanc to return to Paris at the end of the month in Part Three?
5. What is the name of Marie-Laure's great-uncle who owns the house where she is staying in Chapter 3 of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)