|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: June 1940: Chapters 37-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answers the door at Marie-Laure's great-uncle's home when Marie-Laure and her father arrive in Part Three: June 1940?
(c) Claude Levitte.
(d) Madame Manec.
2. What is the name of Werner's younger sister?
3. The following is one of the quotes which opens the novel: "It would not have been possible for us to take power or to use it in the ways we have without the radio." Who is attributed to this quote?
(a) Joseph Goebbels.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Franklin Roosevelt.
4. What does the word "solicitous" mean as used in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
5. What town do Marie-Laure and her father reach two days after fleeing Paris in Part Three: June 1940?
(d) La Cite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Part Two: 8 August, 1944 means to change from one nature, substance, form, or condition into another?
2. What does Marie-Laure hold in her left fist as she hides during the air raid in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
3. What street is the Hotel of Bees described as being on in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
4. What is the title of Chapter 2 in Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
5. Under what peninsular fort does the narrator describe underground armories and a hospital in Chapter 5 of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)