|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: June 1940: Chapters 37-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The following is one of the quotes which opens the novel: "It would not have been possible for us to take power or to use it in the ways we have without the radio." Who is attributed to this quote?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Joseph Goebbels.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
2. According to the legend that the museum curator relates of the Sea of Flames in Part One: 1934, what must be done with the gem in order for the curse to be lifted?
(a) It must be ground into ashes.
(b) It must be cast into a volcano.
(c) It must be thrown into the sea.
(d) It must be burned and then buried.
3. How old is Werner Pfennig when he is introduced in Chapter 4 of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
4. How many of the 865 buildings within the walls of Saint-Malo remained standing after the bombings in August of 1944, according to Philip Beck's quote which opens the novel?
5. Where does Marie-Laure LeBlanc's father work in the beginning of Part One: 1934?
(a) Cité nationale de l'histoire de l'immigration.
(b) The Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle.
(c) Galerie nationale du Jeu de Paume.
(d) Cabinet des Médailles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can Werner see screaming as he is pulled from the rubble in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
2. Who is the engineer that Werner recalls seeing right before the blast in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
3. What is the address where Marie-Laure sits with the model in Chapter 3 of Part Zero: 7 August, 1944?
4. Where is Marie-Laure hiding during the air raid in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
5. What is Adolf Hitler's birthday?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)