|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: June 1940: Chapters 37-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the 865 buildings within the walls of Saint-Malo remained standing after the bombings in August of 1944, according to Philip Beck's quote which opens the novel?
2. Where does the furniture lorry drop off Marie-Laure and her father in Part Three: June 1940?
3. What floor of the house is Marie-Laure on when the blasts hit in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
(a) The sixth floor.
(b) The third floor.
(c) The second floor.
(d) The first floor.
4. What does the legend of the Sea of Flames supposedly ensure for the owner of the gem?
5. What is the address where Marie-Laure sits with the model in Chapter 3 of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
(a) 8 rue Versailles.
(b) 4 rue Vauborel.
(c) 13 rue Plantenot.
(d) 6 rue de la Vogne.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago does the narrator say that D-Day occurred in Chapter 5 of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
2. What item of food does Marie-Laure take with her as she seeks refuge in the house in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
3. Who can Werner see screaming as he is pulled from the rubble in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
4. Who is moving about the rubble with a flashlight after the blast as Werner lay unable to move in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
5. Where are the entrance exams held for the National Political Institutes of Education in Part Three: June 1940?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)