|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Nine: May 1944: Chapters 129-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernd describe to Werner and Volkheimer before he dies in Part Six: 8 August 1944?
(a) His last visit with his father.
(b) His last visit with his sister.
(c) His last visit with his mother.
(d) His last visit with his brother.
2. What town do Marie-Laure and her father reach two days after fleeing Paris in Part Three: June 1940?
(c) La Cite.
3. What is inside the first can that Marie-Laure opens in Part Eight: 9 August 1944?
(a) Green beans.
4. What does the baker give to Marie-Laure in addition to a loaf of bread during her visit in Part Nine: May 1944?
(a) A cabbage.
(b) A sack of potatoes.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A turnip.
5. Where does Marie-Laure go to hide when she hears the German boot-steps inside the home in the beginning of Part Six: 8 August 1944?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) In her uncle's study.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Werner describe for Frank Volkheimer in his letters to Jutta in Part Three: June 1940?
2. What is the name of the coal mining complex where Werner Pfennig grows up?
3. What term from Part Six: 8 August 1944 refers to a device though which current can pass freely in only one direction?
4. What term from Part Five: January 1941 refers to a small bubble of gas or liquid enclosed in a mineral or rock?
5. Who answers the door at Marie-Laure's great-uncle's home when Marie-Laure and her father arrive in Part Three: June 1940?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)