|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does Violet sleep over at while Finch is missing?
2. Who does Violet allow to kiss her while Finch is missing?
3. Why does Finch go to the hospital?
4. Where does Finch get flowers for Violet?
5. What piece of Finch's wardrobe does Violet wear to his funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Violet leave in Milltown?
2. Why is Violet disappointed at the world's largest paint ball location?
3. What does Violet realize about Finch's final messages to her?
4. How does Violet know something is wrong with Finch after Kate goes to her house?
5. What does Finch leave for Violet at the final wandering location?
6. Who does Finch see at Life is Life?
7. How does Violet and Finch's mistake affect Violet's parents?
8. Who is Violet's closest friend while Finch is gone?
9. How does Finch celebrate his birthday?
10. Where does Violet sign her name at Pendleton Pike Drive-In?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Violet's relationship to writing. What does she think about writing, and how does this thinking change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The theme of survival is a significant theme in the novel. Analyze how the author develops the theme of survival, particularly through Violet, a survivor of two tragedies.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the significance of Finch's closet. Why does he move into his closet? In what ways does this decision both help and hinder him?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)