Part Zero: 7 August, 1944: Chapters 1-8
• All the Light We Cannot See is a critically acclaimed, best-selling novel by Anthony Doerr.
• Set during World War II in occupied France, the novel relates the story of a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths cross in their struggles for survival.
• Part Zero: 7 August, 1944 opens with Chapter 1: “Leaflets” on August 7th, 1944, as leaflets are dropped over the houses of Saint-Malo warning people to leave their homes and head for open country.
• At midnight, bombers cross the channel but in a tall, slim house on rue Vauborel a blind sixteen year old girl is oblivious to their warnings.
• Marie should be hurrying downstairs but instead her fingers continue to walk along the streets of her model, remembering.
• Etienne is locked inside the gates of Fort National as a cascade of bombs drop onto the city.
• To the north, Werner Pfennig...
This section contains 3,595 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)