|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Ten: 12 August 1944: Chapters 148-165.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the citizens instructed to surrender their radio transmitters, according to the notices in Part Three: June 1940?
(a) 16 rue de la Crosse.
(b) 6 rue Espadrille.
(c) 24 rue de la Esplanade.
(d) 27 rue de Chartres.
2. What does the word "solicitous" mean as used in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
3. What term from Part Six: 8 August 1944 refers to a device though which current can pass freely in only one direction?
4. The following is one of the quotes which opens the novel: "It would not have been possible for us to take power or to use it in the ways we have without the radio." Who is attributed to this quote?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Franklin Roosevelt.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Joseph Goebbels.
5. How many bombers have already turned and climbed before the debris begins hitting the ground in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the museum curator say a prince plucked the Sea of Flames from a dry riverbed centuries ago in Part One: 1934?
2. Where is Marie-Laure hiding during the air raid in Part Two: 8 August, 1944?
3. What term from Part Five: January 1941 refers to a small bubble of gas or liquid enclosed in a mineral or rock?
4. What objects does Marie-Laure have with her as she hides from the German inside the house at the end of Part Six: 8 August 1944?
5. What German word is described as meaning "child's play" in Part Five: January 1941?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)